NAMM 2009 - Live 8 ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
blaugruen7

Post by blaugruen7 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:06 pm

Tarekith wrote:Maybe beta testing isn't being done quite so publicly this time. 8O
you know something?
speak freely, my friend.

i think its obvious like hell that they make an announcement.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:17 pm

Tarekith wrote:Maybe beta testing isn't being done quite so publicly this time. 8O
I know they are already at least in alpha testing but if they are in some kind of secret beta testing possibly made from a list of invited people who haven't used the word cock on this forum then I expect Live 8 to be buggy as hell well into early 2010.

At the same time this would probably cut way back on the bug reporting from the average moron who just doesn't know what they are doing and it isn't a bug. It's also possible that they compiled some data from the past that shows how many people got a beta copy but didn't really participate in serious bug testing or reporting, just excited to have a "preivew" version of the next release. My name should be on that list if it exists.

It should also be mentioned that a lot of the long time chatty cathy power users on here have been exceptionally quite lately.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:22 pm

It was that Timur wasn't it?! He single handedly shut down the public betas! lets get him!
Professional Shark Jumper.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:42 pm

I would expect the betas to be handled exactly the same as they have been every year .. but later.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:44 pm

beats me wrote:
I know they are already at least in alpha testing but if they are in some kind of secret beta testing possibly made from a list of invited people who haven't used the word cock on this forum then I expect Live 8 to be buggy as hell well into early 2010.

At the same time this would probably cut way back on the bug reporting from the average moron who just doesn't know what they are doing and it isn't a bug. It's also possible that they compiled some data from the past that shows how many people got a beta copy but didn't really participate in serious bug testing or reporting, just excited to have a "preivew" version of the next release. My name should be on that list if it exists.

It should also be mentioned that a lot of the long time chatty cathy power users on here have been exceptionally quite lately.
how many releases have you seen? the L7 release was the most buggy I've even seen (been a user since ver 3.) history has shown that the odd numbered releases are the ones with the new features, the even numbers are tightened up versions of the odd numbers. of course it's all speculation.

if yours is buggy it's because you're on a Mac.

there is no secret beta phase (my guess, time will tell.) wait a week, then we'll see. ;)

word cock? 8O

the lack of chatty users is proportional to the number of retarded threads being started.

Timur as a beta tester!! he'd be a kinda good tester but I think he'd cause more work than he'd help fix, major people skill problems. he was a d0uche to the Abes, they owe it to him to NOT let him beta test.

gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme LIVE EIGHT!!!!!!

j2j

Post by j2j » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:06 pm

I want v8 to show up, with a totally crazy amount of feature requests done.

Folder tracks, brilliant midi, full automation, zero glitch audio, enhanced virtual instrument support, maybe that new type of midi - ( I forget what it is called )

I'd love to see audio editing that rivals Cuby, PT, and LogiC....
too many lasers...

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:10 pm

Tone Deft wrote:the lack of chatty users is proportional to the number of retarded threads being started.
Or maybe this forum has become like Seinfeld season 9. It's all been said and done to death, but the posts must continue. Maybe somebody should start a forum finale thread.

If somebody started a new "best softsynth?" thread 80% of the responses would mirror the exact same responses made a year ago.

...which brings us to the real reason Live 8 needs to be released.

Pickle Sprocket

Post by Pickle Sprocket » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:13 pm

j2j wrote:maybe that new type of midi - ( I forget what it is called )
Yes! That new MIDI Version 2.1. I've been reading about that in my college text books. I am very excited to see that, perhaps it will help sort out my MIDI guitar directional problems.
I taste nice.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:17 pm

beats me wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:the lack of chatty users is proportional to the number of retarded threads being started.
Or maybe this forum has become like Seinfeld season 9. It's all been said and done to death, but the posts must continue. Maybe somebody should start a forum finale thread.

If somebody started a new "best softsynth?" thread 80% of the responses would mirror the exact same responses made a year ago.

...which brings us to the real reason Live 8 needs to be released.
:lol: well stated.

/forum

then there's the fucktards who don't use Live and are too retarded to find a proper place to talk religion/politics/government. Ableton could never release another product again and those tards would still be here prattling on about their oh so fascinating views. :roll: pathetic really.

Live 8 will help separate the wheat from the chaff. Troll blocker in full effect!!

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:22 pm

What's a fucktard? and when will it be released?

Find out at Namm 09 at the Ableton booth.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:29 pm

:lol:

fucktards in an Ableton NAMM booth?!?!?!?!? it could NEVER happen!!!

NEVER!! :?

(still amazed you pulled that move!)

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:30 pm

Tone Deft wrote:Live 8 will help separate the wheat from the chaff.
8O

So Live 8 is going to have a multiband limiter??

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:31 pm

Tone Deft wrote::lol:

fucktards in an Ableton NAMM booth?!?!?!?!? it could NEVER happen!!!

NEVER!! :?

(still amazed you pulled that move!)

ahahaha LOLOL, I so totally deserve that slam! :lol: :lol:
Last edited by nebulae on Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:31 pm

beats me wrote:
8O

multi-bran limiter. at least midi sync will finally be regular.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:32 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
beats me wrote:
8O

multi-bran limiter. at least midi sync will finally be regular.
...and that's our show folks. Thanks for coming and tip your waitress.