beatport are twits

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
trevorc

Post by trevorc » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:35 pm

aye juno's good, that's where i shop second. i use them a lot for labels missing from whatpeopleplay, older tracks i want in wav, and sometimes just to see what's cool coming out of ukraine lol. the charts are quite useful on juno too, and they've got a much bigger representation of what's coming out of the uk (WPP is very germancentric - suits me down to the ground tho)

jez3122

Post by jez3122 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:50 pm

I Like Beatport....Never had any probs though so i would say that...
Live 7.0.16, core 2 Quad 2.66ghz 4 gb ram,ESI U46SE,Vestax VCM-600, M-Audio Axiom 25,
evolution249c,Maudio Xpression pro, various guitars,Akai mpd16, NI intact,YamahaMSP3's,zoom323, a Ukulele and a Crate of Stella.

al83

Post by al83 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:58 pm

Angstrom wrote:I think this is the #1 reason why piracy of low value items exists.

People obtain stuff the easiest way, not the cheapest.

As long as it is easier to obtain "DJ La Funke's Greatest Hit" on mp3-ripper.ru than it is on a legit site then people will do it. Count the number of steps in each process. The illegal one is usually a hell of a lot less intrusive (IE shorter)

I think that eMusic is a classic case of making it as unpleasant as possible for potential purchasers. You visit their site and you can't even browse the store to see if there is anything you want!

Non-members get a choice of two sign-up forms before they can even search to see if they have a particular artist or song. Laughable !
http://www.emusic.com/
exactly.

chevthewizard

Post by chevthewizard » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:01 pm

piracey exists because people can't remember their beatport passwords!

8)
My Website | Myspace | Soundcloud
birdhouse19 wrote:i was playing a club last night and had to play some rap, and i know ableton live isnt very good with rap without a sound card.

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:03 pm

:lol:

chevthewizard

Post by chevthewizard » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:05 pm

sweet, i'm in sigs on aldj and ableton now. now if only i could improve my spelling...
My Website | Myspace | Soundcloud
birdhouse19 wrote:i was playing a club last night and had to play some rap, and i know ableton live isnt very good with rap without a sound card.

Play

Post by Play » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:32 pm

beats me wrote:My #1 complaint with beatport is regional purchasing restrictions. It may not be their fault but if the system is smart enough to not let me buy it then it should be smart enough to not even let me hear the track. I couldn't tell you how many times I was consistently blocked from buying tracks I wanted one after the other.

On itunes if you can't buy it then you also can't find it. Simple.
Yeah that drives me nuts too! Other than that I have no probs ever logging in. Anytime I have contacted support they have gotten back to me very fast. The buyer tools make finding gems a little easier too. Personally I use beatport and dance-tunes the most.
MacPro Quad, Dual 23" Apple Displays-15" MacBook Pro-Logic8, Live7, PowerSuite5-MAudio BX8s-Mackie Control Universal, ReMOTE SL 37, Korg padKONTROL-Serato Scratch SL3 & VSL-2 Pioneer CDJ1000MK2s, Pioneer DJM800

massiveheadpain

Post by massiveheadpain » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:14 am

My only complaint about beatport is the flash interface. Its a clusterfuck of flash bullshit and links and the color scheme is gag worthy. Not all beatport users are ravers.

condra

Post by condra » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:47 am

I find Beatport a real pain too, but I'm glad to have it as an option.

Sometimes I like djdownload.com just to have a quick browse. I often end up finding and buying something nice from their "Leftfield And Chill" charts.

adventurepants_

Post by adventurepants_ » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:57 am

ChiDJ wrote:I wholeheartedly share in your disdain for SHITPORT.

Fuck 'em!

Screw em'

I hope they fail. I have actually resorted to torrents to find music because SHITPORT has locked me out so many times.

I am fervently against stealing music and yet I hate FuckPORT so much that I DO.

God I hate Them!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :!:
thats a pretty lame pirating justifcation. not hating on you personally i just hear it a lot these days. people either have ethics or they dont, blaming behaviour on some external force is pretty lazy.
nathannn wrote:i will block everyone on this forum if i have to.

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:01 pm

adventurepants_ wrote:

Fuck 'em!

Screw em'

I hope they fail. I have actually resorted to torrents to find music because SHITPORT has locked me out so many times.

I am fervently against stealing music and yet I hate FuckPORT so much that I DO.

thats a pretty lame pirating justifcation. not hating on you personally i just hear it a lot these days. people either have ethics or they dont, blaming behaviour on some external force is pretty lazy.
I agree. Totally lame. And I hate the fact the I find some great tracks on CrapPort and can't find them anywhere else. I buy music every week and go through hundreds of tracks to get the right set. If I could find these tracks on a legal sight, I would buy them. But, often times I can't find them anywhere, but on the torrents.

I still support artists 99% of the time and probably spend more than most on music.

Not an excuse. Just airing my frustration.

T-
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

teknobryan

Post by teknobryan » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:30 pm

I love beatport... use it every day.
just saying.

adventurepants_

Post by adventurepants_ » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:24 pm

ChiDJ wrote:
adventurepants_ wrote:

Fuck 'em!

Screw em'

I agree. Totally lame. And I hate the fact the I find some great tracks on CrapPort and can't find them anywhere else. I buy music every week and go through hundreds of tracks to get the right set. If I could find these tracks on a legal sight, I would buy them. But, often times I can't find them anywhere, but on the torrents.

I still support artists 99% of the time and probably spend more than most on music.

Not an excuse. Just airing my frustration.

T-
dude i hear you. Wasnt having a go at you personally, im certainly not squeaky clean. It just irks me when people blame it on 'The Man'. I buy a lot of physical music as well, and it always bugs me when i meet a new friend, and the first thing they do when they see the CD wall is say 'ill bring my hard drive and rip all your music'. Then they get shitty when i tell them to bring something worth thousands of dollars in exchange.

but yeah, Beatport does suck. 8)
nathannn wrote:i will block everyone on this forum if i have to.

Deimateos

Post by Deimateos » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:25 pm

I doesn't help that, even though I can login to the "new" beatport, none of the links work at all! Oh well, that saves me a good few bucks per track!

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:50 pm

Forge,

Beatports Live Chat works pretty well and fast. I made the mistake of trying to download a million songs at once and only a few made the cut.

However, my download queue was empty. I'm like, "whaaaat!"

So I tried their Live Chat and someone was on in less than 5 minutes - helped me find the "re-download" section and I was good

Just an FYI

I'm pretty skeptical of Live Chat Support but I'm coming around - they do work and you get instant help.

Too bad I've been spinning Vinyl though for the past few days - all vinyl dawg, all vinyl!

Ad
Ableton | Elektron

Music