Keyboard dead while using Copy or Paste with large tracks

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Crash

Keyboard dead while using Copy or Paste with large tracks

Post by Crash » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:23 pm

While Live is busy with Copy or Paste operation of memory intensive tracks (try Kontakt with "Concert Grand" for example) the keyboard controls don't work inside Live anymore until some time after the operation is completed. That means you cannot use cursor-keys, del, space and neither ctrl-v (Paste on Windows).

The mouse on the other hand is still perfectly useable, including chosing Paste operations while the keys are still disabled (that is why I wrote "some time after").

I reported problems with that as early as last January but obviously no one at Ableton took a closer look at it since then. Once you know about the problem you can workaround it, but it can be very confusing in times when you try to work fast.
HAL: I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you.

mobiledjs

Post by mobiledjs » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:17 pm

I experienced a problem where my keyboard would stop working completely. The only way to get it working again was to close Live and re-open it again. I am pretty sure I was using either Kontakt or Massive.