Who wants "Glitch" plug for mac? No need with Able

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
3rdordertrauma

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:01 am

Anyone notice Ableton has made the glitch rack into a lesson in Lives lesson menu? Its not the identical rack but the idea is the same. Its called "Instant Remix" in the lessons view table of contents. Maybe this was there all along? But I've only just noticed with the release v7. :D

mesaboogiewes

Post by mesaboogiewes » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:44 pm

is there any way you could post a tutorial on how you made that from scratch? side chains and racks are hard for me to get as i'm a noob! pm me please!
2.16 Ghz MacBook, M-Audio Firewire 410, Live 6, Sampler, Reason 4, BFD, Melodyne cre8, M-Audio O2, Micro Korg

3rdordertrauma

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:23 pm

mesaboogiewes wrote:is there any way you could post a tutorial on how you made that from scratch? side chains and racks are hard for me to get as i'm a noob! pm me please!
A tutorial for this would be cool... I don't have one yet but I'm interested in doing one. I am absolutely strapped for time ATM but will try to make space for it soon. I'm currently working on the new version of my website so maybe as soon as it goes online I'll post the tutorial there.

In the meantime I hope you are having fun with it and I am always interested in hearing what people create with it.

Stay tuned defeq.com will be back online soon!

condra

Post by condra » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:11 am

bump and subscribe. This is interesting.

3rdordertrauma

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:12 pm

My apologies the site is offline at the moment... I'm doing my best to get it back online and freshened up with some new shtuff but I'm struggling with my limited knowledge of web design/development. Any web designer/developers in the house want to lend a hand? :D I can pay in Ableton tutorials... :D :roll:

kraze

Post by kraze » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:53 pm

It's a pretty nice rack but very very different from dBlue glitch.
Check out Sugar Bytes Effectrix for Glitch v2, it's even ub.

mesaboogiewes

Post by mesaboogiewes » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:46 pm

ok so i think i figured out how most of project:glitch was created...

however...

i can't figure out how the HELL you automated that macro knob to switch the effects randomly like that...it just moves from effect to effect...AND the beat repeats just randomly switch...HOW? lol.

and i will just add one more time, that is one kick ass rack! =)
2.16 Ghz MacBook, M-Audio Firewire 410, Live 6, Sampler, Reason 4, BFD, Melodyne cre8, M-Audio O2, Micro Korg

Mr Lager

Post by Mr Lager » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:42 pm

phwoaar! Thats a great rack you got there

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:33 pm

mesaboogiewes wrote:ok so i think i figured out how most of project:glitch was created...

however...

i can't figure out how the HELL you automated that macro knob to switch the effects randomly like that...it just moves from effect to effect...AND the beat repeats just randomly switch...HOW? lol.

its in the clips automation lolking, check the clip envelopes in the clip itself, if you dont know how to its about time, and check the automation sign on the macro and the beat repeat macro

mesaboogiewes

Post by mesaboogiewes » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:51 am

Thomas wrote:
mesaboogiewes wrote:ok so i think i figured out how most of project:glitch was created...

however...

its in the clips automation lolking, check the clip envelopes in the clip itself, if you dont know how to its about time, and check the automation sign on the macro and the beat repeat macro
Thanks i found it.

Kimathim

Exzellente

Post by Kimathim » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:56 pm

Thank you so much for creating this rack, I just made a quick track that seems to hit home for me. Easy to load in.

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:46 pm

this rack and thread is way cool. thank you much! I also found LiveCut because of this thread and would way recommend it.
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:28 pm

I spotted this thread yesterday...
opened the rack, took all of the effects still in the same chain sequence into an audio effect rack, mapped the macros in "The Beat Repeats" and "The Effects" to the main audio effect rack macros 1 and 2 (#2 is titled USE THIS! - do it!), saved it as an audio effect rack on it's own, uploaded it, now posting here.

It works well, although I may move the beat repeat elsewhere in the chain for more effect, as it doesn't sound as potent where ti is right now in that chain.

Anyway, it is now an audio effect rack - throw it on the sends and rock that Macro #2.

Props to 3OT :)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vpwvgq

maxmin

Post by maxmin » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:43 pm

could anyone please post the original Glitch.als, which started this thread or provide a download link - the original link is broken and i can't find it elsewhere.
thanks!
Max Min | I make songs at http://www.hellomaxmin.com

chadwick5100

Post by chadwick5100 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:27 pm

did i miss it?

it says file not found when you go to the link?? :(