lucky Beta testers for Live 8.. initial thoughts?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
teknobryan

Post by teknobryan » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:59 pm

Bezier curves for automation and not just for crossfading?

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:01 pm

so far it seems really stable and at least as lightweight as Live 7. I'm impressed.

I think midi clock sync has been fixed. I was checking it out last night but weakness took over and I fell asleep.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:08 pm

any reports on the looper and muticore support (is it better?)

deva

Post by deva » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:12 pm

teknobryan wrote:Bezier curves for automation and not just for crossfading?
no bezier curves for automation... just crossfading

deva

Post by deva » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:13 pm

Tone Deft wrote:so far it seems really stable and at least as lightweight as Live 7. I'm impressed.
Same here...

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:53 pm

deva wrote:
And also Clip Fade in and Clip Fade out.

Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

bosonHavoc

Post by bosonHavoc » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:04 pm

condra wrote:
DubLifeSD wrote:How's the new limiter :?:
limited.
limits very well :)

i set it up as a brick wall limiter on the master track and overloaded it with a drum loop.
it did its job plus it seemed to smooth out the top and not produce the nasty square wave i get when i use apples au limiter.. sounds pretty smooth

very nice...

i didn't notice any coloration either (when not hitting the limit that is)

deva

Post by deva » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:04 pm

Tarekith wrote:
deva wrote:
And also Clip Fade in and Clip Fade out.
Same thing as crossfade

bezier curves for automation cannot be too far away cause the clip fades are just a form of automation curve

jrathkopf

Post by jrathkopf » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:24 pm

looper is incredible. implemented perfectly. i will use this all the time. i can make loops now with the looper and its drag function five times faster than how I had to do it before with various audio tracks.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:32 pm

I made a new rack from the new effects.
It contains the new multidynamics using two bands, followed by the new overdrive.
It's called "Vintage Warmer". :wink:
Professional Shark Jumper.

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:38 pm

jrathkopf wrote:looper is incredible. implemented perfectly. i will use this all the time. i can make loops now with the looper and its drag function five times faster than how I had to do it before with various audio tracks.
does looper record the layers into different clips on the same track? how is the footswitch? how is the supposed bpm detection?

jrathkopf

Post by jrathkopf » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:13 pm

the footswithc works great. you push down when you want to start recording and down when you want to stop(unless you set up the looper to automatically stop after a certain amount of bars/time).

then if you want to keep the loop, you just drag from the device(there is a dedicated button on looper that you drag from.) what i do is i loop a section, drag it to the session view track, then add on top of the loop and drag the new loop to session as i please.

you can also setup buttons to do undo or redo f what you last recorded with looper. this way if you dont like what you added on top of the loop in looper, you can easily delete it and have the last loop in tact.

i will continue to play with it, butso far i love it. for my purposes, it is my favorite live device so far. it saves me so much time from my previous workflows.

Mehalic

Post by Mehalic » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:13 pm

deva wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:so far it seems really stable and at least as lightweight as Live 7. I'm impressed.
Same here...
Yeah, no crashes at all and seems to do some things a bit faster. Rendering seems to be a lot quicker than in v7. Overall, very impressed so far. I have to muck around with the groove templates, that sounds like some fun. Vocoder is awesome...
MM
Symbolic Studio's
K-DUB

SoundCloud Account

Geezus

Post by Geezus » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:17 pm

jrathkopf wrote:the footswithc works great. you push down when you want to start recording and down when you want to stop(unless you set up the looper to automatically stop after a certain amount of bars/time).

then if you want to keep the loop, you just drag from the device(there is a dedicated button on looper that you drag from.) what i do is i loop a section, drag it to the session view track, then add on top of the loop and drag the new loop to session as i please.

you can also setup buttons to do undo or redo f what you last recorded with looper. this way if you dont like what you added on top of the loop in looper, you can easily delete it and have the last loop in tact.

i will continue to play with it, butso far i love it. for my purposes, it is my favorite live device so far. it saves me so much time from my previous workflows.
what kind of footswitch do you use? Do you know which one is in the video? I have a sustain pedal and an expression pedal but I think a clickier footswitch would be better for the looper

heavensdaw

Post by heavensdaw » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:18 pm

Just want to say that this is a mega update!

Cross fades in track = Excellent
New warping = Rocking.. Much prefer this style
Operator= OMG erator!
New FX.. = SEX
Vocoder = freakin AWESOME
Grouping tracks = Wicked
Color tracks = Nice
ZOOOm = gravy
Wave form display in browser = great idea.
Groove quantize = Groovy heaven..
Oh yeah.. Stability= so far so very good! (MBP 2.2 Core2Duo 2gb ram. OSX 10.4.11)

Gonna try get my head around 'Looper' Now..

:wink: :D 8)

Hd