how do i phase reverse a wave sample in ableton?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sonicstructures

how do i phase reverse a wave sample in ableton?

Post by sonicstructures » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:38 pm

hi,
im recording drums and i need to do the phase reverse using the program (mics nor mixer has a the switch).

thanks
My arsenal: gibson guitar and bass, fender bass, takamine acoustic guitar, yamaha drums, Moog Little Phatty, Korg MS2000, Absynth, Reason, Live, Cubase, AMD Desktop with Echo Layla audio interface, AMD Laptop with presonus Firefox and the Jedi Force.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:43 pm

utility plug in under audio effects, hit the inv-L or inv-R buttons at the bottom.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Grappadura

Post by Grappadura » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:43 pm

with utility, its in the audio effects folder

sonicstructures

Post by sonicstructures » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:24 pm

thanks guys.

just to make sure, the sample is in stereo and i just need to hit BOTH the inv-L AND inv-R buttons? i ask because i dont see the wave file graphically switch.
My arsenal: gibson guitar and bass, fender bass, takamine acoustic guitar, yamaha drums, Moog Little Phatty, Korg MS2000, Absynth, Reason, Live, Cubase, AMD Desktop with Echo Layla audio interface, AMD Laptop with presonus Firefox and the Jedi Force.

Crash

Post by Crash » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:31 pm

It's nondestructive, like any live effect. You'd have to resample it in order to make it permanent.
HAL: I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you.

e.maynard

Post by e.maynard » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:16 pm

Nudge would be nice to have.
Supposedly it's coming soon.............