New Technical Sessions Video - Room Acoustic Basics

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Proof

New Technical Sessions Video - Room Acoustic Basics

Post by Proof » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:46 am

The latest episode from the Technical Sessions is now up - I take you through setting up the room for the new Proof Studios (the spare bedroom) - a quick run-down on speaker placement, and the basics of room acoustics.

Please leave a comment if you find it interesting, or have any questions.. you also get to hear a good kiwi accent!

Enjoy!

Click above..

posssu

Post by posssu » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:38 am

Hey thanks! This was really cool and helpful! I personally don't know much about acoustics (I should read, I know...) so if you come up with additional videos about this subject in the future, I'd be really interested to know about the basics, such as:
-why does the sound amplify when you place the speaker near a wall
-why does the bass get amplified in the corners
-why do you put the acoustic material behind the speakers and not behind you? doesn't the sound come towards you from the speakers and go to the back wall? I would think you want to prevent the sound from bouncing back and messing the sound what comes from front of you from the speakers.

I know these questions are probably really basic for you, but it would be extremely helpful, if there was some kind of tutorial that answered the very basics of acoustics (when it comes to room acoustics and placing speakers) - your tutorial answers how to fix it.

Anyway, awesome work, thank you again! It was very interesting to watch it!
Juhana Lehtiniemi - Film composer with Ableton Live

Proof

Post by Proof » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:09 am

Cheers for the feedback. I will be doing more of them in the future.

Just a matter of finding the time.

:D

djgroovy

Post by djgroovy » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:23 pm

Just tagging this topic so i can watch this later.