(OT) STFU about tax increases

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
beats me

(OT) STFU about tax increases

Post by beats me » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:10 pm

You fucking morons. We had 2 goddamn wars that nobody has paid for yet. It's time to pay up and I don't care if it's me or the rich. The value of the US dollar is crap and once we start paying off the national debt the value of the dollar will increase. Quit being a simpleton and thinking money taken out of your paycheck is the only way you get taxed.

Maybe if law dictated that we couldn't go to war without an attached tax increase then we wouldn't be bombing every damn country on the globe and stupid Americans would realize doing this actually cost money.

Selfish narrow minded cunts.

pixelbox

Post by pixelbox » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:18 pm

meh
Before speaking, learn telling. And to tear magic from science is very dumb pupil-like.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:11 pm

:D <--- this is your brain

Image <--- this is your brain at the Ableton forum.

I think someone needs a hug and a troll blocker.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Moody

Post by Moody » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:17 pm

Maybe Bush should pay for his own damn bombs and I can buy more music shit!
Ableton’s engineers are hard
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t
anticipate having this available until at least the next major release.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:24 pm

OK, yeah maybe I need to chill but I'm sick and tired of this raising taxes argument being made on this board and when they interview the average moron on the street.

Here's how it should go down

Congress: There's some shifty looking characters over yonder. Should we bomb them?

The people: Oh Hells yes!! Carpet bomb them!!

Congress: Excellent. We'll be taking $10,000 more out of your paycheck this year.

The people: Oh. Nah, nevermind. Damn, that would have been so cool though.

Moody

Post by Moody » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:28 pm

beats me wrote:OK, yeah maybe I need to chill but I'm sick and tired of this raising taxes argument being made on this board and when they interview the average moron on the street.

Here's how it should go down

Congress: There's some shifty looking characters over yonder. Should we bomb them?

The people: Oh Hells yes!! Carpet bomb them!!

Congress: Excellent. We'll be taking $10,000 more out of your paycheck this year.

The people: Oh. Nah, nevermind. Damn, that would have been so cool though.
I understand your point exactly and agree it was never in the minds of the majority when they were all for chasing down the boogie man.
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t

doc holiday

Post by doc holiday » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:38 pm

the taxes thing is an old republican scare from before the days when they had terrorists to try and scare us with.

just one more scare tactic that many will fall for.

"you know those liberals all they want to do is raise taxes to give themselves a pay rase"

simpleton

Re: (OT) STFU about tax increases

Post by simpleton » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:47 pm

beats me wrote:Quit being a simpleton...
Hey!, I resemble that statement :D
I'm voting McKane cause at least he can carry a tune... Bomb-bomb-bomb, bomb-bomb Iran...
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:48 pm

I'm sure the American people still would have agreed to Afghanistan if they had to foot the bill in the same year and we wouldn't be in half the financial mess we are in now.

I can pretty much guaran-fucking-tee we wouldn't have gone to Iraq if each individual had to pony up the cash and we wouldn't be in half the financial mess we are in now, and God knows we would have found Bin Laden.

But that wasn't what happened. And I'm still pissed at the morons that think we can't raise taxes to pay for it while the dollar goes down the shitter.

And I'm not thanking Clinton for this one or saying he is a genius because I think the free market decides a lot of things, BUT when he was in office taxes were higher but the dollar was strong, people had a lot more money, and the national debt was $13.54.

Moody

Post by Moody » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:03 am

beats me wrote:I'm sure the American people still would have agreed to Afghanistan if they had to foot the bill in the same year and we wouldn't be in half the financial mess we are in now.

I can pretty much guaran-fucking-tee we wouldn't have gone to Iraq if each individual had to pony up the cash and we wouldn't be in half the financial mess we are in now, and God knows we would have found Bin Laden.

But that wasn't what happened. And I'm still pissed at the morons that think we can't raise taxes to pay for it while the dollar goes down the shitter.

And I'm not thanking Clinton for this one or saying he is a genius because I think the free market decides a lot of things, BUT when he was in office taxes were higher but the dollar was strong, people had a lot more money, and the national debt was $13.54.
Good points and this is exactly why I am for itemized taxation. :lol:

beats me

Post by beats me » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:02 am

Thank you sir. That would rule if they itemized our tax bill. And if we could call in and question certain charges.

Moody

Post by Moody » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:38 am

beats me wrote:Thank you sir. That would rule if they itemized our tax bill. And if we could call in and question certain charges.
:D

dj superflat

Post by dj superflat » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:42 am

um, the dollar's actually strengthening against everything but the yen as part of a flight to perceived quality. as for paying more in taxes, no thanks, my effective tax rate is already around 50%. you do realize the US was just ranked the most progressive tax system already aside from i think ireland?

beats me

Post by beats me » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:08 am

dj superflat wrote:um, the dollar's actually strengthening against everything but the yen as part of a flight to perceived quality. as for paying more in taxes, no thanks, my effective tax rate is already around 50%. you do realize the US was just ranked the most progressive tax system already aside from i think ireland?
50%?!? What the Hell do you do for a living? But again, a strong(er) US dollar outweighs higher taxes out of your paycheck.

What we have now is a bunch of Monday morning quarterbacks bitching about shit that isn't impacting their life directly whatsoever. So now we have to pay for these wars and the mortgages. Time to pony up. Seriously. THAT is being patriotic.

The funny thing about US taxes is no matter how much they go up and down we're pretty much paying for the same shit. When you look at higher taxes in other countries you see better health care and taking care of the unemployed and under employed. All we get here is another bomb dropped while public services and education takes it up the pooper with no lube.

But that's cool. You just focus on you and your 20 square feet of the American dream.

forge

Post by forge » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:38 am

well, the thing I think you all don't seem to realise is that in a round about kind of way you already pya way LESS taxes than everyone else - I'm not talking about the obvious taxes you're aware of, but under the surface

for example - a friend had a girl from Florida staying with them recently who was telling us that a 6 pack of Stella Artois (import) beer was $4.49US which at the moment is about $7 AUD - to buy the same 6 pack here you're looking at up to $20 AUD - that isn't GST which everyone is aware of because that's still a flat 10% - thats the government excise placed on Liquor

the other day I got an email obviously originating from the US talking about how people use Listerine to keep away mosquitoes and they were saying it was $1-89 from best buy or whatever - it's 3-5 times that price here

they are just two small examples, before we even get on to things like petrol..etc

there are so many tiers of taxation in existence most of us are not aware of them all I think, but it's there and I think in a lot of ways Americans seem to have it better there

the caveat is that you have no health care or welfare system - so I see it that we have to pay more for a lot of items in every day life, but what we get for it is a system that looks after it's people

it's true, if you want a society that is nice to live in where you know you will get help if you need it, and not completely geared towards greed of the individual, then you do have to pay for it

but I just wouldn't want to live somewhere where people are left to die because they cant afford medical insurance

vote Obama for fucks sake