worst xmas ever

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
john gordon

worst xmas ever

Post by john gordon » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:20 am

took my 2004 landrover to the shop cause it was overheating only to find out that the headgasket was cracked along with a few other things.they are telling 5 or 6 thousand dollars to repair it.it only has 48,000 miles on it and i still owe almost 20,000 bucks.im calling my bank monday and telling them im sorry,but i am not paying another penny and for them to pick it up.i know this will ruin my credit,but fuck it im filing for bankruptcy.no other choice really....20,000 dollars in credit cards can fuck off as well.fuck it all.going to buy a scooter on one of my credit cards before i file though. :wink: merry fucking xmas.

adhmzaiusz

Post by adhmzaiusz » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:10 am

wow sorry to hear that... i didnt know head gaskets got that expensive... and furthermore, i thought they last at least until 150k not 40k! :?
well, i hope you still manage to have somewhat of a decent christmas otherwise
:cry:

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:11 am

Sorry to hear that man. Dunno if I would just ditch your credit etc. Why not just fix the dammed thing? 6 grand for a vehicle with 48K on it VS 7 years bad credit.

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:16 am

file immediately, its only going to get worse if you dont.

Michael Hatsis

Post by Michael Hatsis » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:45 am

Mo money - Mo problems...

...sorry to hear though...

Landser

Post by Landser » Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:48 am

What do they expect? Driving with cars they don't own, living in houses they don't own, but then they are surprised, if something needs repair or if they have to pay the bills one day?

No sympathy with such "modern" ppl.

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:17 am

. (sorry, wrong thread)

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:11 pm

Landser wrote:What do they expect? Driving with cars they don't own, living in houses they don't own, but then they are surprised, if something needs repair or if they have to pay the bills one day?

Ditto.

Foolish and irresponsible use of credit and living beyond one's means are two reasons we're in the mess we're in. The government crackdown on easy bankruptcy will 'help' people to be responsible for their actions.

Want something? Buy it.

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:25 pm

hambone1 wrote:
Landser wrote:What do they expect? Driving with cars they don't own, living in houses they don't own, but then they are surprised, if something needs repair or if they have to pay the bills one day?

Ditto.

Foolish and irresponsible use of credit is one reason we're in the mess we're in. The government crackdown on easy bankruptcy will 'help' people to be responsible for their actions.

Want something? Buy it.
true, this poor guy is even thinking about buying a scooter before he files for bankruptcy . Is it my imagination or doesn't every thing you own get liquidated to pay off your debts.? if not then i can see why people are so insane with credit. The best advise i can give anyone right now is get out of debt as fast as possible otherwise your going to wake up homeless and penniless in a world that is just waiting to frack you up the anus. if you are paying off a mortgage, sell up and buy a yurt or a caravan.

Geebag

Post by Geebag » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:33 pm

A few tips from someone who knows and has come through the other end.

I was in the same boat on a much larger scale (194k) and I got through it. Talk to them and ask to them to deduce payments for a while. They will take the car unless you bought it on credit card and you will be fucked and lose everything. You would be much better off selling it to a garage and paying up.

Ask them for help a few times for help even if they say no it will help you greatly if it goes to court.

Also ask them for a copy of your contracts for your loan. If they don't have them or if they are not signed or there is a dodgy clause in it you can get the debt wiped. This happens in 15% of all loan cases that go to court.

If you go the other route you wont ever even get a TV on hire purchase. It will be a nightmare.

cheers and happy crimbo. Its only money fuck it. You have you health (I hope)

blaugruen7

Post by blaugruen7 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:34 pm

i would send bush a letter to get 1 billion $ from him.
its only paper and coins.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:25 pm

A forum full of musicians and DJs who think we live in a world where you pay for your house and vehicles with cash up front in total. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:47 pm

Bushs new bankruptcy law will still require you to pay it back. Look for a brand new or rebuilt crate engine it will probably be cheaper. My daily drivers engine brand new only cost 1900 dollars. Americas problems are a conglameration of mistakes not just credit ones.

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:07 pm

uh.. how about buying a book that tells you how to fix the head gasket on your landrover?
buy a used head gasket and buy some tools.
its not as hard to fix as you may think i have done this with my mitsubishi eclipse. you will just end up with parts every where for about a month, unless your not lazy.
when i started to work on mine i just looked at it like i was fixing an old dirty computer. its the same concept, the engine is the mother board and all the little parts are the memory and cpu in the mother board.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

exper

Post by exper » Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:00 pm

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/searc ... nd%20Rover

Am I missing something? That must be one heck of a labor charge!!