kids and ableton

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
squeakycheeker

kids and ableton

Post by squeakycheeker » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:03 am

good to know i'm not alone....i'm currently just using the mac a padkontrol and a tascam field recorder so i can set up in a corner out of the way - they'll be watching whatever atrocities are being dished up on x-factor with mum this weekend so that's three whole hours to myself..a rare treat. my eldest has done a couple of things before in garageband so maybe i'll get her doing some loops to educate her that hannah montana and HSM isn't the only music in the world...i'm up against it here...

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:17 am

My kids actually LOVE to play with my faderfoxes and they both like techno/electro/drum&bass so we quite often have a a bit of a jam and it can be great fun.

I'd like to get to the stage where I can embark on a more serious project with them but I think that's a good couple of years off yet...
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

stuart64

Post by stuart64 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:43 am

I have 2 kids, 3 and 1, boy, girl.

I decided to buy an Elektron Monomachine, as I spent too much time with live and trying soft synths and sorting out pc issues etc.

Monomachine is great as it turn's on and works instantly and you've no Distraction like soundcards, latency and other PC stuff to sort out.

Not as powerful as Live but a great compromise when time is short, I'd urge dads with small time frames to check out Elektron gear.

IOn saying that gear funds are very limited with kids so you may have to sell something to get a piece of elektron, maybe a baby gym or high chair?!? ;)

craw

Post by craw » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:14 am

2 yer old and a 4 year old. Both go to bed at 8PM, and I go to bed at midnight. So there are 4 hours there if I need it ... the real problem is not the kids, but the wife!
craw

Stace

Post by Stace » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:29 am

I have a 17 year old and I've only just now got her interested in Live, its only taken me 3 years of trying!! :roll:
"Never increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything" --- William of Ockham (1285-1349)

logic_user99

Post by logic_user99 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:30 am

My girlfriend and I are currently trying for a baby; time is ticking on! I'm aware that once a little'un arrives, there'll be little time for gigs and music making for a fairly long while!

I'm making the most of the next year/18 months; going to try and get some kind of EP released (even if it's only through iTunes!). Hooraaah.

I tell you what, though. I can't wait to be able to introduce music to my kid(s) - even if they end up wanting to play classical violin *shudder* or something, I'll be behind them 100%.
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |

koneko

Post by koneko » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:32 pm

logic_user99 wrote:I can't wait to be able to introduce music to my kid(s) - even if they end up wanting to play classical violin *shudder* or something, I'll be behind them 100%.
totally. when my 1y/o son is dancing to my beat, i know something about it must be good. and he sure does ;)

chalkline

Post by chalkline » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:33 am

I to have a 2 year old and a 4 year old, I have some toy keyboards and circuit bent stuff that my youngest just takes off the shelf and plays with, that keeps her happy for a while, my eldest likes playing with a turn table, that way I manage t fit some time in, otherwise I just get on with stuff at work!

djgroovy

Post by djgroovy » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:20 pm

ollyb303 wrote:My kids actually LOVE to play with my faderfoxes and they both like techno/electro/drum&bass so we quite often have a a bit of a jam and it can be great fun.

I'd like to get to the stage where I can embark on a more serious project with them but I think that's a good couple of years off yet...
Just don't forget to hit record whenever they're going at it! :wink: