Live8 - New GUI? A symbol of stagnancy!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:08 pm

Johnisfaster wrote:
xherv wrote:WTB A graphic of an APC40 which I can click on instead of the Live window
that sounds awesome

personally I want a graphic of a monitor that has the same thing as my real monitor on it only smaller. for when I feel like clicking on smaller clips.

that way I could have a big Japanese girl that acts all shy but really likes your big American beats AND a smaller Japanese girl that acts all shy but really likes your big American beats.

and when they get together... well... we've all seen how awesome vomit can be.
I'm not too crazy about vomit sex. I don't think Live would look any cooler with a vomit coloured Gui.

Anyway, different horses I s'pose. :)

[nis]

Post by [nis] » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:14 pm

Nokatus wrote:
liveISlife wrote:I don't even like those little circle burst things that go off when you press a clip in Live 8. I think it looks tacky, distracting, and annoying. I don't even really see a purpose for it.
I'm quite sure that's just a standard feature of the video capture software being used to make the promotion clips, graphically illustrating when a mouse button is being pressed :wink:
exactly :wink:
Nico Starke
Ableton Product Team

wovenskin

Post by wovenskin » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:22 pm

Nokatus wrote:
liveISlife wrote:I don't even like those little circle burst things that go off when you press a clip in Live 8. I think it looks tacky, distracting, and annoying. I don't even really see a purpose for it.
I'm quite sure that's just a standard feature of the video capture software being used to make the promotion clips, graphically illustrating when a mouse button is being pressed :wink:
yeah, petty sure that was just part of the capture software.. and funny cause I found myself wishing that it would be cool if that WAS a new feature of L8!

freqn

Re: Live8 - New GUI? A symbol of stagnancy!

Post by freqn » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:28 pm

BigBuddha wrote:For me is the fact that Ableton did not change anything of the GUI the symbol that they stopped being innovative und pushing things further. Stagnancy at its best. All new features being implemented are requested for years now. Other DAWs supported such features since a long time - it seems that many user this days forget that this is not a free update for Live 7!
Emphasis on quality over eye candy....stagnancy?...Hmmmmmm.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:36 pm

optimistic wrote:haha awesome responses in this thread. GUI is wonderful as it is.
+10000
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers

doc holiday

Post by doc holiday » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:49 pm

BigBuddha wrote:- it seems that many user this days forget that this is not a free update for Live 7!

holy crap, i thought i was still on v1 all this time 8O

Hertz SM

Post by Hertz SM » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:52 pm

Live has this certain Nivea-design-factor if you ask me. The Nivea can, as you know, hasn't been changed since 1925 besides very minor adjustments. It's sold in more than 140 countries without the need to customize it to local taste.

rozling

Post by rozling » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:00 pm

[nis] wrote:
Nokatus wrote:
exactly :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

bendybones

Post by bendybones » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:10 pm

BigBuddha wrote:For me is the fact that Ableton did not change anything of the GUI the symbol that they stopped being innovative und pushing things further. Stagnancy at its best. All new features being implemented are requested for years now. Other DAWs supported such features since a long time - it seems that many user this days forget that this is not a free update for Live 7!
I'll give u the benefit of the doubt by assuming that u are joking.
But just in case you are not joking, and/or haven't detected the delicate sarchasm in the last 3 pages, please see below...
. you couldn't be more wrong!!

Nick the Zombie

Post by Nick the Zombie » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:13 pm

posssu wrote:
Johnisfaster wrote:
Nicknackerski wrote: it's funny cause a mouse is so easy to use and we hate it, you get a controller and spend half your time thinking "whats this knob linked to?" and somehow thats better.
Haha, you're so right on this one. =)
I wonder about this every time I see someone struggling with a fancy parameter mapping scheme that only half works as advertised.

NapalmBob

Post by NapalmBob » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:16 pm

Well they sort of changed the GUI: you can now scale it. That counts. Right?

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:40 pm

We get colors and the new "@" symbol in the browser, that's huge!

Casual Beats

Post by Casual Beats » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:46 pm

Nokatus wrote:
heh, when I was watching the video, I kept thinking - man, that new clip launch indicator is really annoying. Glad it's not a new feature :)

rozling

Post by rozling » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:51 pm

Tarekith wrote:We get colors and the new "@" symbol in the browser, that's huge!
What's the @ symbol about?

Or are you joking?!

itook4lefts

Post by itook4lefts » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:57 pm

i think visible light is stagnant. we need more colours. i think we ought to alter everyone's eyes and brains to be able to see a wider range of the electomagnetic spectrum.