not enough utilites, too many unessecary additions...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
twisted-space

Post by twisted-space » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:53 pm

Khazul wrote:
Drum racks - again great idea, but crippling to use if you use CPU heavy non-ableton pluggins - try sticking 8 instances of stylus RMX in a drum rack and watch your PC/mac just die under the load. So end the end, Ive never used drum racks either.
Have you tried 1 instance of stylus rmx and 7 external instrument plugins in a drum rack routed to the extra stylus input/outputs?
You can do the same thing with instrument racks
Wish D16 drumazon and nepheton worked like this!
Edit:
Should have read the whole thread, I'd have noticed someone else already pointed this out. :oops:

Zky

Post by Zky » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:32 pm

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

FIX THE MIDI CLOCK SYNC ISSUE!

can't believe so many add's,,bug fixes etc..

and still ableton can't run with midi hardware in perfect sync,,either as master or slave..

with all the good things around this amazing software..isn't supposed to be mainly a LIVE TOOL?,,what's the point if u cant run a drum machine or, for example,a synth like prophet 8 with its own internal sequencer in perfect sync so we can bring this to the stage???

ableton works fine (mostly) if u dont move outside your laptop

but when is time to live performance,,it si really hard to realize that ableton STILL have midi issues after 7 YEARS

i do understand that ableton do not intend to replace or emulate daw's like logic or cubase

i do understand that ableton is a unique platform for music/sound design creation..and that why i use it and love it

but i don not understand why, as a "live perfomance instrument tool" you still can't get decent midi sync with external hardware

ableton would get so much more "resources" if they could fix this midi thing..

and here i guess i speak for a lot of users

please guys,,fix the midi issue for next ableton 8

cmreal04

Post by cmreal04 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:36 pm

Ha ! point taken, I was just saying Live has a lot of features that others should envy and that you simply can't compare apples and oranges with totally different approaches to workflow. Not to say your view was invalid,just a little harsh.

CM

dom

Post by dom » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:37 pm

Hi Zky,

not exactly the right thread for this ;-)

If you experience midi clock problems, please make use of the bugs&problems area or send us a support request to support@ableton.com - as i can't find a single request from your email address i'm not sure what kind of problem you're referring to.

Cheers,
Dom
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

Atomikat

Post by Atomikat » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:51 pm

Live works in perfect sync (as a master) with all my hardware (2 electribes,a kaosspad,a DSI Evolver and a Micron) through a RME Multiface (midi) for hours during my Live shows... :wink:

photonal

Post by photonal » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:35 pm

Robert Henke wrote:And, as you know we give Student discounts, we have a quite liberal unlock policy, we support universites, music schools, etc...

Robert
can we also have a Hartz IV discount please for musicians living in Berlin (more specifically: Fhain)

Thanks in advance :)

P.S. I'd like to apply for the support job, English native speaker here, live user since version 4, living not too far from the Ableton HQ.

aleme

Post by aleme » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:44 pm

photonal wrote:
can we also have a Hartz IV discount please for musicians living in Berlin (more specifically: Fhain)

Thanks in advance :)

P.S. I'd like to apply for the support job, English native speaker here, live user since version 4, living not too far from the Ableton HQ.
muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

thats´s signature "verdächtig" ....

------------------------

hey throwaway, i will not BUMP this again. thanks for your life guidance. its much appreciated. if i consider your tips, maybe i will be a better person then. thanks for the enlightenment & for the free advice. see ya in wonderland.
Last edited by aleme on Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:05 pm, edited 9 times in total.

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:15 pm

aleme your posts lead me to believe yove never ran a successful business before. If you think those jobs are unnecessary expenditures, do your family a favor and stay an employee of someone else's for the rest of their lives. How much cash flow do you think that would generate? compared to the loss of productivity of the rest of the company it would be a drop in the bucket and is totally unrealistic...fantasy land.