Kore Users

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
rozling

Post by rozling » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:08 pm

Hmm, I can't see it - must go directly to Peter then. I'll ask him. Thanks for getting in touch!

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:01 am

glitchrock-buddha wrote:[I'm not sure where you're going here. Multiple instruments in an instance? Many KSDs have multiple instruments in an instance. They are still one KSD and they always have a name, no? If not then 'untitled' would suffice until named. And if you use the same KSD more than once, well then I guess it would have the same name twice on the display, just like other controllers with LDCs would display instrument names such as with automap. Is two of the same name really so bad compared with 8 nameless squares that can not be re-ordered? And if it was really so bad to have two of the same name displayed, well you could just rename one.
I think this is really the missing piece to the hardware side of things.
Usually I'm not using .ksds- or if I am, I'm loading multiple .ksds into the same instance. That's what I mean.

And, as far as changing instances go, you have a page with 1-8 corresponding to the eight buttons. What's so difficult about that?

ew

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:28 am

ewistrand wrote:
And, as far as changing instances go, you have a page with 1-8 corresponding to the eight buttons. What's so difficult about that?
That's not difficult at all. It's good. It's the part where there are 8 unnamed boxes corresponding to your instances, and the fact that if you reorder your tracks it doesn't change the order of the boxes. They stay in the order they were loaded. You must have an excellent memory to open a project days or weeks later in which you've changed tracks around and remember which boxes they were on the kore screen. :wink:

Seriously, would it be so bad to be able to name an instance of kore and have that displayed? Seems like not only a reasonable request but also something I could see them implementing in the future.
Professional Shark Jumper.

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:57 am

No, it wouldn't be bad. However, with the size of the controller display, you'd have the same sort of cryptic abbreviations for your names as you do with the controls, which may or may not be a bad thing.

ew

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:02 am

ewistrand wrote:No, it wouldn't be bad. However, with the size of the controller display, you'd have the same sort of cryptic abbreviations for your names as you do with the controls, which may or may not be a bad thing.

ew
Anything's better than empty squares! :P

jamief

Post by jamief » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:01 am

Got todaqy and have just installed it. All fine found the unavilble patches after i unchecked the unavailble patches box in options.

Bu ther seems to be no midi files. Is this correct ? there is abig list but with no content in them ?

What am i missing ? Have posted on the Ni forum also but thought i would buzz hear\ as well.

Best :)

rozling

Post by rozling » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:08 am

Hmm, there are just a small few in my factory installation, I think for some of the Kore library drum kits - these are in the Shared Content folder on my machine?

jamief

Post by jamief » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:51 am

rozling wrote:Hmm, there are just a small few in my factory installation, I think for some of the Kore library drum kits - these are in the Shared Content folder on my machine?
been advised to install update. hopefully this will fix it :)

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:17 am

jamief wrote:
rozling wrote:Hmm, there are just a small few in my factory installation, I think for some of the Kore library drum kits - these are in the Shared Content folder on my machine?
Make sure to download all the updates and extras for Kore: If you own Komplete, get the komplete pack of Kore sounds from the site, and if you own Electronic Instruments 1 or 2, or stuff like kontakt experience, synthetic drums etc., get those Kore sounds as well.

Mesmer

Post by Mesmer » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:06 am

One thing I cannot understand clearly about kore:

will I be able to purchase and install "Kontakt paks", sample/loop expansions made for kontakt?

see I can read clearly the whole "it has 6 sound engines, including kontakt".
but then I go around and I see these "Kore paks" and that's where I become dumbfounded. Obviously Kore paks should install ok, and be playable easily, since they are made with kore in mind ... but, again:

can I get away with insatlling and playig kontakt expansions through kore, somehow?

any of you guys know about this?
thanks.
-h
http://www.mesmero.net
---
---
Hidden Driveways wrote:This doesn't answer your question at all, but I said it anyway simply for the joy of making a post.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:44 am

Mesmer wrote:One thing I cannot understand clearly about kore:

will I be able to purchase and install "Kontakt paks", sample/loop expansions made for kontakt?

see I can read clearly the whole "it has 6 sound engines, including kontakt".
but then I go around and I see these "Kore paks" and that's where I become dumbfounded. Obviously Kore paks should install ok, and be playable easily, since they are made with kore in mind ... but, again:

can I get away with insatlling and playig kontakt expansions through kore, somehow?

any of you guys know about this?
thanks.
-h
If you do not own Kontakt, then you will not be able to use any Kontakt expansion if it's not specifically for Kore. Kore soundpacks are specifically for Kore, so any of those using Kontakt will work regardless of whether you own Kontakt.

If you had a bunch Kontakt files, you wouldn't be able to open Kore to be able to load them since you can't open an instrument which you don't own inside Kore.

jamief

Post by jamief » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:13 am

glitchrock-buddha wrote:
jamief wrote:
Make sure to download all the updates and extras for Kore: If you own Komplete, get the komplete pack of Kore sounds from the site, and if you own Electronic Instruments 1 or 2, or stuff like kontakt experience, synthetic drums etc., get those Kore sounds as well.
Hi, updated kore and downloaded a gig of other updates which i will eat my way throught over the next fewdays for the rest of my plugins. I dont remeber seeing Komplete sound download on the service centre list. Is this lopcated seperately on the Ni server ?

Oh Glitch rock have you expereinced the problem in live when using kore as avst where you have been unable to use the qwerty keyboard to type in new info like comments or inst names etc etc it just doesnt seem to regonise my keystrokes- qwerty keyboard as midi inpout is off in live

jamief

Post by jamief » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:15 am

jamief wrote:Got todaqy and have just installed it. All fine found the unavilble patches after i unchecked the unavailble patches box in options.

Bu ther seems to be no midi files. Is this correct ? there is abig list but with no content in them ?

What am i missing ? Have posted on the Ni forum also but thought i would buzz hear\ as well.

i have 4780 user sounds is this on par for anyone using komplete 5 and kore2 ?

Also kore sees all my artutia plugins and spectrasonic suite and others like ohmforce etc etc but doesnt seem to load up the presets within kore itself. I take it this is asking too much /

best

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:34 pm

jamief wrote:
jamief wrote:Got todaqy and have just installed it. All fine found the unavilble patches after i unchecked the unavailble patches box in options.

i have 4780 user sounds is this on par for anyone using komplete 5 and kore2 ?
?

Any NI sounds should be in your factory sounds- not your user sounds. As for the number, that sounds low to me. It should be about 8000 as far as I can tell.

On my machine, I have 14,000+ factory sounds, but I've got the old Kontakt 2 and GR2 .ksds in mine for compatibility with the stuff I did in Kore 1, as well as the Kore 1 performances. Plus, I have both Electronic Instruments versions and all the Korepacks as well.
Also kore sees all my artutia plugins and spectrasonic suite and others like ohmforce etc etc but doesnt seem to load up the presets within kore itself. I take it this is asking too much /

best
You have to import the presets. However, with anything that doesn't use .fxb for banks (Spectrasonics and Arturia are prime examples), you can't do a batch import; you'll have to do them one patch at a time.

ew

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:37 pm

jamief wrote:Oh Glitch rock have you expereinced the problem in live when using kore as avst where you have been unable to use the qwerty keyboard to type in new info like comments or inst names etc etc it just doesnt seem to regonise my keystrokes- qwerty keyboard as midi inpout is off in live
I'll refer you to the answer I gave you in the NI forums:

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/forum/s ... hp?t=75204

ew