autmap 3 beta testers

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dphouse84

autmap 3 beta testers

Post by dphouse84 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:23 pm

just got this in an email:

Hello Novation Beta Tester Automap version 3.0b2 is available for testing. You can download this release from the beta testing website here: http://mail.focusrite.com/beta/automap/ Please be sure to send all feedback using the beta report form found here: http://mail.focusrite.com/beta/?p=bugreport If you would like to to be removed from this notification list, you canunsubscribe for this product from your profile page here: http://mail.focusrite.com/beta/?p=profile Kind Regards,Novation Beta Groupbeta@novationmusic.com RELEASE NOTES:- First Automap 3.0 Standard beta release- Major Update: Please download and read release notes file before installing for full information and consult User Guide documentation
Stuff I actually use.
sound card, speakers, mic, MBP, Mighty Mouse, Ableton, Reason, iPad, iPhone,Touchable, Rebirth, & other apps.
Pair of Technics 1200's, and a Pioneer Mixer

Geezus

Post by Geezus » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:59 am

Automap 3.0b2 - 13 December 2009 - Beta Release

Automap 3.0 Standard

New Features

• New browser start-up view with shortcuts including specific DAW client set-up guides
• Revised Plug-in Manager application
• Uniform Installer now integrates software and hardware installation for all Automap products
• New Automap HUI Client replaces hardware HUI templates with support for Logic and Pro Tools
• Added keyboard shortcuts (Windows)
• Improved Midi Client can now Send/Receive note data and independent client naming
• Automatic software updater

Release Notes

• Provided support for Sonar x64 editions
• Fixed instantiation issues with Waves plug-ins (VST)
• Improved control issues with Waves plug-ins (TDM/RTAS)
• Fixed some graphics issues with UAD plug-ins (VST Mac)
• Import/Export mappings feature removed - to use old exported .mappings file, rename to .zip and import manually
• Application "Automap Universal" now referenced as "Automap" (NB Windows Users may wish to uninstall previous versions of "Automap Universal")

Known Issues

• Some links on the start-up page are yet to be implemented
• Some issues with learn modes on UAD plug-ins (Mac)

Firmware Details

The following operating systems are installed with this Automap Installer:

ReMOTE SL Series - 4.1.11
• Fixed issue with the X/Y pad causing crashes
• Fixed issue preventing note off messages when keyboard zones enabled

ReMOTE SL Zero - 4.1.11
• No change

ReMOTE SL Compact - 4.1.10
• No change

Automap 3.0 Pro

As of version 3.0, Automap will now be available in two formats - "Automap 3.0 Standard" and "Automap 3.0 Pro." Automap 3.0 Pro includes the following additional features:

New Features

• Multiple Device support - control with multiple devices using Automap
• Auto-View - Auto-display Automap HUD (heads up display) during control only
• Drag and Drop mapping controls and client positions within the Automap HUD
• Support for X/Y Pad, Drum Pads, Sustain/Expression pedal within Automap (ReMOTE SL only)

I came. hard

xherv

Post by xherv » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:48 am

Some features (basically all the ones I thought were interesting . . .) aren't active in the beta, they'll be included with purchase of Automap Pro. Someone on KVR said it will be a paid upgrade (₤20), which would be a little disappointing given that you don't usually have to pay to cut and paste or adding extra USB devices (can you imagine MicroSoft or Apple asking for $20 for another mouse?). Oh well, not totally confirmed.
http://www.soundcloud.com/xherv
I know EVERYTHING that I know and you don't know, and don't know what I don't know that you know, so I'll ignore that stuff. Wassup now?

cids

Post by cids » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:18 am

NAMM Show Preview: Novation is launching Automap 3 Pro, the latest incarnation of its intelligent music software control system.

Automap 3 Pro will support multiple hardware devices. This lets any of Novation’s hardware controllers be stacked within the Automap server. Multiple Novation controllers can then work side by side to access separate parameters on different plug-ins simultaneously.

Another key new feature is the ability to drag and drop parameters between controls, making re-assignment incredibly simple. Equally exciting is ‘Autoview’, which when activated, automatically displays Automap 3 PRO on-screen as soon as a hardware control is touched, and then hides the GUI after release.

Automap 3 Pro also now has integrated HUI control, allowing hardware mixer control for all HUI compatible DAW’s directly from Automap Pro 3.

Automap 3 is available to all existing Automap users from the Novation website for £19.99/$29.95. A reduced-feature Automap 3 Standard is also available as a free download from the website, and will include a few of Automap 3 Pro’s features, but will not support multiple devices.
Mac Studio M2 Max and MacBook Pro M1

Genelec M030; Live 11.3.x and Live 12; macOS Sonoma

UAD Apollo Twin

Ableton Push 2

mkelly

Post by mkelly » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:06 am

Nice "feature"...
cids wrote:Automap 3 Pro will support multiple hardware devices.

Automap 3 is available to all existing Automap users from the Novation website for £19.99/$29.95. A reduced-feature Automap 3 Standard is also available as a free download from the website, and will include a few of Automap 3 Pro’s features, but will not support multiple devices.
So if we show loyalty by purchasing multiple products from the one company, they reward us with a charge to use them side by side?
Live 7, Logic Studio 8, Mac Pro 8-core/2.26/6GB, OS X 10.5.6, Saffire Pro 40, Alesis M1 Active 520s, Remote SL 37, Virus TI Snow, Nord Rack 2, Zebra 2, Sylenth1

logic_user99

Post by logic_user99 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:30 am

Hmm... I'm not convinced yet. If Novation had taken the time to properly map out their 'automaps' of plugins (NI instruments etc) I'd be a little happier. I mean, to date, I've had to completely rebuild all of the maps for my non-native plugins because the automap has been so utterly sh**.

Not worth it for £20... unless it blows me or something!
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |

mkelly

Post by mkelly » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:34 am

logic_user99 wrote:Not worth it for £20... unless it blows me or something!
Ooooh, now i'm interested. Is this just a rumour or was it in a list of features? If I pay the 20 quid will it blow me, or does it always blow you? Will the "blow me" feature also include "multiple device support"?
Live 7, Logic Studio 8, Mac Pro 8-core/2.26/6GB, OS X 10.5.6, Saffire Pro 40, Alesis M1 Active 520s, Remote SL 37, Virus TI Snow, Nord Rack 2, Zebra 2, Sylenth1

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:39 am

:lol:

Nostradamus eat your hearth out!

Novation: Killing any prospects of decent control of Live since 2005 :wink:

logic_user99

Post by logic_user99 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:40 am

mkelly wrote:
logic_user99 wrote:Not worth it for £20... unless it blows me or something!
Ooooh, now i'm interested. Is this just a rumour or was it in a list of features? If I pay the 20 quid will it blow me, or does it always blow you? Will the "blow me" feature also include "multiple device support"?
:lol: :lol:
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |

forge

Post by forge » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:42 am

hoffman2k wrote: Nostradamus eat your hearth out!
8O
hearth

noun
1. an open recess in a wall at the base of a chimney where a fire can be built; "the fireplace was so large you could walk inside it"; "he laid a fire in the hearth and lit it"; "the hearth was black with the charcoal of many fires" [syn: fireplace]

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:46 am

forge wrote:
8O
hearth

noun
1. an open recess in a wall at the base of a chimney where a fire can be built; "the fireplace was so large you could walk inside it"; "he laid a fire in the hearth and lit it"; "the hearth was black with the charcoal of many fires" [syn: fireplace]
Either one will do :lol:
In dutch its hart en haard. Easy mistake to make.

forge

Post by forge » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:55 am

hoffman2k wrote:
forge wrote:
8O
hearth

noun
Either one will do :lol:
In dutch its hart en haard. Easy mistake to make.
I think charcoal was once used as toothpaste

Hervé

Post by Hervé » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:34 am

Automap 3 screenshot :

Krugger

anyone tested on Nocturn yet?

Post by Krugger » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:25 pm

Does it work with Nocturn? Also, does the Nocturn finally works with Logic (using HUI)?

thanks
Kr.

stutter

Post by stutter » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:19 pm

it was mentioned somewhere that Automap Pro could be included with some devices. Unfortunately I doubt the Nocturn will be one - so if I want to use one with my 61SL it's price doesn't look so cheap anymore.