I give up

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
cmreal04

I give up

Post by cmreal04 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:04 am

Don't get me wrong I like the holiday's, but what the hell ! I can't work on any music. My girl has already made plans on my behalf, or I'm putting in extra time at the job or....... is this every body or just me ? anyone else finding time.

CM

jeffplaysmoog

Post by jeffplaysmoog » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:25 am

Yeah, I have been commissioned to write a song for my friends fashion show so I've got to find the time. I'm 25, single and the family has become fragmented so I guess it is much easier than it used to be. I've gotten it down to 10-5 on Christmas day and it's a wrap.

Beatworld

Post by Beatworld » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:39 am

I'll take the holidays any day

http://www.myspace.com/beatworldperth

3.06Ghz 24" iMac 10.5.7 4Gb:Apogee Duet:Logic Studio 8.02:Live Lite 7:Waves 6:Axiom 49 > museum 1.4GHz G4: 2408 MkII:Poco PCI:Live 5.2:SX3.1.1:Peak 5.2 : BFD2.1

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:46 am

This is an issue all year long for me. My girl is pretty good about respecting my need to make music a couple nights a week though. Do you communicate that with her?

gjm

Post by gjm » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:37 am

I've got 8 weeks off starting this Thursday. :D

However, a 'Honey Do' list has just appeared on the fridge :(
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:49 am

I've got it the other way 'round; too much space and I should be paying more attention to her and her needs, for sure - esp. with the holidays coming up!

Homebelly

Post by Homebelly » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:12 am

Three weeks off for me, if any one come if round i'm gonna turn off all the lights and hide under the bed till they leave.
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

cmreal04

Post by cmreal04 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:26 am

Hidden Driveways wrote:This is an issue all year long for me. My girl is pretty good about respecting my need to make music a couple nights a week though. Do you communicate that with her?

I guess I haven't, something we'll talk about after the holidays, can't blame her for something that I haven't communicated clearly.

CM

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:33 am

Courtesy of Hidden Driveways Marriage Counselling Services Ltd.

That'll be $350.59 please.

Nah, I feel ya. I have three kids though so i do have to let them have some time. I do enjoy that so it's cool.

Planning is the key, i was off Thurs/Fri and did all my things yesterday so today, is all mine in the studio. Mwahhh hahhh hahh.

I communicated this early and was issued with the required paperwork, signed and authorised by mission control.

Generally though I have to say i am becoming better at producing via lappie and headphones...on the train.

LeifonMars

Post by LeifonMars » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:01 am

Night and no sleep is my friend. I go to bed (we all sleep in a giant bed) with my wife and our 3-year-old son, read the necessary fairytale, wait until he falls asleep and get up with my wife and have sex, then I'm free to go. Astanga yoga gives me energy, and green tea keeps awake. 4-5 hours sleep per night is sufficient. This is the way it goes around no matter if it's season or not.

bosonHavoc

Post by bosonHavoc » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:58 am

i start my day with coffee and a beat or bass or lead or something
every day

soon i'll have to spend 5 days 1000 miles away from my computer, bass, drum pads, guitar, synths... aaaaaaa what am i going to do omg lol
i need an mpc 500 or something for just such an emergancy.

Mr Man

Post by Mr Man » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:10 pm

LeifonMars wrote:Night and no sleep is my friend. I go to bed (we all sleep in a giant bed) with my wife and our 3-year-old son, read the necessary fairytale, wait until he falls asleep and get up with my wife and have sex, then I'm free to go. Astanga yoga gives me energy, and green tea keeps awake. 4-5 hours sleep per night is sufficient. This is the way it goes around no matter if it's season or not.
bet he's just lay there fully awake too.

kpa

Post by kpa » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:23 pm

Mr Man wrote:
LeifonMars wrote:Night and no sleep is my friend. I go to bed (we all sleep in a giant bed) with my wife and our 3-year-old son, read the necessary fairytale, wait until he falls asleep and get up with my wife and have sex, then I'm free to go. Astanga yoga gives me energy, and green tea keeps awake. 4-5 hours sleep per night is sufficient. This is the way it goes around no matter if it's season or not.
that is just wrong. :cry:
Cryptomnesian - the recall of memories not recognised as such, but thought to be original ideas.
www.Cryptomnesian.com
www.myspace.com/thekpa
www.myspace.com/thebodesapha

Mr Man

Post by Mr Man » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:21 pm

kpa wrote:
Mr Man wrote:
that is just wrong. :cry:
what i say or what they do?

reminds me of my nutty american neighbour who one night while drunk revealed to our family that her husband pumps her with their 2 dogs on the same bed watching... every time we meet, she does the talking while he goes from white to red faced

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:28 pm

LeifonMars wrote:Night and no sleep is my friend.
Same here.

I put my kids to bed, spend an hour or two with my wife until she falls asleep in front of the TV, then do about 2 - 4 hours work on whatever music I'm working on. Then I wake her up and we go to bed. I get about 5 hours sleep a night tops.
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com