what do you *actually* expect in Live 8?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ttaralli

Post by ttaralli » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:16 pm

I would love it if.....

when you hit a note to trigger drum rack that it would select that pad.

SO

If I'm editing sample start points I can just hit the pad and then it will automatically be selected and I can start fine tunning the sample start times.

Also you should be able to set all of the pads to the same choke group at once I shouldn't ave to go through each one individually (wastes time).

finally

when setting Macros in drum racks there should be a way to set the a macro to a parameter and have that macro change the same parameter for every pad. Not saying it should change the way it does it now but it should offer that option.

sorry for all the drum racks changes but it's the main thing I use in live and it's why I never touch my MPC anymore!
MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core Duo 2GB-RAMM
Ableton Live 7
Dave Smith MoPho Keyboard
Maschine
Korg NanoKontrol
Motu Ultralite MK3
EHX - Big Muff & Memory Boy

djgroovy

Post by djgroovy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:20 pm

I would also like to see multi-pad selections on drum racks. Sometimes i want to delete a bunch of them, and have to do it one by one.

Crash

Post by Crash » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:19 am

djgroovy wrote:I would also like to see multi-pad selections on drum racks. Sometimes i want to delete a bunch of them, and have to do it one by one.
There is a very simple workaround. Just unfold the Drumrack subtracks in session, mark them there and press delete. ;)

djgroovy

Post by djgroovy » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:54 am

Crash wrote:
djgroovy wrote:I would also like to see multi-pad selections on drum racks. Sometimes i want to delete a bunch of them, and have to do it one by one.
There is a very simple workaround. Just unfold the Drumrack subtracks in session, mark them there and press delete. ;)

Cool. Thanks, i didn't know that.

Low Frequency Obstinator

Post by Low Frequency Obstinator » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:14 am

I'd like it to get me drunk and let me put my hand up its jumper.
Live (yoghurt) - MBP- Circuit Bent Rampant Rabbit - Mongolian Nose Flute - 'The Marvelous Mechanical Mouse Organ' (on loan from Bagpuss) and a Swanee Whistle made from a used heroin syringe.

Mr Mowgli

Post by Mr Mowgli » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:45 pm

I'm crying out for a darn 'transpose button' octive up at the click of a button - no more draggin notes around - tasy!
Ben Jay - Founder, Prime Loops [2GB Free Download for my friends...Click Banner!]

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:06 pm

Mr Mowgli wrote:I'm crying out for a darn 'transpose button' octive up at the click of a button - no more draggin notes around - tasy!
Pitch plug?

.m

Chang

Post by Chang » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:31 pm

I would like to see Drumrack overhauled with 2 things it seriously missing imo. First, a purge function so you can throw tons of sounds into it and midi sequence and once you've gotten your song going you can hit purge and all sounds not being used in a midi sequenceclip will disappear and clean clutter out. The second, get rid of the create a track for every sound brought in and make it like everything else where you can assign which sounds to which channels you want to create. A channel created for every sound automatically was not well thought out imo and a total pain. You end up with 5 hi hats you'd normally have grouped to one stereo track all now with their own channels to make a cluttered overdone mess of channels. Especially when you've got many sounds loaded in.

Abzurd

Post by Abzurd » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:12 pm

When is it actually supposed to be out and I still cant find a thread telling specificly what the new features are?
HP Pavilion dv7 1.60GHz i7 Laptop, 4 gigs uh ram, 1.5TB external drive, M-Audio Ozonic.

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:14 pm

Abzurd wrote:When is it actually supposed to be out and I still cant find a thread telling specificly what the new features are?
It's not supposed to be out. It's not even announced. People like to speculate. Apparently.

.m

Abzurd

Post by Abzurd » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:38 pm

Thanks 4 setting me straight Lo-Fi Massahkah.
HP Pavilion dv7 1.60GHz i7 Laptop, 4 gigs uh ram, 1.5TB external drive, M-Audio Ozonic.

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:41 pm

Abzurd wrote:Thanks 4 setting me straight Lo-Fi Massahkah.
You're most welcome! :wink:

.m

Crash

Post by Crash » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:20 pm

8 will feature Vista MMCSS. They switch that off in RME's drivers in 7 already, so they know how to handle it and just wait for a pay-for update to implement it and thus make Live properly useable for Vista finally (with Aero at least).

BigBuddha

Post by BigBuddha » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:18 am

GROOVE!!!!
MacBook 2,16 GHz
2 GB RAM
Ableton Live 7.10.0
__
Live 7 need:
__
Bezier Curves
Crossfades
Groove-Quantization