Shower of moaners

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Grappadura

Post by Grappadura » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:48 pm

crumhorn wrote:There's nothing wrong with a bit of moaning in the shower.
:lol:

wovenskin

Post by wovenskin » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:49 pm

Grappadura wrote:
crumhorn wrote:There's nothing wrong with a bit of moaning in the shower.
:lol:
tell that to your mum when she has to clean up afterwards..

Grappadura

Post by Grappadura » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:04 pm

dude that was ill

steved

Post by steved » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:35 pm

Totally agree ( apart from the smutty shower talk ... ) I couldn't bear all the negativity ... I just stopped checking the forum for a couple of days to let things calm down a bit ... and sat and and played the piano if I felt the need for a creative fix. I managed to create a loop type thing with my left hand ... while playing a melody type thing with my right ... and then I managed to introduce a bit of variety by playing a different melody type thing ... and I thought 'genius' ... my brain is like session view ... I even started to tap my foot with the excitement ... and memorised the beat for future use ... and then I had another glass of wine / tote / Alan Partridge lap dance moment / glance out of the window at the beautiful countryside ( select your vice ... )
Last edited by steved on Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nocturn early adopter ....

paradiddle

Post by paradiddle » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:42 pm

Are you writing your diary in this thread?

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:12 pm

All things in balance.

The new update is Heaven for some people and quite underwhelming for others.

I don't like incessant negative commentary either, but that occurred a lot more on the mention of Live 7 than this release and for me, Live 7 was a more revolutionary upgrade than this one because it included many features I could use (and beta testing it was massively cool and exciting).

Even though I am less excited about this release there are still positives, the internet sharing, crossfades and group tracks are all cool and I would like to thank to Ableton for listening as they were hugely requested features.

However, I also hate blind fanboyism. The product still has improvements that will hopefully come, the dual monitor thing being one glaring example. Even if I moan about Live not including this and other features, I praise them for their attitude to customer service and have faith that they will get there eventually.

Many of the people writing about the whining don't have experience, or much experience with using competitors products. I have extensive knowledge and use of Cubase having used it at home and work for 11 years, and I have a pretty good knowledge of Sonar, Logic and Protools as I have used them at work for a long time. And when you experience all these products,all of them have several killer features, some of which are yet to be implemented in Live, or Live does them but with less depth.

So it gets a bit much having some fanboy noob saying that I can't have a balanced say on this forum.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

dcease

Post by dcease » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:30 pm

leedsquietman wrote: So it gets a bit much having some fanboy noob saying that I can't have a balanced say on this forum.
yeah, but you are usually pretty chill 8) you don't bitch and moan, just state your opinion/wishes. nothing wrong with that. some of these doods take it a bit far tho, you have to admit. that's annoying, and not constructive>e.g. the pricing thing :roll: are they bitching on the duc about how ptle 8 allows 48 stereo tracks, but you gotta pay 150 bucks for the upgrade? if so, lame. yeah the old track count was super lame, but peeps should do a bit of research before they buy, right? if any one upgraded to live 7 in the past month or two, w/o researching if a new version was coming out soon or not, their fault!

and besides, listening to people bitch about session automation> i think every one gets it by now. cussing and carrying on about is pointless. it's WELL documented that it's a most wanted feature. starting posts and such/moaning ain't going to change it-hence the move on or take it attitude.

i've spent my fair share of time cussing how i wish live would do this or that, but i knew what i bought when i bought it, w/o a two week unlimited demo, and this forum. how often have i bitched about live's lack of whatever here? i'm too busy trying to joke around, or get in an argument about something pointless :lol:

Gurulogic

Post by Gurulogic » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:35 pm

To the OP.
I suppose you're allowed to 'voice your opinion' (aka moan?) just like everyone else but is public expression of your general disatisfaction of other peoples viewpoints really necessary?I mean at least people are being passionate about the product they use...

btw, I absolutely cannot stand the words 'moan' or 'moaner' They sound so whiney whenever someone says them!

dcease

Post by dcease » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:37 pm

so quit saying them :lol:

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:38 pm

Thanks Dcease - good points. I do love Ableton - trust me ! And I think they will eventually get in the feature requests too, I have faith in that - they do listen - crossfades and group tracks were definately very high on requests, as was the end of the 128 parameter limit.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:39 pm

IMO it's a smart thing to go over Live 8 with a critical eye, it's quite a bit of money we're contemplating spending.

it's also good for Ableton, they get a true, honest, thorough evaluation of their work, if it's not up to par they need to know.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

dcease

Post by dcease » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:49 pm

Tone Deft wrote:IMO it's a smart thing to go over Live 8 with a critical eye, it's quite a bit of money we're contemplating spending.

it's also good for Ableton, they get a true, honest, thorough evaluation of their work, if it's not up to par they need to know.
i agree, but most of us haven't had our hands on it yet, so a valid judgment cannot be made yet, we are all going off the vids and "what's new" specs. in your recent thread, i voted yes, i will upgrade- i'm a fanboy, no doubt about it. and i respect peoples opinions about what they think the software should do, but still, you don't have to upgrade, and you surely don't have to upgrade right away. you think the political threads are lame, i like reading them. i don't like reading dumb threats about how some fella isn't upgrading, or what not. if they can bitch about why they aren't upgrading, i can bitch about them bitching, it's only fair :P :twisted:

steved

Post by steved » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:52 pm

Not wanting to trivialise anyone's frustration at a lack of implementation of a particular feature - but sometimes less can be more. At the heart of creativity lie constraints .
Last edited by steved on Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nocturn early adopter ....

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:52 pm

well, let me bitch about THAT...

wait until the beta testing starts or when it gets released when some people find it won't run on their computer or runs like crap, then the honeymoon will be over (but the sex will still be outstanding.)
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:57 pm

here's an idea.. why don't all of you who aren't happy not buy it. great idea huh? let's put Ableton out of business!! and then we'll never get what YOU want. brilliant bunch we have here. Ridiculous!!!