Kore Users

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:11 pm

jamief wrote:
i have 4780 user sounds is this on par for anyone using komplete 5 and kore2 ?

Also kore sees all my artutia plugins and spectrasonic suite and others like ohmforce etc etc but doesnt seem to load up the presets within kore itself. I take it this is asking too much /

best
That's not all the sounds. And yes, there is komplete 5 kore sounds installer that should be under your kore 2 section. You'll be well over 8000 probably. I think I was around 10,000 after EI2 and kontakt experience and some others.

Kore does not see you're plug-ins presets. You have to load those yourself as ksds or banks of ksds from fxb. There's lots of info on that on the NI forums.
Professional Shark Jumper.

rbro

Post by rbro » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:16 pm

I just bought a used Kore 1. It seems like this thing doesn't want to play nice with my USB hub. Does it need it's own dedicated USB port to get enough power?

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:25 pm

rbro wrote:I just bought a used Kore 1. It seems like this thing doesn't want to play nice with my USB hub. Does it need it's own dedicated USB port to get enough power?
In most cases, yes.

If you do use an external hub, it has to be powered and putting out the 500 mA per port that the USB spec calls for. I've heard Belkin powered hubs work about as well as any.

ew

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:48 pm

I've got the Kore 1 controller running into a seven slot usb hub, with all 7 used, and it works.

Allthough.... I do get the odd sudden latency jump for which I still haven't found the cause, but I don't think that's related to the usb connections, because my firepod is using firewire.

rbro

Post by rbro » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:49 am

glitchrock-buddha wrote:I've got the Kore 1 controller running into a seven slot usb hub, with all 7 used, and it works.

Allthough.... I do get the odd sudden latency jump for which I still haven't found the cause, but I don't think that's related to the usb connections, because my firepod is using firewire.
Powered hub I assume?

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:40 am

rbro wrote:
glitchrock-buddha wrote:I've got the Kore 1 controller running into a seven slot usb hub, with all 7 used, and it works.

Powered hub I assume?
yes.

rozling

Post by rozling » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:55 am

Glitchrock are you on Windows or Mac? With XP I have started just disabling a bunch of stuff - I have a batch file which disables a whole score of services including antivirus, network connections etc. Last night I was able to get my Traveler's latency down to 192 samples whilst recording 8 audio tracks & playing through Kore - first time I'd tried it, and there were no glitches whatsoever.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:18 pm

rozling wrote:Glitchrock are you on Windows or Mac? With XP I have started just disabling a bunch of stuff - I have a batch file which disables a whole score of services including antivirus, network connections etc. Last night I was able to get my Traveler's latency down to 192 samples whilst recording 8 audio tracks & playing through Kore - first time I'd tried it, and there were no glitches whatsoever.
I'm on a mac. I don't use the interface for audio though. I have used it a couple times when I've gone to jam somewhere, and I've gotten some crackles once in a while even at 512 samples. It was the only thing plugged in (and a keyboard going into the midi in). So I stick to my presonus firepod and firebox.

rozling

Post by rozling » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:30 pm

Interesting. The only thing plugged in - so no powered hub? Maybe an issue with power/USB power on your motherboard? I'm pretty new to the Mac stuff.

Or maybe it's just a dodgy Kore unit... worth trying another USB cable too as they are definitely not all created equal.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:41 pm

Nah, I think the Kore 1 audio interface just kinda sucks on mac. My other interfaces are fine. But it's ok, I don't use the kore controller for audio.

Mesmer

Post by Mesmer » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:54 pm

glitchrock-buddha wrote:
Mesmer wrote:One thing I cannot understand clearly about kore:

will I be able to purchase and install "Kontakt paks", sample/loop expansions made for kontakt?

see I can read clearly the whole "it has 6 sound engines, including kontakt".
but then I go around and I see these "Kore paks" and that's where I become dumbfounded. Obviously Kore paks should install ok, and be playable easily, since they are made with kore in mind ... but, again:

can I get away with insatlling and playig kontakt expansions through kore, somehow?

any of you guys know about this?
thanks.
-h
If you do not own Kontakt, then you will not be able to use any Kontakt expansion if it's not specifically for Kore. Kore soundpacks are specifically for Kore, so any of those using Kontakt will work regardless of whether you own Kontakt.

If you had a bunch Kontakt files, you wouldn't be able to open Kore to be able to load them since you can't open an instrument which you don't own inside Kore.
Thanks GB,
your answer was so clear.
take care.
http://www.mesmero.net
---
---
Hidden Driveways wrote:This doesn't answer your question at all, but I said it anyway simply for the joy of making a post.

occular

Post by occular » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:28 pm

Do anyone know a way, how to make Kore see Ableton FX ? Or maybe a workaround to control macros in Live ( midi )?
That would be fine..
Neuronal Impulse->Sound Processing->Live Performance->Music

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:22 pm

occular wrote:Do anyone know a way, how to make Kore see Ableton FX ? Or maybe a workaround to control macros in Live ( midi )?
That would be fine..
No you can't do that. Any hosts native effects or devices can not be loaded into any other plug-in host (which Kore is), because they are not plug-ins, they are built-in to the host program. I don't know of any way of controlling macros from the Kore controller either, as it doesn't send midi. Maybe there is a utility out there or something. Maybe check the Kore forum at NI.

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:28 pm

glitchrock-buddha wrote:
occular wrote:Do anyone know a way, how to make Kore see Ableton FX ? Or maybe a workaround to control macros in Live ( midi )?
That would be fine..
No you can't do that. Any hosts native effects or devices can not be loaded into any other plug-in host (which Kore is), because they are not plug-ins, they are built-in to the host program. I don't know of any way of controlling macros from the Kore controller either, as it doesn't send midi. Maybe there is a utility out there or something. Maybe check the Kore forum at NI.
If you own the full version of Reaktor as well as Kore 2, you can use Jonathan Leonard's kore2midi ensemble to do that. It's part of his Toolpack:

http://www.jonathanleonard.com/sounddesign/K2RTP/

ew

rbro

Post by rbro » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:42 pm

Is anyone using Kore as their main go-to plugin for a their other plugins? Do you use it instead of opening everything else now? I'm tempted to just go in there and import all my Omnisphere and other presets, but it seems like so much work to go through and tag everything so it's searchable. Also, if I get Komplete later and install it, will Kore automatically recognize all the presets as Koresounds or do I need to import them?