Operator8

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
siliconarc

Post by siliconarc » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:12 pm

is that 'R' an LFO reset switch? if so, thats what i was asking for for Sampler. does that have it too? (if it IS a reset...)

man i'm so stoked about all this :D

Robert Henke

Post by Robert Henke » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:14 pm

it is a reset. the 'old' operator always restarted the LFO. the new one does it only on demand. In Sampler the LFOs offer the same luxury since ever.

R.

commuter

Post by commuter » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:16 pm

Can' wait!!
Update will be free for existing Operator users ...or not ?

Thanks
:)
15" Macbook Pro 2,3 quadcore I7 2012/8gb ram/240gb SSD/ LIVE 9.06/OSX 10.8.5, NI Komplete audio 6
https://www.facebook.com/commuterofficial
http://soundcloud.com/commuter

Robert Henke

Post by Robert Henke » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:19 pm

Yes. simply open your old set in NewLive and voila: you have the new Operator. Sounding the same as before and offers more. ( Jingle end )

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:21 pm

any more sneak previews Robert...?

LeifonMars

Post by LeifonMars » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:22 pm

Robert Henke wrote:Yes. simply open your old set in NewLive and voila: you have the new Operator. Sounding the same as before and offers more. ( Jingle end )
I think I shed a tear again. The first time I shed a tear tonight was when I saw these two head engineers shaking hands behind Behles. I'm really in an emotional state right now.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:25 pm

LeifonMars wrote:
Robert Henke wrote:Yes. simply open your old set in NewLive and voila: you have the new Operator. Sounding the same as before and offers more. ( Jingle end )
I think I shed a tear again. The first time I shed a tear tonight was when I saw these two head engineers shaking hands behind Behles. I'm really in an emotional state right now.
me too man... it's really an exciting if not revolutionary release...
it's been a long time coming !
this is exactly where I hoped this application is heading...
and the reason I chose it over all other DAWs...

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:31 pm

Sweet! Thanks for the info Robert!

:D
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

LeifonMars

Post by LeifonMars » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:32 pm

3dot... wrote: it's really an exciting if not revolutionary release...
And just today I learned they've chosen to stick with PT as their DAW in school of arts where I'll start teaching next autumn. I was like, why the hell organizations like schools always use those oldschool-doneitallknowitallnoneedtothinkoutsidethebox-experts as consultants when they upgrade their gear. I mean I know why, but still I felt like I want to scream.

shai

Post by shai » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:35 pm

3dot... wrote:
LeifonMars wrote:
same here with the tears . the anticipation was so high and i didn't imagine we will get so well treated.
it's actually the second time i experience being part of a community the drives a company towards the "perfect product".

that was the first time, btw :)

and this is one of the goodness that the www brought. . and now it looks like ableton fully realized it with the sharing option .. and what not

LeifonMars

Post by LeifonMars » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:44 pm

shai wrote:
3dot... wrote:
LeifonMars wrote: I think I shed a tear again. The first time I shed a tear tonight was when I saw these two head engineers shaking hands behind Behles. I'm really in an emotional state right now.
same here with the tears . the anticipation was so high and i didn't imagine we will get so well treated.
it's actually the second time i experience being part of a community the drives a company towards the "perfect product".

that was the first time, btw :)

and this is one of the goodness that the www brought. . and now it looks like ableton fully realized it with the sharing option .. and what not
Funny enough for the first time I had no concrete expectations. I was pleased enough with Live7 and wasn't missing that much enhancements. Or I was, but not in a way like "this must be fixed, so I'll be able to do that", cause I was pretty much doing everything I wanted to do with Live. I was hoping for midi LFOs, but not entirely sure how would I use it. I was also anxious to see Max/Live integration, but then again, I had no clear picture what would it mean to my workflow, or possibilities. I feel like this upgrade will change my thinking quite radically.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:45 pm

I actually wasn't really expecting a live8 release..
as I was pretty disappointed with v7...

it's a big big surprise ! Ableton have created a wonderful program...
I know this hapiness.. it's a 'getting a new instrument' kindof feeling...
rather than a mere update...with drum-racks and sidechains...

shai

Post by shai » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:55 pm

to me it also seemed that ableton lost it's 'spark' into v7 .. most of the uniqueness was already old news and therefore it was somehow clear that to stay ahead in this game they will have to reinvent something .. they have good senses and they justify the credibility which is just . .. eh AWESOME :)

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:57 pm

word

dave dominey

Post by dave dominey » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:09 am