Buy Live 7 get Operator free!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
evon

Buy Live 7 get Operator free!!!

Post by evon » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:04 pm

I have been buying Live from Live1 and I have never gotten anything free from Ableton....I mean...what about us???
fe real!

fzero

Re: Buy Live 7 get Operator free!!!

Post by fzero » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:32 pm

evon wrote:I have been buying Live from Live1 and I have never gotten anything free from Ableton....I mean...what about us???
True that. I sent an email to support@ableton.com and all they offered me was a discount.

Hey Abes, don't you get it? We were here from the start. We deserve Operator for free even more than the new customers.

You'd be nothing without a loyal user base, but seem to forget this every time.

That's really disappointing.

andydes

Post by andydes » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:51 pm

fzero wrote:
evon wrote:I have been buying Live from Live1 and I have never gotten anything free from Ableton....I mean...what about us???
True that. I sent an email to support@ableton.com and all they offered me was a discount.

Hey Abes, don't you get it? We were here from the start. We deserve Operator for free even more than the new customers.

You'd be nothing without a loyal user base, but seem to forget this every time.

That's really disappointing.
It's called a special offer. Companies do that to boost sales, especially in hard times.

It's got nothing to do with whether you deserve it or not.

They offered you a discount? That was nice of them, was it a good deal?

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:14 pm

that's not true...the updates are free... :wink:

fzero

Post by fzero » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:15 pm

andydes wrote:They offered you a discount? That was nice of them, was it a good deal?
Not really, specially with the US Dollar at an all-time high here in Brazil...

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:24 pm

fzero wrote:
andydes wrote:They offered you a discount? That was nice of them, was it a good deal?
um... Ableton is a german company I think...

fzero

Post by fzero » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:26 pm

3dot... wrote:
fzero wrote:
um... Ableton is a german company I think...
Yep, and the Euro exchange rate is even worse. It's quite expensive to make electronic music outside USA/Canada/Europe.

Meef Chaloin

Post by Meef Chaloin » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:29 pm

don't even start me on this fucking offer

read the small print

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:31 pm

Meef Chaloin wrote:don't even start me on this fucking offer

read the small print

8O

evon

Post by evon » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:41 pm

3dot... wrote:that's not true...the updates are free... :wink:
This struck me while I was making my comment, so I had to justify it in my mind. Updates are not free we are entitled to that, we paid for that when we purchased the product.
fe real!

Incy

Post by Incy » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:14 pm

evon does your USB Quattro actually work? I never got it to work.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:15 pm

I've been paying for years and years now for upgrades. I even bought operator.

it doesn't bother me at all that they are offering it for free now. if you buy something and then a sale goes on a year later for 50% off you don't go back to the store and say "hey I bought this a year ago I should get in on this promotion too" it doesn't work that way.

if you have a boxed version of live you could try to sell it for $50 less than the site asks for it and then buy the download version with free operator and you'd come out pretty good.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

evon

Post by evon » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:39 pm

Incy wrote:evon does your USB Quattro actually work? I never got it to work.
Seems like I've had the Quattro for ages. Actually, it was my first interface and in fact the only one I have ever used. It is like a rock, it is tattered and torn and just keeps going, on and on. Never had a hitch from the day I bough it.
I am thinking that M-Audio exports the better products on thier overseas market and keep the worst ones for the local consumers. This because of the reviews regarding M-Audio products that I read about by consumers in the USA.

Anyway, what exactly do you mean by "getting it to work". Have you installed the drivers correctly? Let me know, maybe I can help. There is really two stages to getting an interface to work:

1. Installing the drivers (before attaching the hardware to the PC)
2. Adjusting the "preferences" in the audio tab of the software you are using to record/etc.
fe real!

jeffplaysmoog

Post by jeffplaysmoog » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:48 pm

Yeah, it's tough. I felt pretty raw at first about the offer so I wrote Ableton to complain (didn't offer me a discount!). It just seemed that, being someone who has purchased 4 versions of the software, Sampler, Drum Racks, EIC, etc., that I should be getting this offer as well. But I also understand Ableton is trying to sell as many copies of 7 before it becomes obsolete and that they have an interest in keeping sales high. So, I am back and forth on how I feel, but overall I still feel it's a raw deal to the faithful users. Maybe they just need to balance it out when 8 arrives by offering early upgraders some form of discount on an Ableton product?

forge

Post by forge » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:58 pm

evon wrote:
Incy wrote:evon does your USB Quattro actually work? I never got it to work.
Seems like I've had the Quattro for ages. Actually, it was my first interface and in fact the only one I have ever used. It is like a rock, it is tattered and torn and just keeps going, on and on. Never had a hitch from the day I bough it.
I am thinking that M-Audio exports the better products on thier overseas market and keep the worst ones for the local consumers. This because of the reviews regarding M-Audio products that I read about by consumers in the USA.

Anyway, what exactly do you mean by "getting it to work". Have you installed the drivers correctly? Let me know, maybe I can help. There is really two stages to getting an interface to work:

1. Installing the drivers (before attaching the hardware to the PC)
2. Adjusting the "preferences" in the audio tab of the software you are using to record/etc.
I bought one of those in the UK and it never worked on 3 different machines