Why so much complains???

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
computercontrolled

Why so much complains???

Post by computercontrolled » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:48 am

Live 8 is not yet released and a lot u guys are alreay complaining...how good max/msp synths are.....how many functions did ableton not include.....and so on.

i feel in a beauty saloon,hearing ladies complain.Let live 8 be relesead at least!!!
i have complains too..but live has become a breakpoint in my musical and DAW experience so i feel so far happy with Live and what Live has achieved as a DAW., so i think live offers more than what's really missing.

Make music and stop bitchin''

(and upgrade to live 8 of course)

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:06 am

who's complaining?
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:16 am

MOst people including myself have said complimentary things about Ableton and Live.

However, for me, this update is not as good as Live 7, although I am thankful for group tracks and crossfade on arrangement (albeit not as deep and flexible as other DAWS) and if they included a better timestretching algo then that it also good. I suppose Groove templates too, although I doubt that Propellerheads will lose any sleep comapred to the Reason regroove and Cubse has had this feature for years. Still a useful addition though and to be congratulated.

Old expression - you can never please ALL of the people ALL of the time. Live has grown beyond being a DJ's live tool or some audio tweakbox to a cross pollination of all music users, producers, engineers spanning most genres of music. Therefore, as we are such a diverse group, there are always going to be some disappointed. I myself am not excited about max for live, given that I want to make music and not spend hours like a laboratory boffin poring over scientific charts, even though I know that some people will love this feature and use it amazingly well. Latin percussion, vokoder and collision are features that have a bit of a MEH factor for me too. I also appreciate the need for stuff like Limiter, but given that I own Voxengo Elephant, Kjaerhus MPL-Pro and the like, I can't get excited about it. Looping and phrase sampling are stuff that I grew out of in the 90s, so although I might get back into it for a week or two, I don't think it's a 'must have' feature for me - although others have been crying out for it. Everyone's needs are so different. While I was raving about Live 7, a sizeable number were going - MEH - I won't upgrade from Live 6 for this.

But overall, I love Ableton to bits and anticipate upgrading. It's just not as essential an upgrade as Live 7 for me. And Max for Live I think will be a pretty costly optional extra anyway.
Last edited by leedsquietman on Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

Tytus

Re: Why so much complains???

Post by Tytus » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:18 am

computercontrolled wrote: Make music and stop bitchin'
this forum got a gang of complainers. bitchin' bout various features, bugs and so on...i guess its to be expected considering all the different genres that use Live. Sometimes i wonder if people look for things to bitch about, subconsiously trying to validate their own reasons for not actually making any music...

computercontrolled

Post by computercontrolled » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:19 am

Ok perhaps complaints was not the right word...bitchin' it is, i feel so negative vibe with stuff like..

So what did the Abes totally forget to put in Live 8?
live 8 is great but two crucial things were missed
how good max synths sound?

Specially when the software has not even been released. Its just my point of view.

Positive thing would be....

1.-how good is the new stuff in live..i hope they include (x) in the next update.
2.-So what can i do in msx/msp?? how far can i go?

"live 8 is great but two crucial things were missed" is not bad aftear reading it again., sorry!

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:24 am

computercontrolled wrote:Ok perhaps complaints was not the right word...bitchin' it is, i feel so negative vibe with stuff like..

So what did the Abes totally forget to put in Live 8?
live 8 is great but two crucial things were missed
how good max synths sound?

Specially when the software has not even been released. Its just my point of view.

Positive thing would be....

1.-how good is the new stuff in live..i hope they include (x) in the next update.
2.-So what can i do in msx/msp?? how far can i go?

"live 8 is great but two crucial things were missed" is not bad aftear reading it again., sorry!
I think you seem to be focusing on the negative. Most of the members posting have been blowing loads all over their screens in disbelief. :lol:

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:31 am

Most of the commentary has been positive, even from those who have made some negative comments or suggested other features.

Would you prefer some heavily censored, sanitized, total blind fan boy worship site?

Live users are smart - they know what they want, and aren't afraid to express their opinions. It's refreshing coming from the heavily censored Cubase.net, where only registered users can post (using dongle serials), where they delete and lock threads for fun.

We write things because we care. If we didn't care less about Ableton, we'd feck off to another sequencer in silence. Live is amazing. I could not write music without it - however, as a stand alone sequencer, it is still lacking a lot of core functionality. Which is why I keep Cubase around, because they compliment each other, even if I do 85% of my stuff in Live.

Cubase is better for mixing because you can view arrangement and mixing screen seperately on dual monitors, you can open up to 3 mixing windows, and the GUI looks better for that purpose. Live is better for composition and arrangement, building the song up in session and then laying it down in arrangement. Tweaking clip envelopes, building racks, and just more fun and inspiration for creating music.

And no amount of sulky fanboyism will put me and others off. I support Ableton fully and I know they generally appreciate a more balanced feedback, so long as it doesn't go to extremes.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

computercontrolled

Post by computercontrolled » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:48 am

I never said they didnt care about live, i just think we should wait until live 8 is in our hands.

jonny72

Post by jonny72 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:01 am

I thought its been pretty tame on here compared to normal plus a fair chunk of the negative stuff was posted as a joke, I know my "The Fuck You Ableton Thread" was.

I don't think the Ableton staff take any of it that seriously or are that bothered by it, most of them give as good as they get.