Novation Nocturn instant mappings! (download)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
steved

Post by steved » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:27 pm

I might well have missed something - but am I to understand that you won't be able to use two Nocturns simultaneously ?
Nocturn early adopter ....

djgroovy

Post by djgroovy » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:31 pm

Heck, i'd just like to be able top use one.
Mine didn't want to install at first, hardware wasn't recognized by the software, and the i got BSOD all over the place!
And i don't have a bcr, all i have is an Esi Keucontrol 49+ keyboard.

Waiting for novation support to reply, it's currently uninstalled. :cry:

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:59 pm

My BSODs have been solved! Novation asked me for crashdumps and they sent me a changed driver file to test, and it seems to have fixed it. They still need to do internal testing but the fix will likely be in Automap 3 when it comes out.
8) 8) 8)

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:01 pm

steved wrote:I might well have missed something - but am I to understand that you won't be able to use two Nocturns simultaneously ?
In Automap 3 you will b able to use multiple devices.

djgroovy

Post by djgroovy » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:32 pm

djsynchro wrote:My BSODs have been solved! Novation asked me for crashdumps and they sent me a changed driver file to test, and it seems to have fixed it. They still need to do internal testing but the fix will likely be in Automap 3 when it comes out.
8) 8) 8)
I hope they will do the same for me.

davedeep

Post by davedeep » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:17 pm

Hi - you guys seem to have made good progress implementing the Nocturn into your Live setup. I've just purchased a Nocturn and while I've managed to get the buttons and knobs assigned to do what i want them to do I cannot seem to get the cross fader to behave the way I want it.

When assigning I can see the Midi Activity light flash but it doesn't manipulate the Live crossfader in that smooth transitional way a crossfader should - it either shows up far left or far right and no where in between. I know there are 3 assignable parts to the cross fader and I should assign it ti the centre but it doesn't seem to work for me....anyone got this working and know what I'm doing wrong?

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:03 am

It needs to be set send a MIDI controller (right click on the bottom of the GUI and select one from the list. Range 0 to 127 then assign to crossfader in Live.

You are using a MIDi client on the Nocturn yes?

davedeep

Post by davedeep » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:32 am

Synchro - many thanks for coming back. I'm using the Automap Server that comes with the Nocturn. Do you mean right click in Live or in the Automap client software? Could you send me a screenshot?

daviedeep@hotmail.com

v much appreciated !

djgroovy

Post by djgroovy » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:16 pm

Just got word from novation after i sent them some report, they told me this:
Our developers seems to have isolated this problem and is to do with driver conflict with other audio manufacturer.

The fix is included in the next Automap 3 updates. We are hoping to release this update either this weekend or early next week, therefore keep an eye on our website for this release and hopefully should resolve your problem.
Fingers crossed...

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:13 pm

davedeep wrote:Synchro - many thanks for coming back. I'm using the Automap Server that comes with the Nocturn. Do you mean right click in Live or in the Automap client software? Could you send me a screenshot?
Right click on the nocturn GUI bottom line and a whole list with available controller will come out. You need to read the manual boyyo!

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:17 pm

http://mail.focusrite.com/beta/index.ph ... ase&id=101

The Automap 3 beta is out djgroovy, try it & see if it fixes your BSOD.
In 3 pro (which is a paid upgrade) you can now have the Nocturn send keystrokes, so you can make a client and have buttons for stuff in Live.

I have it set to browser, track/clip, session/arrange etcetera, really nice.

djgroovy

Post by djgroovy » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:39 pm

djsynchro wrote:http://mail.focusrite.com/beta/index.ph ... ase&id=101

The Automap 3 beta is out djgroovy, try it & see if it fixes your BSOD.
In 3 pro (which is a paid upgrade) you can now have the Nocturn send keystrokes, so you can make a client and have buttons for stuff in Live.

I have it set to browser, track/clip, session/arrange etcetera, really nice.
Nice syncro, i'll think about upgrading, but i don't know. I only bought this (and a cheap 49 keys keyboard) because i sold my old Remote 25 (no automap) and needed something cheap while i wait for the apc that i'm probably be buying.

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:47 pm

Yeah the APC will be cool, i reckon the nocturn will be a nice sidekick to control VSTs and some MIDI mapped stuff. Try the Automap 3 anyway I'm curious to see if it solves your crashes.

davedeep

Post by davedeep » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:53 pm

djsynchro wrote:
davedeep wrote:Synchro - many thanks for coming back. I'm using the Automap Server that comes with the Nocturn. Do you mean right click in Live or in the Automap client software? Could you send me a screenshot?
Right click on the nocturn GUI bottom line and a whole list with available controller will come out. You need to read the manual boyyo!
Thanks for coming back. I'll try when i get home. I genuinely ploughed through as much docs/forums etc before coming on here as a last resort.

Response v much appreciated !
DT

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:24 am

Check that in Live when you do CTRL-M to assign the crossfader to the Live crossfader that the assignment is made in absolute mode (there's a small pulldown menu at the bottom when Midi mapping is active.