looper for mac?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Jekblad

looper for mac?

Post by Jekblad » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:03 pm

i've tried a few times to work in augustus loop as a looper. Never really got it to anypoint useful.

Can anyone share their setup?

What works for you?
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

os

Post by os » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:50 pm

Augustus Loop works very well for me. :)

Anything I can help you with? Or try http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=85

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:00 pm

musolomo is great for mac, but not really a traditional looper.
Augustus loop is INSANE, but for many it's too feature-laden.
I'm all about using maxMSP these days, since you can do a nice and simple variable-delay-buffer setup in there, that basically allows you to capture stutters you do with the delay into its own buffer - very effective.

I've done similar things in the past with Reaktor, with a long delay and effects in the feedback loop. Hit me up on twitter.com/wetterberg if you need to talk through some looper rigs, man. No worries.

Andreas.

bulo

Post by bulo » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:46 pm

Augustus Loop works very well for me.
Fortunately Os!! :wink:

Augustus is definitely great. Makes great things with a lot.
My tongue spits english like a frog and my head is currently searching for a comprehensive language.
And I shit here

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:48 pm

i've got the AL demo and sooper looper. musulomo won't show up in live as an audio unit.

I want to be able to use live's internal clock and quantizing so i don't have to stop right on the beat as with hardware loopers.

I want to enjoy the sound on sound capabilities as well as midi map to undo and reverse and all that, and just be a little more open to jamming rather than planning out all my scenes in live.

Can someone describe how they're successfully using AL or sooper looper. AL seems way awesome, but i can't spring the cash right now although i will if i can get it pimpin.

Big thank you to OS and Andreas for replying to this topic. I can't think of anyone better to help out.

Side note: I've been emailing with Esben sheck (sp). I found him through a blog post on covops.org. he's also been very helpful and spoke highly of you guys. He mailed me his set up and it's awesome. Not really what i'm trying to do, but it was revealing to dig into it. Thanks
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

os

Post by os » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:09 am

The built-in looper announced for Live 8 might make this thread somewhat redundant. Very interested to check it out.

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:13 am

os wrote:The built-in looper announced for Live 8 might make this thread somewhat redundant. Very interested to check it out.
I think there's still a space for Augustus Loop AND the Live Looper in an Ableton Live rig - the Ableton Looper is much more akin to the Angstrolooper in its (apparent) simplicity - a lot of stuff going on under the hood, mind.

I quite like the idea of Augustus being a delay/looper hybrid - since I tend to do loops with my delays and delays with my loopers, hehe.