Reccomend a SAMPLE EDITOR to use with Live 7..

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
leonle

Post by leonle » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:19 pm

Sound forge is the best!!! 8)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stock Market Report

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:04 pm

interesting to see all the votes on Wave Editor. I thought it was kind of nice when I tried it some time ago but it was EXTREMELY buggy for me.

I barely use stand-alone editors anyways. Usually I get along fine with editing within the host. For other random tasks I juggle between Soundtrack Pro and Audacity

marzio

Post by marzio » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:05 pm

Bias Peak 6 here.
not free at all. btw you can buy the LE version since it's cheap.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:12 pm

udp wrote:Peak Pro 6 XL if you're on a Mac. Not cheap, but it'll do anything you could possible want to do to sound. My biggest problem with it is learning about everything it has to offer. I feel that I have only scratched the surface of it's potential, and I've been a Peak user for 2 years.
+1 for quaility and possibility Peak user since vers. 2.5, plus the mastering suite bundle is top notch stuff, i am the biggest fan of superfreq 10, and since the release of Peak6, the whole master suite bundle runs even as either AU or VST in any host!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yo!
*** Image GAFM ***

jamester

Post by jamester » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:37 pm

I used to use Sound Forge, but didn't install it on my current build because I was interested in finding something "lighter" since I rarely use it anymore.

So last night I tried Wavosaur, which I've always thought looked very good (and looks a lot like SF), but after editing a loop Wavo said it could not save, and the loop was not automatically updated in Live when I closed out. I had to Save As to the desktop and then manually swap the loops myself afterwards.

What did I do wrong? In other programs, SF always automatically updated the wav when I'd come back to the host. Or is this a Live thing?
Purrrfect Audio PC by Jim Roseberry
Edirol UA-1000, Korg PadKontrol, Dynaudio BM 5A's
REAPER, Live, Sound Forge

udp

Post by udp » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:49 pm

SubFunk wrote:
udp wrote:Peak Pro 6 XL if you're on a Mac. Not cheap, but it'll do anything you could possible want to do to sound. My biggest problem with it is learning about everything it has to offer. I feel that I have only scratched the surface of it's potential, and I've been a Peak user for 2 years.
+1 for quaility and possibility Peak user since vers. 2.5, plus the mastering suite bundle is top notch stuff, i am the biggest fan of superfreq 10, and since the release of Peak6, the whole master suite bundle runs even as either AU or VST in any host!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yo!
Hey, thanks for that tip. I guess I didn't realize that I could use those plug ins in Live. HMMM. New and exciting possibilities!
OS X.5 MacBook Core 2Duo 2.2ghz, 2Gig RAM Mackie Onyx 400F m-audio BX8's, Oxygen 8, Zoom H-4, Alesis Masterlink, Bitstream 3x
http://www.udpmusic.com

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:18 am

udp wrote:
SubFunk wrote:
Hey, thanks for that tip. I guess I didn't realize that I could use those plug ins in Live. HMMM. New and exciting possibilities!
Yup! I use the bundle as AUs all the time in live, could not live anymore without superfreq EQs, only thing that don't work in "foreign" host is the mastering grade compressor 1 and the 1.1, guess they know why at bias :lol: those are serious tools.
*** Image GAFM ***

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:23 am

In case you wonder about my statement, for me the compressor in the mastering suite bundle alone is worth the €£€ for peak6 xl.
*** Image GAFM ***

33tetragammon

Post by 33tetragammon » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:50 am

milesahead wrote:agree, sometimes it`s just nice, to have an editor handy.

on PC i use SoundForge, on mac BiasPeak.

if you set it as your external AudioEditor (under Preferences),
it will open automatically, when you press "edit" under the "sample-tab"

i like that.
i used bias peak a while,that was the biggest piece of S*%T i EVER worked with.and since steinberg still didn't release wavelab for mac,i finally found the ultimate:Wave Editor.no other software that i know of has those beautiful bezier curves,not to mention the joy of using the software.
Wave Editor RULES!!!!!!(for me,anyway)

33tetragammon

Post by 33tetragammon » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:02 pm

SubFunk wrote:In case you wonder about my statement, for me the compressor in the mastering suite bundle alone is worth the €£€ for peak6 xl.
then by all means try out the fantastic Sonalksis sv-315 compressor.sounds AMAZING on everything.try the "crush"preset on drumbusses,turn on auto-gain,yank that threshold down and it smacks and glues your drums in such a beautiful way WITHOUT sucking the life out of it.the rest of their plugins is AMAZING too!i use a lot of them on a daily basis for mixing,mastering etc.they sound AWESOME,are easy and FUN to use.
and no,you don't need to but a UAD or duende or liquidmix or Waves like everyone else will probably tell you to get good stuff.and LESS choice gives you FOCUS.nobody needs 2 million compressors,6 billion eq's modelled after their granddad's grandma,because you spend MORE time on finding something than you are MAKING music.but i guess everyone is just repeating what the next person or magazine is telling them.