So what did the Abes totally forget to put in Live 8?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
illsub1

Post by illsub1 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:01 am

I am extremely appreciative of the new features. The only thing they left out to me is an audio harmonizer/pitch shifter that is quality. Maybe this could be coded in Max. I will resort to the pitch pedal in guitar rig 3 in the meantime. THANK YOU FOR THE LOOPER!!!!

kleine

Post by kleine » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:03 am

illsub1 wrote: The only thing they left out to me is an audio harmonizer/pitch shifter that is quality. Maybe this could be coded in Max.
/Yes, this is quite possible with max..

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:06 am

kleine wrote:
illsub1 wrote: The only thing they left out to me is an audio harmonizer/pitch shifter that is quality. Maybe this could be coded in Max.
/Yes, this is quite possible with max..
I can't believe how many posts have been made in just the first few hours where the answer is "max for Live." people don't fully get it yet. they will and minds will be blown.

"Oh my god, it's full of stars!"
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

illsub1

Post by illsub1 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:01 am

thanks for the reply. I am new to the Max thing so I appreciate the clarification. Can't wait to start delving into Max!! Pardon my ignorance, but will it be possible to do video craziness in this as well (features of Jitter)?

ubermnd

Post by ubermnd » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:06 am

multi-channel support for surround sound and ambisonics.

Magnetotron

Post by Magnetotron » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:28 am

Session automation obviously was requested a lot, but metaclips would have been a nice. i.e select a bunch of stuff in arrangement view and drag it into session and it would make metaclips which contain the automation, sounds, clips etc from each track in automation. Seems like the session -> arrange direction gets focused on.... but the arrange -> session direction is like 4 versions old.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Asus P5B Deluxe Socket 775 Intel P965 Express, 2X1024MB Corsair DDR2 800Mhz, Windows XP Pro SP2, M-Audio ProjectMix I/O, M-Audio Keystation Pro 88, M-Audio Trigger Finger, Ableton Live 7.0.2

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:38 am

ubermnd wrote:multi-channel support for surround sound and ambisonics.
I think it's interesting that Max can deliver a few things like more parameters and stereo surround. I wonder if this will allow for workarounds. As an owner of both Live and Max, I am very curious about how owning this intermediary software will improve the functionality of each of these.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:17 am

/clears throat

OK forum, everyone at once: "max for Live!!!"

ambisonics are cute but sooo 1970s. there are already max patches out there that do that.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:18 am

LOFA wrote:
I think it's interesting that Max can deliver a few things like more parameters and stereo surround. I wonder if this will allow for workarounds. As an owner of both Live and Max, I am very curious about how owning this intermediary software will improve the functionality of each of these.
I think we need to redefine what a workaround is. the ones intimidated by max won't take max4Live as an answer.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

last man on earth

Post by last man on earth » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:30 am

After all of the requests (and solutions) posted in, what, the last year, my request is humble:

Autosave would be nice.

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:33 am

This makes sense.

I still wonder how the old 128 parameter thing is going to hold in the face of so many new people using max.

It has to be the next step.

This is all so impressive though. It's really beautiful to see such great effort and results. Almost as inspiring as the tech.

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:54 am

+1000

I'd still like Live to support this (without having to buy Max just to achieve surround). :?

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:57 am

Follow Actions "When Clip Ends"

This would be a massive aid in my work.

I would also like to see a time variant added. For example:

End + an empty field where a time can be entered:
- End + 1 minute
- End + 30 seconds
, etc.

This time field could be represented as 00:00:00 for hours, minutes, seconds.

Then there could be some time before the follow action is executed.

While there may be a work around, this would be so immediate & helpful.

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:01 am

xXxEVILxXx wrote:the only thing i would like to see is: viewing more than 1 waveform/clip at once...
Yes please...

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:06 am

Tone Deft wrote: I can't believe how many posts have been made in just the first few hours where the answer is "max for Live." people don't fully get it yet. they will and minds will be blown.
There is the issue of cost involved here as well. Some of the features left out of Live 8 have been requested for years now. Waiting for years only to be told to buy an upgrade of Live AND another piece of expensive software is not an ideal solution.

Ultimately, I'm sure it will be very powerful, & I will take the plunge & never look back. However, I sincerely hope that the price will be sweet, rather than bitter-sweet. Know what I mean jelly-bean?
Last edited by oblique strategies on Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:11 am, edited 2 times in total.