Israel: Boycott, divest, sanction

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:41 pm

funky shit wrote:There is the option of confiscating the "holy land" and putting some nukes to good use so it is uninhabitable for a good while.

Holy land....
I support that. Sombody needs to be the mother that takes away the toy if the kids can't share it fairly.

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:57 pm

beats me wrote:
funky shit wrote:There is the option of confiscating the "holy land" and putting some nukes to good use so it is uninhabitable for a good while.

Holy land....
I support that. Sombody needs to be the mother that takes away the toy if the kids can't share it fairly.
I just read my post again and looked at my sig pictures.

:?

But still this is a tad different.

davec1

Post by davec1 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:08 am

both parties are clearly far beyond the point where they'd still be able to do what's best for themselves. Unfortunately, for historical reasons they'll resist others forcing some sense into them as much as they can (some using the get-out-of-jail-free-card "but remember the holocaust!" and the other's will whine about how the british infidels took their land away and gave it to the jews...).

While it is true that hte death toll there can not be compared to what's going on in many parts of africa, dead people aren't the only way to measure how bad a conflict is. All the media attention helps that region distrubute their primary export, which is anger and frustration and self-righteousness and radical ideologies. The exstent of this damage shouldn't be underestimated. How many people all over the world get emotional in a debate about israel/palestine? That's causing a lot of damage, whether it's muslims turning to radicalism or friends of those fucking settlers and their *"ç %(&! " *+! %ç*"...

(you see what I mean?)

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:15 am

OK, in no way did my saying that the palestinian resistance to Israel needs to drop the glorification of suicide bombers was an admission of some sort of level playing field here.

Hamas, no matter what people think of them are responding to pressure from Israel, there's no denying this. Israel broke the peace treaty before the rocket attacks, and I want to stress this, Had and have been denying food shipments into GAZA among other things!!

This latest round is simply not a case of those darned arabs hating on the jews, it's a case of Israel manipulating public opinion. I'm glad you guys are at least trying to lay the blame 50/50 but it's nowhere near that, it's more like 90% Israel 10% Hamas.

aeon

Post by aeon » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:48 am

b0unce wrote:
aeon wrote:...
Aeon, your post is completely disengenuous and fairly riddled with the ole' irony verging on hypocrasy ... and punctuated with a great big steaming turd of a platitude. bravo.

hi, i'm aeon. have we met?

:D

seriously dude, welcome to... er... any one of my posts.
For a start, this insideously glib counter-argument of 'but what about darfur' etc is becoming a stale cliche. It seems the only people who make this counter-argument are the ponced-up plebs who ordinarly don't raise the issue themselves, at all.
i've volunteered with UN association working groups on Uganda. i've written letters to my MP on the situation in the DRC, the UK involvement in the arms trade etc... i've also contributed financially to any number of groups working for better governance, publicly-owned water infrastructure, education, and vairous community projects etc. in Africa.

so - i may be a 'ponced-up pleb', but i do raise the issue myself :)
Am I supposed to feel headless because I'm not also documenting the war crimes in Uganda ? You should feel worse for only mentioning these crimes in the context of palestinian discussion, as if to throw a spanner in the works... :roll:

forgive me - i tried to bring a little perspective into the discussion. like i said, one of the things that shits me the most about the Arab-Israeli conflict is the way it's consumed the world's attention for so fucking long whilst not actually being that deadly. i can't help wondering whether, if the fundamentalist ballsacks and cynical conflictarians in the Middle East could stop fucking about we might have been able to stop millions of people dying in the DRC. silly me!

anyways, let's get right back to endless discussions of arcane batshit religious historio-geography. they're so enlightening AND productive! i'm sure Uganda can wait another year :)
digitally yours

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:06 am

Wish everyone would all chill the fuck out!
Somebody send a shipment of high quality MDMA to every single person in the world.

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:19 pm

I've been keeping out of this up to now, but I just came across this excellent article on media lens. Required reading for anyone claiming an opinion IMO.

--> http://www.medialens.org/alerts/09/0901 ... ye_for.php
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

smartass303

Post by smartass303 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:54 pm

BoimB son of BoB wrote:
smartass303 wrote:youre welcome,

those 'rockets' killed 35 people over the last 8 fucking years.
they are hand made shit. they are a pover means of PROTEST.

18 days, almost 1000 palestines killed. they are nazi offspring in my book.

anyway, the press in europe seems to sympathize with palestine people. unless they are not giving ous all the facts, i think they just want to get rid of them, simple as that. and slowly withing 50 years they will have killed all of them, step by step by step.

and europe and the rest of the world can kiss their nukes' arse. who gave those nuts nuclear weapons in the first place???
its so easy to make the israelis the new nazis,
what most of the people forget is that the shoah was industrialized mass murder. a genocide to kill all jews.
the conflict today is a war for land not a genocide to kill all palestinians.
and opening a death toll is utterly stupid. the idf is a regular army and the hamas are terrorists. the hamas hides behind the palestinian people and shoots rockets from schools and kindergardens. this is terrorism...
when a regular army attacks a place like gaza there will always be civil casualties. when hamas attacks israel they go for civil casualties because they say every israeli is a potential soldier that needs to be killed. the idf is going after hamas fighters and not after civilians.

when it comes to media its getting a bit tricky because all reports are biased in a way.

andydes

Post by andydes » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:10 pm

smartass303 wrote:
what most of the people forget is that the shoah was industrialized mass murder. a genocide to kill all jews.
and opening a death toll is utterly stupid. the idf is a regular army and the hamas are terrorists. the hamas hides behind the palestinian people and shoots rockets from schools and kindergardens. this is terrorism...
when a regular army attacks a place like gaza there will always be civil casualties. when hamas attacks israel they go for civil casualties because they say every israeli is a potential soldier that needs to be killed. the idf is going after hamas fighters and not after civilians.

when it comes to media its getting a bit tricky because all reports are biased in a way.

Are you saying that it's wrong to fire a rocket from a school, but OK to fire one into it? What kind of crazy, fucked up logic is that?

lola

Post by lola » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:16 pm

andydes wrote:
smartass303 wrote:

Are you saying that it's wrong to fire a rocket from a school, but OK to fire one into it? What kind of crazy, fucked up logic is that?
It would have been better if hamas cleared the school and then fired rockets... they use their own people as a human shield.
They drag children into the fire.
http://www.geocities.com/palestiniansar ... ields.html

smartass303

Post by smartass303 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:50 pm

andydes wrote:
smartass303 wrote:

no, im saying they use the schools and their children as a "shield".
beside that theres a lot of brainwashing going on in gaza, in schools (funded by the UN) and in society.
its fucked up to teach children that its great to be a suicide bomber.

andydes

Post by andydes » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:59 pm

smartass303 wrote:
andydes wrote:
smartass303 wrote:

beside that theres a lot of brainwashing going on in gaza, in schools (funded by the UN) and in society.

Best take them out before they get the chance then. Pre-emptive strike so to speak. Shit, I'm out. I feel sick.

smartass303

Post by smartass303 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:59 pm

andydes wrote:
smartass303 wrote:
andydes wrote: Are you saying that it's wrong to fire a rocket from a school, but OK to fire one into it? What kind of crazy, fucked up logic is that?

Best take them out before they get the chance then. Pre-emptive strike so to speak. Shit, I'm out. I feel sick.
i never said that its ok to attack palestinian children.

you see, this is what the conflict is about. youre on this side, you get attacked by the other side for no reason. in our argument its about palestinian children. i said they get indoctrinated by hamas and you said that i would like to take them out.

bullshit!

andydes

Post by andydes » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:21 pm

Yes, I know what you meant. Hamas shouldn’t be bringing the children into it. But reread what you said, could easily be taken to mean schools are a breading ground for terrorists and a legitimate target. I was being a bit sarcastic. Sorry.

While you can rightly blame Hamas for using human shields, that doesn’t give anyone free reign to attack so indiscriminately. After all, the Hamas fighters don’t stay put after an attack. There should never, ever be any excuse to order artillery bombardment on a school.

Side note: Israel didn’t honour their side of the ceasefire and lift the trade embargo in Gaza. They also continued to carry out raids on Hamas claiming this didn’t violate the terms. So it’s not exactly an unprovoked attack. There were already shortages of food, water, electricity and something like 90% of private businesses in Gaza had been ruined. It was basically fucked before the invasion anyway.

Chang

Post by Chang » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:45 pm

andydes wrote: There should never, ever be any excuse to order artillery bombardment on a school.
Ok, so if you are in fox hole with your five best friends and you are pinned down by multiple AK-47 & RPG rocket fire coming in from terrorists hiding in a school and its blowing up all around you and you know that without calling in a tank strike or air strike on that location your going to die what are you going to do? You don't know if there are any children in the building, but your DO know for fact that terrorist are in there as you are taking heavy fire from them, what you goin to do?

By the way, to whoever posted this below. Yes it is sick and pathetic I agree. That is not a desperate action being taking by so so desperate people. Those terrorists are just sick in the head when you look at those pictures of 10 year olds surrounding hamas rocket launchers and mines being planted. Sick. No excuse for this behaviour accept that they obviously dont give a damn about innocent Palestinians and are willing to let them be cannon fodder to hide behind. Shameful.

http://www.geocities.com/palestiniansar ... ields.html