Why Eric Prydz... Why!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
heavensdaw

Post by heavensdaw » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:58 am

dcease wrote:
funky shit wrote:It is very serious.
seriously lame. he knew he was scared of planes before hand. shoulda been on a boat a week ago :roll:

:
Yep.. He shouldn't have booked the tour, and let a lot of people down.. We have a responsibility to honor the shows we're booked to play.. No?

He should stay in his comfort zone and keep away from global commitments in the future, or sot it out..

Superscared DJ's don't do travel..

Hd

googoo

Post by googoo » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:36 pm

ekwipt

Post by ekwipt » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:45 pm

Ahh well the club gig after summerdayze is going to be huge, even without prydz...
huntemann, carl Craig and radio slave. Huge! :D

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:09 pm

Is this for real?

Respect to Pyrdz. Big Respect!

But why would his management company print something like this?

I smell spoof. Come on this isn't exactly a positive for his career. Making him sound neurotic.

Something is not right...
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:08 pm

Maybe look at it as saving some loot. IMO NYE is the worst night of the year to go out, double priced everything surrounded by twice the assholes and bitches.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:24 pm

beats me wrote:Maybe look at it as saving some loot. IMO NYE is the worst night of the year to go out, double priced everything surrounded by twice the assholes and bitches.

i spent $260 on tickets for me and my wife... they didnt get refunded either.

weeddigger

Post by weeddigger » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:27 pm

Jesus, I think it's time to start crucifictions!!!
If you can imagine it, it can happen...

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:42 pm

sweetjesus wrote:
beats me wrote:Maybe look at it as saving some loot. IMO NYE is the worst night of the year to go out, double priced everything surrounded by twice the assholes and bitches.

Yeah that is fucked up, but surely they'll come up with a plan of hopefully rescheduling or getting your money back and maybe at this last minute notice they haven't gotten that far in the process.

It can't be legal to take people's money for an event that doesn't happen, unless they try to do something even more fucked up by booking Carrot Top in his place or something. Nah, I wouldn't think that would be legal either.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:58 pm

beats me wrote:
sweetjesus wrote:

Yeah that is fucked up, but surely they'll come up with a plan of hopefully rescheduling or getting your money back and maybe at this last minute notice they haven't gotten that far in the process.

It can't be legal to take people's money for an event that doesn't happen, unless they try to do something even more fucked up by booking Carrot Top in his place or something. Nah, I wouldn't think that would be legal either.
they put some 4rd rate dude called Boyz Noise in his place.

still got to see underworld at the event, but i was realli going for Prydz.. being my production idol and all that.

dreams shattered, hearts broken..

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:03 pm

Boys noize is cool.
Seen him in the summer also.

SimonPHC

Post by SimonPHC » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:30 pm

Fear of flying is a serious and very irrational phenomenon.
It makes people sing about it in horrible ways.
So horrible that, thanks to Eric, this is now stuck in my head!
Thanks as**ole
Mr. Play It Safe was afraid to fly
He packed his suitcase and kissed his kids goodbye
He waited his whole damn life to take that flight
And as the plane crashed down he thought
"Well isn't this nice..."

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:33 pm

Tarekith wrote:What kind of international DJ is afraid of flying?
Ditto!

Think about dj's like Dan and Carl Cox and Donald who fly almost (at least) 3 to 4 times a week...wtf!

He's a great producer but if he's afraid of flying he should give up the djing and stick with producing in his basement

Awesome producer, kind of a pussy when it comes to one of the safest forms of transportation around though

Xanax, Valium anyone?

I hope the Management company reimbursed the promoters for their deposits, flyers, and man hours they put into promoting the show

weak
Ableton | Elektron

Music

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:55 pm

Boys Noize is like the thinking man's Justice.

Only on this level could they get away with something like this. If you bought tickets to Madonna they couldn't get away with a last minute replacement of Tina Turner, but if it's more of a festival type show with many big name acts then they can probably get away with a replacement or two and the fans of the replaced artist will just have to suck it up.

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:56 pm

Are some of you taking the piss or are you just complete assholes?
The man tried to get on the plane twice. He had a panic attack.
The fear could be anything. Fear of crashing. Fear of not being in controll.

I know some people who hate being stuck at traffic lights and afriad of elevators.

I myself sometimes get edgy goin up escaltors. I think thats a fear of heights though.

But to say somebody should just give up djing and stick with producing because of their fear is just being a dick

:?

And its not as if he does this all the time. Im not getting at the OP. Of course he should be pissed. And the amount of money he paid should have been refunded. But no need for the amount of shittyness in this thread.

mkelly

Post by mkelly » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:08 pm

funky shit wrote:But to say somebody should just give up djing and stick with producing because of their fear is just being a dick

:?
But it's true. If he is being booked into festivals on the other side of the planet as part of his DJing career, but pulls out due to a fear of flying (or anything that prevents him from getting on that plane) then maybe he's not cut out for it. He could just stick to DJing locally.

Sometimes you gotta accept your limitations. I'm not a world class DJ because I'm shit at DJing. I know my limitations and accept them. That said, I do seem to continue trying to produce - dunno what that's about. ;-)
Live 7, Logic Studio 8, Mac Pro 8-core/2.26/6GB, OS X 10.5.6, Saffire Pro 40, Alesis M1 Active 520s, Remote SL 37, Virus TI Snow, Nord Rack 2, Zebra 2, Sylenth1