Kore Users

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jamief

Kore Users

Post by jamief » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:30 pm

Just bought kore 2 with the controller to work alongside Komplete 5. Just wondering how other users are finding using it ?

best

creature

Post by creature » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:34 pm

I want to get one in the new year as it looks pretty near. have you checked out this site:

http://kore.noisepages.com/

Steve

jamief

Post by jamief » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:39 pm

creature wrote:I want to get one in the new year as it looks pretty near. have you checked out this site:

http://kore.noisepages.com/

Steve
looks great thanks

I bought mine off ebay last night for £250 with controller new
Havent seen one any cheaper than that so had to grab it.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:27 pm

Ya, that noisepages site is really an excellent source of inspiration to dig into your NI synths (Reaktor, Massive and Kore mainly).

One of the things I really like about Kore is that it's a great thing to turn to when you just don't know what plug0in you want to start with. Although I tend to know what I want to use when I sit down to write, sometimes you just want to find a sound and get right to it and not think about changing plug-ins or whatever to find the right sound. Kore's good for that. And of course the sound morphing is great. You can mess up your sound as much as you want and then hit a button to go back to the settings you want all at once. Or turn the dial to gradually get back to the sound you want.

It's also good for hosting multi-timbral plug-ins within it, but keeping it on one track.
Professional Shark Jumper.

jamief

Post by jamief » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:42 pm

glitchrock-buddha wrote:Ya, that noisepages site is really an excellent source of inspiration to dig into your NI synths (Reaktor, Massive and Kore mainly).

One of the things I really like about Kore is that it's a great thing to turn to when you just don't know what plug0in you want to start with. Although I tend to know what I want to use when I sit down to write, sometimes you just want to find a sound and get right to it and not think about changing plug-ins or whatever to find the right sound. Kore's good for that. And of course the sound morphing is great. You can mess up your sound as much as you want and then hit a button to go back to the settings you want all at once. Or turn the dial to gradually get back to the sound you want.

It's also good for hosting multi-timbral plug-ins within it, but keeping it on one track.

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:39 pm

To be honest, the browser is what I use least with Kore.

What's really good about the Kore/Live combo is that you can rearrange which parameters are shown to Live, thereby getting around out of range parameters. And if you're using multiple instances, being able to step through your instances on the fly's very handy.

It's very rare that I'll run a plugin outside of Kore when I'm working these days. YMMV...

Your Kore forum moderator,
ew

jamief

Post by jamief » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:32 pm

ewistrand wrote:To be honest, the browser is what I use least with Kore.

What's really good about the Kore/Live combo is that you can rearrange which parameters are shown to Live, thereby getting around out of range parameters. And if you're using multiple instances, being able to step through your instances on the fly's very handy.

It's very rare that I'll run a plugin outside of Kore when I'm working these days. YMMV...

Your Kore forum moderator,
ew
Interesting :)

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:46 pm

ewistrand wrote: What's really good about the Kore/Live combo is that you can rearrange which parameters are shown to Live, thereby getting around out of range parameters. And if you're using multiple instances, being able to step through your instances on the fly's very handy.
Agreed on the first point.

They really should do something about how the instances are chosen on the hardware by picking generic looking squares arranged by the order the instances were loaded. I think htat could be improved. Like how about the KSD names of the different instances showing up on the screen? With all the integration, you'd think that would be possible.

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:04 pm

glitchrock-buddha wrote:
ewistrand wrote: What's really good about the Kore/Live combo is that you can rearrange which parameters are shown to Live, thereby getting around out of range parameters. And if you're using multiple instances, being able to step through your instances on the fly's very handy.

They really should do something about how the instances are chosen on the hardware by picking generic looking squares arranged by the order the instances were loaded. I think htat could be improved. Like how about the KSD names of the different instances showing up on the screen? With all the integration, you'd think that would be possible.
How are you going to do that though if you have multiple instruments in an instance? Or, let's say you use the same .ksd in separate instances, but one's transposed up or down?

ew

jamief

Post by jamief » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:15 pm

Another cheap one used though - only just

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NATIVE-INSTRUMENT ... 240%3A1318

rozling

Post by rozling » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:50 pm

glitchrock-buddha wrote:Ya, that noisepages site is really an excellent source of inspiration to dig into your NI synths (Reaktor, Massive and Kore mainly).
Thank you very much :D

Actually I haven't posted anything in a while, so credit really has to go to Peters Kirn & Dines, they're both quite excellent.

BTW if you have any requests/ideas for articles or tutorials, let us know!

Eoin (of Kore @ CDM)

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:52 pm

ewistrand wrote:
glitchrock-buddha wrote:

How are you going to do that though if you have multiple instruments in an instance? Or, let's say you use the same .ksd in separate instances, but one's transposed up or down?

ew
I'm not sure where you're going here. Multiple instruments in an instance? Many KSDs have multiple instruments in an instance. They are still one KSD and they always have a name, no? If not then 'untitled' would suffice until named. And if you use the same KSD more than once, well then I guess it would have the same name twice on the display, just like other controllers with LDCs would display instrument names such as with automap. Is two of the same name really so bad compared with 8 nameless squares that can not be re-ordered? And if it was really so bad to have two of the same name displayed, well you could just rename one.
I think this is really the missing piece to the hardware side of things.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:54 pm

rozling wrote:
Thank you very much :D

Actually I haven't posted anything in a while, so credit really has to go to Peters Kirn & Dines, they're both quite excellent.

BTW if you have any requests/ideas for articles or tutorials, let us know!

Eoin (of Kore @ CDM)
I certainly will! I assume the contact info is on the site? Will check.

rozling

Post by rozling » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:58 pm

[checks the site] yes it is! Of course I can always be got here too.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 pm

rozling wrote:[checks the site] yes it is! Of course I can always be got here too.
I've already sent a message.