why BUY Live?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Macrostructure

Post by Macrostructure » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:21 am

this thread is, and perhaps always was, a disgrace. it should be deleted.

lunabass

Post by lunabass » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:42 am

Crash wrote:No
yes
Crash wrote:idea
ok
Crash wrote:what
huh?
Crash wrote:you
me?
Crash wrote:are
arse
Crash wrote:talking
too much
Crash wrote:about!?
around a bout
Crash wrote:Did
not
Crash wrote:we
gay
Crash wrote:even
bumpy
Crash wrote:ever
never
Crash wrote:have
not
Crash wrote:any
meaning
Crash wrote:kind
kinder
Crash wrote:of
ovary
Crash wrote:conversation
alist
Crash wrote:other
blah
Crash wrote:than
b
me?
Crash wrote:calling
more often
Crash wrote:me
always about you
Crash wrote:things?
what?
Crash wrote:Point
ouch
u again
Crash wrote:to
where
Crash wrote:where
huh?
Crash wrote:I
me me me
Crash wrote:was
what
Crash wrote:disrespectful
always
Crash wrote:towards
backwards
me?
Crash wrote:in
THIS
Crash wrote:a
is
Crash wrote:reasonable
really
hard
Crash wrote:and
to
do
Crash wrote:will
and
Crash wrote:gladly
takes
Crash wrote:apologize.
a lot of time and is really fucking boring
:: STAK ::
Music for Visual Media
www.staksounds.com
@staksounds

lunabass

Post by lunabass » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:43 am

lunabass wrote:
Crash wrote:No
yes
Crash wrote:idea
ok
Crash wrote:what
huh?
me?
Crash wrote:are
arse
Crash wrote:talking
too much
Crash wrote:about!?
around a bout
Crash wrote:Did
not
Crash wrote:we
gay
Crash wrote:even
bumpy
Crash wrote:ever
never
Crash wrote:have
not
Crash wrote:any
meaning
Crash wrote:kind
kinder
Crash wrote:of
ovary
alist
Crash wrote:other
blah
Crash wrote:than
b
me?
Crash wrote:calling
more often
always about you
Crash wrote:things?
what?
Crash wrote:Point
ouch
u again
Crash wrote:to
where
Crash wrote:where
huh?
me me me
Crash wrote:was
what
Crash wrote:disrespectful
always
Crash wrote:towards
backwards
me?
Crash wrote:in
THIS
Crash wrote:a
is
Crash wrote:reasonable
really
hard
Crash wrote:and
to
do
Crash wrote:will
and
Crash wrote:gladly
takes
Crash wrote:apologize.
a lot of time and is really fucking boring
Music for Visual Media
www.staksounds.com
@staksounds

Crash

Post by Crash » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:45 am

lunabass wrote:a lot of time and is really fucking boring
Yes, don't you think so, too?! It makes one wonder why everyone starts doing it over and over again. One should think that people learn from mistakes?! :roll:
HAL: I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you.

8O

Post by 8O » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:50 am

Crash wrote:One should think that people learn from mistakes?! :roll:
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?t=94590

lunabass

Post by lunabass » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:53 am

ah yes. one of the alltime classic ableton forum threads...
do yourself a favour if you've not read this one...champagne comedy
Music for Visual Media
www.staksounds.com
@staksounds

Crash

Post by Crash » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:59 am

Ah, yes that's the one where they offered to rape my little sister and posted all those puke and girls in tight clothes pics! Great one, but unfortunately Ableton "censored" the pics (but left the bit about my sister intact). A great example of where a simple "CU :arrow:" can lead to. Thanks for sharing! :roll:
HAL: I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you.

lunabass

Post by lunabass » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:12 pm

Crash wrote:A great example of where a simple "CU :arrow:" can lead to.
most people say "CU" then leave...this is why the thread is so funny
Music for Visual Media
www.staksounds.com
@staksounds

logic_user99

Post by logic_user99 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:21 pm

Quote of the year award goes to 'lunabass'.

Heh.
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |

Crash

Post by Crash » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:32 pm

lunabass wrote:
Oh, I did leave that part of the community exactly then. This here is just some visiting of places you are happy and lucky to have left behind in the past. Like visiting your old schoolground that you never liked. :roll:

I'm mostly only active in the other parts of this forum where the community is more to my liking. But sometimes if funny to visit to the old schoolyard bullies and watch them being stuck in their place.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:48 pm

andydes

Post by andydes » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:51 pm

Crash wrote:
lunabass wrote:
Oh, I did leave that part of the community exactly then. This here is just some visiting of places you are happy and lucky to have left behind in the past. Like visiting your old schoolground that you never liked. :roll:

I'm mostly only active in the other parts of this forum where the community is more to my liking. But sometimes if funny to visit to the old schoolyard bullies and watch them being stuck in their place.
Yet you've managed to get very negative replies from many people here who are pretty chilled and don't go round throwing insults at people. So I'm sorry to say, it is you actively winding them up, by endlessly repeating your woes with support.

We all heard it countless times, and while you might have had some sympathy about your problems at first, everyone's tired of it.

Why not let it go and move on? You'll feel better. I fear this way you're heading towards a complete breakdown (and I'm not talking about computers). Unless you really do enjoy antagonising people.

Crash

Post by Crash » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:00 pm

May I remind everyone that this is Chris J's original thread that reported about his problems with Ableton Support and his stance towards paying for software that does not deliver its promises. No one ever said this little innocent thread ought to turn into a crusade of the rightful against the evil antagonist. :twisted:

You chose the weapons, you chose the target, you chose to shot and now you're getting upset that you don't hit right. When you're hungry but the supermarket is closed try vegetables, plants don't move when you try to hunt them down. In the end you may be less fed up but more sated. :idea:

andydes

Post by andydes » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:25 pm

Crash wrote:May I remind everyone that this is Chris J's original thread that reported about his problems with Ableton Support and his stance towards paying for software that does not deliver its promises. No one ever said this little innocent thread ought to turn into a crusade of the rightful against the evil antagonist. :twisted:
Exactly, and now it's all about you. How did this happen? Because everyone's obsessed with insulting you?

As for the OP, he has a right to turn in his license and get a refund within 12 months of purchase (I believe). Not the right to use the software for free.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:23 pm

andydes wrote:
Crash wrote:May I remind everyone that this is Chris J's original thread that reported about his problems with Ableton Support and his stance towards paying for software that does not deliver its promises. No one ever said this little innocent thread ought to turn into a crusade of the rightful against the evil antagonist. :twisted:
Exactly, and now it's all about you. How did this happen? Because everyone's obsessed with insulting you?

As for the OP, he has a right to turn in his license and get a refund within 12 months of purchase (I believe). Not the right to use the software for free.
Not to mention of the 2 bugs he reported. One was user error and the other one got fixed for the next version.

There's really no point. This sad man thinks he's the protagonist. In reality he's a disturbed person with a twisted grasp on reality. Just look at all the conversations (or rather not.. Just look at a few). He bends context like no other. And he finds it flattering when this is pointed out. Internet Puberty for Goths.. Its a bitch..

I was close to contacting one of his band members to ask if he's for real. Because he may need serious help. But once you start looking into his band, you'll realize this whole thing is a setup.

http://blog.scherbenreich.de/?p=107

Basically their mission statement is a band thats all about Schadenfreude. Actively taking enjoyment of the failures of others. No wonder they only managed to get 4 songs. With Timur "playing the Ableton Bug Reports" as it literally says on his artist page.

His goal is exactly what is happening. This state of mild chaos he created is all just a rather clever setup.

Nice show from Timur. No need to ban him. Banning has the opposite effect anyway. Cut off a limb and 2 more will grow..
What can be done is simply keeping him exposed. Once everybody realizes that this whole thing has NOTHING to do with his bug reports, it all blow over.
Ignoring him won't work in this case, since he's dodging every point and insult.
Reminds me of Gods Pottery (.com). Look holy, entertain the crowd and eventually get beaten because he's a one trick pony.

Here's where it gets fun. Since I said this has nothing to do with his bugs. He'll either ignore this post. Or twist the whole context in a way that made it look like he's interpreting my post as a statement that he is making this shit up.
He's not. Some bugs are valid. Others are figments of his imagination.
If you take it from him, he's the most proficient software tester this world has ever seen.. Its all part of the act.

Lets do a comparison. Find out how many posts of him that can be found. For example. Of Crash's 791 posts, you'll find 791 matches. Of Timur's 2200 posts, you'll find 2200 posts.
In my case, of the 10300 posts.. About 9400 can be found. Which means about 900 posts of mine got deleted. Where did they go?
The Live 4, 5 and 6 public beta forums are long gone now.. Along with my 900 posts in a section that only housed bug reports.

Now here's the point of the comparison.. He's talking about a part of the community ganging up on him. He's right. Though we got a different definition of which part of the community that is.
Lets look.. Poster, Tone Deft, Machinate, Yours truly, Ableton Support Staff, Angstrom, Noisetonepause and many more..
This little group along makes up for about 10 000 deleted posts in topics that were all about Live Bugs. If you count up the time we spent testing Live collectively, you end up with a number that spans YEARS.

My argument here is: While he did find a few bugs, they're just an excuse to spread the type of anarchy he and his band member indulge in.
He doesn't know what he is talking about when he gets all technical. I dare anybody besides himself to condense his most technical post into something a regular Live user can understand. Because that is the essence of bug reporting.
The Ableton Support Staff ARE Live users.

Damn.. This is a Timur-sized post :lol:
Our own little Aston Kutcher.. You just got Goth'd!