MIDI Controller + drum rack

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
bbx

MIDI Controller + drum rack

Post by bbx » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:30 am

first of all im a newcomer so 'hi'

im totaly nweb to the whole music production topic. have been playin drums for quite a long time and finaly decided to take it to the next level. bought an audio/midi interface a drumkitlike midi controller [roland spd-s] and the software itself. plugged everything nicely. but unfortunately cant find the way to make drum rack's pads respond to midi signals send from the controller. ableton does recieve the signals [the yellow light flashes whenever i hit any of roland's pads] but no sound is played. ive put a kick sample on all of the drum rack's pads but still no sound is played. is it any kind of a more experienced technique which i obviously dont know yet or ... yeah OR what do i have to do to make it work nicely so that i put desirable sounds into drum rack and can go crazy playing MIDI drumkit ?

i also started using NI Battery where everything wokrs great. i trigger the sounds via the sampler. unluckily, ableton's drum racks DONT. i tried to turn the NI Battery in Ableton as a VST but still with no result. can anybody help solve my problem ?

*as posting a reply please remember im a total newb

cheers,

edit : forgot to mention i can succesfuly map roland's pads to follow any other action such as launch scene , increase the volume etc. the DRUM RACK though is of biggest importance and yet cant figure it out

Dexes

Post by Dexes » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:39 am

1st check whether the drum track is armed (ie the little rec button next to the volume slider is highlighted.

If it is, what kind of midi messages does your controler send? By default the drum rack's pads are set to notes, if your controler only sends midi cc that might be the problem...

bbx

Post by bbx » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:46 am

as they say the simpliest things r always the hardest . in other words " LoooooooooL " . have a look :

like now i find it eXXXtramely funny :D as i said : im newbish