Rob Papen Albino Automation

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Daeronb

Rob Papen Albino Automation

Post by Daeronb » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:07 pm

hi guys!
So i just got albino and i love it! However i seem to have run into a problem...
I wanted to automate one of the effect parameters so i pressed the record button in ableton and changed the knob setting ( with my mouse), however when i stopped and played back i noticed that no automation had taken place :(
i then unfolded the device parameters in ableton for the albino and tried to search for the effect knob i wanted to automate but i couldnt find it anywhere!! :(:( it seems to me that not al the parameters in albino are automatable, atleast not in ableton...
is this something i have to live with, am i doing something wrong, overlooking something?

for reference, this is a screenshot of albino with the knob i wanted to automate: http://hyves.nl/index.php?l1=ut&l2=phot ... ecret=lSH6

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:22 pm

Is it perhaps the 129th parameter?
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

Daeronb

Post by Daeronb » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:41 pm

in the device parameter window in ableton you mean?

the thing is, if the knob were linked to a parameter in the device parameter window, and i would move the knob while i was recording it would automate automatically... on top of that, i've looked down the whole device parameter window but when i move the knob i do not see a parameter slider move anywhere in the device parameter window.

jeskola

Post by jeskola » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:52 pm

This does my head in.
You also cant automate the EQ in Massive.

Is there a work around for this?

the dark wizard

Post by the dark wizard » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:53 pm

I suppose the work around could be recording it to an audio track as you move it in real time?? 8)

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:03 pm

Or get something such as Kore that allows you to choose which parameter IDs are presented to Live...

ew

Daeronb

Post by Daeronb » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:15 pm

Ok bummer :(
Guess i'll have to go with the recording to audio then..
Tnx for the help! :)

Daeronb

Post by Daeronb » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:17 pm

Oh oine more question concerning this is an ableton limitation...
Does anyone know if this is something that will be fixed?

Tweaking Knobs

Post by Tweaking Knobs » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:12 pm

this really sucks !!!

who had the wonderfull idea to have this 128 limit ?

they should fire him.

pip

Mappingz

Post by pip » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:33 pm

You CAN automate the EQ in Massive by mapping it to a CC and sending it that corresponding CC value from an envelope in a midi clip.

I'd love to tell you if this is possible in Albino3, but I don't own it, and they seem to only let registered owners get the manual. Look up to see if there's a midi implementation chart, or if it lets you map CC's to arbitrary parameters.

Good luck!
--PiP

fragmentated

Re: Mappingz

Post by fragmentated » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:21 pm

pip wrote:You CAN automate the EQ in Massive by mapping it to a CC and sending it that corresponding CC value from an envelope in a midi clip.

I'd love to tell you if this is possible in Albino3, but I don't own it, and they seem to only let registered owners get the manual. Look up to see if there's a midi implementation chart, or if it lets you map CC's to arbitrary parameters.

Good luck!
--PiP
Same for Albino. Just assign the midi CC (midi learn) to the parameters you want to automate with a controller and either draw or record the envelopes into the clip.

Da hand

Post by Da hand » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:09 pm

Like Fragmented said, it is extremely simple to automate any parameter in Ableton with CC envelopes. Just press MIDI learn in Albino, move the knob you want to automate, change the clip envelope in Live you want to assign the knob to, and voila!

The 128 parameter limit is only a limit on the parameters that are automatically assigned in Live. You can easily assign any other parameters (that are not already assigned) for any synth with MIDI learn.

Snurker

Post by Snurker » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:22 pm

Sounds very much like the problem I had with Rapture a while ago. Fragmantated helped me out - check out the thread "controlling Rapture in Live"