The formula: Justice, Oizo, Daftpunk, Sebastian.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
lola

The formula: Justice, Oizo, Daftpunk, Sebastian.

Post by lola » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:05 pm

I was listening to sebastian and justice and oizo for 2 days long, and came to some thoughts.

The whole thing, is planned, they have all a link with how daft punk got started.

(promotion, and marketing):
Daftpunk came out of nowhere, they had their first hit (sending a demo to soma, independent small label)(yea right :D, think they already had links with virgin)
Justice, send a demo to DJ hell ( who also has a independent small record label) and got big from this.

The sound:
They all sound a the same, same sounds, same compression, same mastering, same composition formula.

What i think, they have a :

pro keyboard players
bass players
pro engineers,
1 big ass studio filled with vintage and high-tech digital stuff.
And one big ass producer (could have a link with the father of one of the daft-punks, who had some disco hits in the 70's)

The master plan

Could it be that all these artists, just are marionettes, puppets, of a big production team?
Why are there no studio pictures? of them?

It all reminds me of Frank farian, a old German producer who hides behind the screen with his big production team in the 70's, and produced boney M, and milli vanilli.

This also reminds me of Arthur baker, a big producer from New york in the 80's who had his own engineer, and keyboard player john robey.

This all is a solid machine, planned in the 90's
Maybe the daftpunk formula got kicked in a bit and they need new faces to give a new life to the golden formula.

What are your thoughts on this?

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:07 pm

I'm sorry, I just don't care!

:?
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:08 pm

ollyb303 wrote:I'm sorry, I just don't care!

me neither.
*** Image GAFM ***

twisted-space

Post by twisted-space » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:15 pm

What olly said +1

lola

Post by lola » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:46 pm

That's cool :lol:

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:46 pm

+2

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:49 pm

Ah the mysteries of the industry! Sometimes I think there are really only a handful of production teams putting out 90% of the good electronic music, under a sea of aliases...

lola

Post by lola » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:59 pm

I am always interested in the scene behind it, but i think no one knows.

bosonHavoc

Post by bosonHavoc » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:16 pm

maybe its the same people that rule the world

jamief

Post by jamief » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:18 pm

i worked briefly with daft punk when they signed to soma. We worked on some tracks together in my garage studio in Glasgow sometime in 93 i think.
They are two guys who produced there own music. They werent super confident at least Guy wasnt and were quite humble. I think Thomas was more sure of his destiny and had belief.We tinkered about with cubase on the atari the 909 and 303 and moogs and stuff.
Anyway Thomas's dad was a super disco producer and very successfull producing worldwide disco hits that are still popular today ( do web search ) The dad was obviously in the know when it came to song structure and that magic ingrediiant mastering and compression ( listen to the dads mixes on youtube). i also believe that their father ( although i didnt get that from daft punk themselves) helped or advised when it came to contracts, contacts and how best to navigate a course through the music biz etc etc.Well you would if it was your sons band wouldnt you Their early soma stuff im guessing didnt have soo much infleunce from their dad apart from perhaps alive which had aneat compression going on.
Two nice guys with great talent. I havent seen them since 2001. It is quite amazing to see what has happend with their carreer,s after working with them all those years ago.

And i agree it's always good to hear how things developed behind the scene confidence knowledge and technique are two thirds of the recipe of finding your way

DGA

Post by DGA » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:31 pm

What a shocker, artists from the same area and label having a similar sound?

Same compression? As if compression is some sort of secret these days... Anyone think more than one producer in the big apple might have used "ny style" compression back in the day?

I'm not a fan of their music, but this conspiracy goes too far for me. There is a commonality amongst them of Pedro Winter's management. Perhaps he is the one making everyone's music, but even if he is, it is not very newsworthy. There are enough examples of artists without technical chops working together with engineers, from sasha to sven vath to ellen allien to some small name duo.

bfd

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:51 pm

Cue Krazy Baldhead :lol:

What a strange conversation. Like detroit techno got famous thru one guy....
It was one movement. Same thing in Paris, Berlin,...
Last edited by hoffman2k on Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:53 pm

ooops, wrong post.
*** Image GAFM ***

lola

Post by lola » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:31 pm

jamief wrote:i worked briefly with daft punk when they signed to soma. We worked on some tracks together in my garage studio in Glasgow sometime in 93 i think.
They are two guys who produced there own music. They werent super confident at least Guy wasnt and were quite humble. I think Thomas was more sure of his destiny and had belief.We tinkered about with cubase on the atari the 909 and 303 and moogs and stuff.
Anyway Thomas's dad was a super disco producer and very successfull producing worldwide disco hits that are still popular today ( do web search ) The dad was obviously in the know when it came to song structure and that magic ingrediiant mastering and compression ( listen to the dads mixes on youtube). i also believe that their father ( although i didnt get that from daft punk themselves) helped or advised when it came to contracts, contacts and how best to navigate a course through the music biz etc etc.Well you would if it was your sons band wouldnt you Their early soma stuff im guessing didnt have soo much infleunce from their dad apart from perhaps alive which had aneat compression going on.
Two nice guys with great talent. I havent seen them since 2001. It is quite amazing to see what has happend with their carreer,s after working with them all those years ago.

And i agree it's always good to hear how things developed behind the scene confidence knowledge and technique are two thirds of the recipe of finding your way
Yea i can hear the link somewhat with the gibson brothers sound.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8MPryRqXPM

Cool man that you have worked with them, did you have you any links with soma?

jamief

Post by jamief » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:36 pm

hoffman2k wrote:Cue Krazy Baldhead :lol:

What a strange conversation. Like detroit techno got famous thru one guy....
It was one movement. Same thing in Paris, Berlin,...
Detroit got famous esentially in the begining from 3 guys and then it grew
Its always good to study your influences :)