ALL CASH RAISED - You're a bunch of bloody legends

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
djfm

Post by djfm » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:15 am

I will be chipping in as soon as I get paid
http://www.myspace.com/projectf - Progressive
http://soundcloud.com/fproject
http://twitter.com/fproject1

Macbook 2.4 4GB/Live 7.15/massive/Absynth 4

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:31 am

Crash wrote:Ableton should provide you with a free copy.
+1, With the amount of advertising, tutorials and demos you put out, Ableton should put you on the payrol not just give you a copy of the full suite.

Give him a copy Abes, he's promoting your product all over the world, doing really well at it and only just breaking even for food. Can't your marketing dept sort him out wit a discount at the very least?

Baron von Case

Post by Baron von Case » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:51 pm

I guess judging by all the people who know you and your great contributions to Ableton, you must somehow deserve this money. At least I hope you do. It sucks for me to have to see people with half my talent being able to afford things I couldn't fathom owning, but I've decided to deal with it.

Could someone explain to me in greater detail what these contributions are?

Good luck; I know for a fact I could never garner any pity from these America-hating motherfuckers. :wink:

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:35 pm

Martyn wrote:
+1, With the amount of advertising, tutorials and demos you put out, Ableton should put you on the payrol not just give you a copy of the full suite.

Give him a copy Abes, he's promoting your product all over the world, doing really well at it and only just breaking even for food. Can't your marketing dept sort him out wit a discount at the very least?
+1

he supplies knowledge much better then any of the official sources... meaning the lessons, manual and the movies, you abes should get him doing official tutorials for you.

give him at least a NFR copy, he deserves it, promoting your product like no other on this forum...

if you can support less talented big names, you can easy support such a smart and well talented guy.
*** Image GAFM ***

dancing Ray

Post by dancing Ray » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:41 pm

SubFunk wrote:
Martyn wrote:

+1

he supplies knowledge much better then any of the official sources... meaning the lessons, manual and the movies, you abes should get him doing official tutorials for you.

give him at least a NFR copy, he deserves it, promoting your product like no other on this forum...

if you can support less talented big names, you can easy support such a smart and well talented guy.
+1

yeah, give it to him!
Spiralgroove wrote:a little quantization never hurt nobody

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:47 pm

Given that I am a loyal Live user and bought 6 and upgraded to 7 SUite, I have fallen on hard times, car written off in an accident and being given a paltry insulting figure back from the insurance meant I had to take out another car loan.

My wife is on disability and losing 30% of her salary and my employer could only hire me 7/10 time this year, meaning I am losing 30%. Rising gas prices, etc. Oh and my dog died recently too (true :( ) just to cap it all off.

Will youse guys all chip in and help me to upgrade to Live 8 please when the time comes :wink: I come cheap because I qualify for the edu version.

Otherwise, I may be forced to hang around the toilets in Union station doing sexual favours for dirty businessmen

:lol:
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:55 pm

leedsquietman wrote:Given that I am a loyal Live user and bought 6 and upgraded to 7 SUite, I have fallen on hard times, car written off in an accident and being given a paltry insulting figure back from the insurance meant I had to take out another car loan.

My wife is on disability and losing 30% of her salary and my employer could only hire me 7/10 time this year, meaning I am losing 30%. Rising gas prices, etc. Oh and my dog died recently too (true :( ) just to cap it all off.

Will youse guys all chip in and help me to upgrade to Live 8 please when the time comes :wink: I come cheap because I qualify for the edu version.

Otherwise, I may be forced to hang around the toilets in Union station doing sexual favours for dirty businessmen

where is Union station and how do i get there

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:55 pm

leedsquietman wrote:Given that I am a loyal Live user and bought 6 and upgraded to 7 SUite, I have fallen on hard times, car written off in an accident and being given a paltry insulting figure back from the insurance meant I had to take out another car loan.

:roll:
*** Image GAFM ***

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:08 pm

Hey !! Tom COSM is a well known name. I'm just a regular joe. My music is free too !!! (well I don't know WHO would buy it :lol:)

If you guys can be so generous to Tom, what's wrong with extending some charity to other Live users in these difficult times :wink:

I would be willing to play you some guitar/bass or do some mastering engineering in return...

Union Station is in Toronto. If I looked like Tom COSM I wouldn't have to offer relief to businessMEN, I could have the ladies paying ME. Life can be so unfair :)
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

smutek

Post by smutek » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:35 pm

sweetjesus wrote: where is Union station and how do i get there

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:47 pm

:P

lola

Post by lola » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:27 pm

Abes give the topic starter a job :D

COSM

Post by COSM » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:26 am

Wow thanks again guys! up to 316 of 379 dollars :) nearly have enough to get the entire ableton 7 suite download!

Freaking legends

*hi fives the forum*

Patch

Post by Patch » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:06 pm

COSM does a lot of great work around here.
Baron von Case wrote:Could someone explain to me in greater detail what these contributions are?
This is an easy one. Do a search on username:

COSM

acroberts

Post by acroberts » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:51 pm

I've got a brand-new, unused and unactivated BlackBerry 8800 from Cingular/AT&T that's been looking for a home for a year. I won it in a user group conference and have no need for it. :(

I'd like to get rid of this thing to someone who needs it and also help out our man COSM, so here it goes...

He needs $63 to hit his goal, so the first one to offer up $70 gets the phone (shipping to U.S. included), COSM gets the first $63 and the remaining should cover shipping.

You get a decent deal, a nice guy gets his upgrade, and hopefully I get to help out and feel all tingly inside.

*hugs*

-drew
acroberts at gmail dot com

(pics available upon request)