help me vote for obama

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dj superflat

Post by dj superflat » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:20 pm

btw, i know this is obnoxious to say, but you will almost certainly ultimately come to believe, rightly or wrongly, that the certainty of the relatively young (26 is relatively young) is largely unwarranted, even if you respect the motivation/energy that often comes with it.

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:51 am

lol@ silverlulu....hugs tonedeft, see I am being nice!!

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:55 am

another one is in for Obama, btw. I dont know how people can be all cheerful voting in florida still. kind of made me nauseous the whole day afterward.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:39 am

ThrowAway wrote:lol@ silverlulu....hugs tonedeft, see I am being nice!!
yep, you've been more chill in this thread than I. sorry, sooo many political threads, sooo much OT, sometimes too little patience.

on a political note...
I got a robocall from Cindy Sheehan poo poo-ing Nancy Pelosi, Sheehan is running for Pelosi's spot. omfg.

catching up on my recorded programs Tony Blair on John Stewart, GREAT interview
http://hotair.com/archives/2008/09/19/v ... r-on-iraq/

link looks like it's the whole thing.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:55 am

Ive met Cindy shes nice. She kind of irks me when she picks and chooses the questions she will or will not answer but its been forever since Ive paid attention to whats going on with her and her cause so it might have changed by now. Anyways it would have to be an improvement over pelosi, at least the lady doesn't mind stirring shit.

deva

Post by deva » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:25 pm

silverlulu wrote: there is no need for us to trade blows over this. but if you are not willing to pay attention to the information i present when disagreeing with your point
You have not provided any information except a 2 1/2 hour video. I tried watching it, but the first 10 minutes was fluff so I stopped watching it not knowing when anything informative would get said. No offense, but as a vehicle to make your point, that video is not effective.

I suspect that it is some sort of 'illuminati/secret world cabal which controls everything' sorta thing. Yes there are people trying to control the world... duh... but the world is also much more than that and it is not all controlled. The human mind likes to reduce the complexity of life down to simple concepts cause the vast mystery makes the mind uncomfortable.

Whether your vote counts, is more up to you than anyone else. The whole 'world is controlled by a secret group' thing is the outcome of an alienated society and a symptom of the sense of powerlessness and meaninglessness people feel.

An individual may vote for the first time, feel empowered and go on to do effective work in their community. Can you then call that vote meaningless?

Becoming overly focused on the macro is an almost sure road to ineffective inaction.

deva

Post by deva » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:27 pm

ThrowAway wrote:Ive met Cindy shes nice. She kind of irks me when she picks and chooses the questions she will or will not answer but its been forever since Ive paid attention to whats going on with her and her cause so it might have changed by now. Anyways it would have to be an improvement over pelosi, at least the lady doesn't mind stirring shit.
I would so love to see Sheehan oust Pelosi!!

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:33 pm

omfg why? she's just a pissed off mom. I love what she's done but now she wants to challenge the speaker of the house.

if all you can say is negative stuff about Pelosi... :roll:
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:45 pm

David Icke is a nutter.
spreader of butter

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:10 pm

b0unce wrote:David Icke is a nutter.
Blasphemy! You can't talk about the Son Of God like that!

deva

Post by deva » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:17 am

Tone Deft wrote:omfg why? she's just a pissed off mom. I love what she's done but now she wants to challenge the speaker of the house.
I'd much rather have a pissed off mom than a lying thieving power hungry crook

:-)