So what did you get?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
the_woof

Post by the_woof » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:58 pm

So far it's just lots of money from relatives. By tomorrow (hopefully) it will be Sylenth1 (although I might just save for Reaktor which seems like more fun) and an Electribe MX!! I would've bought it sooner but my parents have promised to pay something like half of it once I finish my college apps (which will be tomorrow if all goes well). So that's a pretty neat christmas gift too.
djsynchro wrote:For a female vocal try companding a mid-side encoded signal with a ratio of around 18:2 at around 2.5k, possibly a lower ratio if the source is very sibilant.
my music

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:01 pm

from others, the usual. Shirts, underwear, a watch, more shirts. Funny story about the shirts, I was regifted a shirt that I had given my dad a few months back for his birthday. :lol:

anyways I bought myself Traktor Scratch Pro and a used Casio CZ-101

cmreal04

Post by cmreal04 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:00 am

Well I decided to finally put my 95 buick to rest, Merry Christmas to me ! I bought a new car. Pretty upscale from what I'm used to, so I bought one of those girl bobble heads with the grass skirts and stuck it to the dash :lol:

I also got an mpd 24 which I asked for. I just couldn't get used to the pads on the mpk49 after selling mine.

CM

rbro

Post by rbro » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:01 am

Got a pair of KRK RP8s. I'm loving them so far, especially compared to my old blown computer speakers!

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:11 am

A 500gig Seagate SATA.

A rugged key-chainable thumbdrive (finally, never gotten around to getting one for myself)

Some cash to put towards a ram replacement.

A cap and a t shirt.

Happy kids - best gift, for sure.

(still might treat myself to a few modules for my modular... but I'll have to see how the bills are looking for January... hehe.)
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

Atomikat

Post by Atomikat » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:21 am

I gave myself an ipod nano...then I got socks,underwear,a stand for my macbook pro from my family...
And at the end of the night...my girlfriend gave me ...an ex girlfriend...!!! sh*t she ended the relationship... :cry: that's the worst christmas present ever... 8O

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:49 am

Atomikat wrote:I gave myself an ipod nano...then I got socks,underwear,a stand for my macbook pro from my family...
And at the end of the night...my girlfriend gave me ...an ex girlfriend...!!! sh*t she ended the relationship... :cry: that's the worst christmas present ever... 8O
Tell me you didn't get her a shitty gift...
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:55 am

that worse christmas present ever might turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to you. You dodged a bullet ... and now you can spend your time on money on music and plugins and gadgets instead - sex with other people is really overrated anyway :lol:
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

aizo

Post by aizo » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:45 am

leedsquietman wrote:that worse christmas present ever might turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to you. You dodged a bullet ... and now you can spend your time on money on music and plugins and gadgets instead - sex with other people is really overrated anyway :lol:
unless it's new other people and look sexier than the usual people you sex up..
ImageImage

jeskola

Post by jeskola » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:49 am

Atomikat wrote:I gave myself an ipod nano...then I got socks,underwear,a stand for my macbook pro from my family...
On Christmas day.
What a witch!

You must have done something really bad :lol:

Stace

Post by Stace » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:10 am

logic_user99 wrote: Oh, I also got engaged on Christmas eve! We're very happy, thanks for asking :oops: :D
Congrats logic_user99 on the engagement.

:D
"Never increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything" --- William of Ockham (1285-1349)

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:35 am

from others:

a new comfy as fuck office chair for the studio
a t.v. (already took it back and got the cash) I fucking hate t.v.!!
a vacuum cleaner

presents to myself:
a new pair of running shorts and a new running singlet
a new pair of running shoes
a polar heart rate monitor (for training)

surprisingly all of these things will help my audio far more than the addition of any extra gear.

logic_user99

Post by logic_user99 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:03 am

aizo wrote: Image

i can't wait!
Somebody likes Danny Carey...!!! Nice kit, dude. There's three too many toms and too much kick going on there for me (I'm a funky 4pc man).

Still VERY tasty though.

@brightonalex & Stace - cheers, both! 8)
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |

aizo

Post by aizo » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:51 pm

logic_user99 wrote:Somebody likes Danny Carey...!!! Nice kit, dude. There's three too many toms and too much kick going on there for me (I'm a funky 4pc man).

Still VERY tasty though.
I'm more of an akira jimbo fan but when I was back in highschool i loved Aenima. I tried the ride up like that and haven't went back since. that was 11 years ago maybe?

I'm trying to find an 8" to go where the picolo is and get a black popcorn snare. It might be too big for some gigs but I mix a few styles together that need this monster.
thrash + DNB + melodic traditional Japanese minyou stuff.
ImageImage

aburgener

Post by aburgener » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:09 pm

i got a vyper m2 laptop sleeve for the macbook and some akg 271s

girlfriend got me a "the dude abides" t-shirt (nice), a little glass jar to put... stuff... in, some stuff for the house, etc.

good christmas overall :)