Waves 5 and Live 3

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
JES

Waves 5 and Live 3

Post by JES » Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:54 pm

Hi,

Anybody running Waves 5 and Live 3 on a Mac (I run OSX 10.3). Does it work? Are there problems? How about on Live 4? Waves just told me they dropped ableton support.

Thanks.

--JES

forge

Re: Waves 5 and Live 3

Post by forge » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:27 pm

JES wrote:Hi,

Anybody running Waves 5 and Live 3 on a Mac (I run OSX 10.3). Does it work? Are there problems? How about on Live 4? Waves just told me they dropped ableton support.

Thanks.

--JES
dropped support? that's a bummer - they've always been excellent with their support and I only really use with live these days

Live 3 had some problems with Live (although I think I got waves 5 after I got Live 4 so I'm not sure if the problems were fixed with v5, but Live 3 with waves 4 had some probs

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:46 pm

Live 4 and Waves 5 worked fine for me on OSX 10.3, and now fine on XP as well.

rajcoont

Post by rajcoont » Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:52 pm

I jujst bought the waves musicians bundle and contrary to what i was told, they are far from smooth running with live, the VST's do not work at all, and I have crashed live 4 at least a couple times a session with the AU's working...it's not a deal breaker, but I've never crashed Live until now and I know for a fact it will happen once i start using the r comp or r eq.....it's a shame, especially if they are not planning on adding support and making this better

Alex Reynolds

Post by Alex Reynolds » Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:55 pm

I have still been unable to get the Waves 5 IR plugins to work with Live 4.0.1 under Mac OS X 10.3. Haven't been sure how to proceed with it.

forge

Post by forge » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:20 pm

rajcoont wrote:I jujst bought the waves musicians bundle and contrary to what i was told, they are far from smooth running with live, the VST's do not work at all, and I have crashed live 4 at least a couple times a session with the AU's working...it's not a deal breaker, but I've never crashed Live until now and I know for a fact it will happen once i start using the r comp or r eq.....it's a shame, especially if they are not planning on adding support and making this better
I'm on PC - I have been still finding a little buggyness with plug-ins in live 4 - it seems to be when using mono versions of the waves plug-ins - such as RComp mono I get total brain fuck crashes

JES

Post by JES » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:33 am

thanks for all the replies, folks and please keep them coming. It's not a deal-breaker for me since I also use DP (for old fashioned recording and mixing) but I'd rather know what I'm getting into if I upgrade to version 5.

Best,
--JES