only had an iphone for 24 hours and my wrist already hurts

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Johnisfaster

only had an iphone for 24 hours and my wrist already hurts

Post by Johnisfaster » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:45 am

how awesome is that? had it for a day and my wrist is killing me from typing away on it. I'm ashamed of myself.

I've also managed to spend about $15 on apps that only half of which are worth entertaining myself with. why isn't there a demo of any of the downloadable apps?

idrum is cool. would be cooler if you could use your own samples.. can you? probably not..
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

liveISlife

Post by liveISlife » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:49 am

Yeah that happened to me when I first got the sidekick. The pain should go away but we might be due for an early onset of arthritis. :cry:

jonny72

Post by jonny72 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:32 am

A lot of apps have lite versions so you can try before you buy. Otherwise you're limited to the reviews in iTunes or other websites - there are a lot of reviews about so its worth Googling first to see what people think.

Depends on how much they are as well. I don't get too upset if I buy something for £1 to £2 and it turns out to be a crock of shit - its not exactly mega bucks.

brightonalex

Post by brightonalex » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:37 am

Its like the 1980s all over again. I spent £1 yesterday on a game called "mouse house" because it had 5 star reviews.

It turns out you just guide a mouse around a maze to eat some cheese. Its just different from the first computer games ever invented because you touch the screen instead of using a joystick.

The only useful application I've got is "TV Plus". You can tape stuff on your Sky box from wherever you are, so you never accidentally miss the Antiques Roadshow. Or, if you are American - Degrassi Junior High.

t1mp

Post by t1mp » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:26 pm

GET BEATMAKER!

earsmack

Post by earsmack » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:33 pm

YouTube is your app demo if there is not a lite version. There are tons of videos of the apps on YouTube.
check out chipPad for iPad @ http://earsmack.com

beats me

Re: only had an iphone for 24 hours and my wrist already hurts

Post by beats me » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:48 pm

Johnisfaster wrote:idrum is cool. would be cooler if you could use your own samples.. can you? probably not..
If you have the desktop app/plug-in version you can freely transfer between the 2. It's the most useful app to date. You can make a beat at work or on the toilet or something and then import the pattern and samples into your computer and then open the idrum plug-in in your computer and use it in a song and do more editing and you can also transfer the other way around. Pretty sweet.

Atomikat

Re: only had an iphone for 24 hours and my wrist already hurts

Post by Atomikat » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:04 pm

Johnisfaster wrote:how awesome is that? had it for a day and my wrist is killing me from typing away on it. I'm ashamed of myself.

I've also managed to spend about $15 on apps that only half of which are worth entertaining myself with. why isn't there a demo of any of the downloadable apps?

idrum is cool. would be cooler if you could use your own samples.. can you? probably not..
If you don't wanna have more pain...sell your iphone to me... :wink: I'm looking to replace mine that was stolen 4 months ago and they are very expensive here where I live now. :D

grimleyj

Post by grimleyj » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:24 pm

Get BeatMaker ... then hit the gym and start working on those girly wrists ;D

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:32 pm

I'm gonna get my first bluetooth headset soon. All this holding a radio transmitter up against my skull has gotten me a bit freaked out about the real possibility of brain cancer from this device that annoys me every day. At least with a headset the signal is not as strong, but I really don't like them other than that. Fucking consumerism!

Let's see, by using a cell phone I am 1) paying 4x as much as I would for a landline, 2) exposing myself to the risk of brain cancer, 3) reachable at all hours of the day and expected to respond, 4) locked into a cycle of having to buy yet another product every year or two because of the built in obsolescence of consumer electronics. All for the "convenience" of being able to make a call anywhere, anytime (see #3). WTF.

liveISlife

Post by liveISlife » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:36 pm

ethios4 wrote:I'm gonna get my first bluetooth headset soon. All this holding a radio transmitter up against my skull has gotten me a bit freaked out about the real possibility of brain cancer from this device that annoys me every day. At least with a headset the signal is not as strong, but I really don't like them other than that. Fucking consumerism!
Yeah bro, get a headset. Screw bluetooth, I'd just get a wired one.
ethios4 wrote:Let's see, by using a cell phone I am 1) paying 4x as much as I would for a landline, 2) exposing myself to the risk of brain cancer, 3) reachable at all hours of the day and expected to respond, 4) locked into a cycle of having to buy yet another product every year or two because of the built in obsolescence of consumer electronics. All for the "convenience" of being able to make a call anywhere, anytime (see #3). WTF.
Isn't it fun being a good modern consumer slave?

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:47 pm

My iLife is killing me...

4ace

Post by 4ace » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:36 am

ethios4 wrote: Let's see, by using a cell phone I am 1) paying 4x as much as I would for a landline, 2) exposing myself to the risk of brain cancer, 3) reachable at all hours of the day and expected to respond, 4) locked into a cycle of having to buy yet another product every year or two because of the built in obsolescence of consumer electronics. All for the "convenience" of being able to make a call anywhere, anytime (see #3). WTF.

I'm barely 30 and i was talking/griping about this not that long ago. And now that it's expected that you have one if you don't people are not only baffled they are offended!

Oh the early 90's were the days... :roll:
MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz 2Gb
OS X.5.7 | MOTU Ultralite | Live 8 | Ableton Drum Machine's | Addictive Drums | Conectiv+ Torq | Ms. Pinky | AudioDamage

bigbadotis

Post by bigbadotis » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:56 am

I finally caved in and got a cell phone in July after enduring years of harassment by friends and family. And on more than one occasion, genuine wrath. I think it's sort of like being a vegetarian; a lot of people assume that your lifestyle decision is an attack on their lifestyle decisions and can't just live and let live.

On the plus side of having the phone, I wrote an iPhone app and now it's paying my rent.

liveISlife

Post by liveISlife » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:27 am

bigbadotis wrote: live and let live.
:) I love this saying. I wish everyone lived by this.
bigbadotis wrote:On the plus side of having the phone, I wrote an iPhone app and now it's paying my rent.
O NICE! THATS WUT SUP BRO!