Ableton VST?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Silwolffe

Post by Silwolffe » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:32 am

Daim wrote:we could get it for free as well but since we don't lick our dogs we prefer to pay for software
As a guy who licks his dog, I take offense to that! :lol:

Anyway, obtaining software without paying for it is considered stealing. No one here is going to appreciate it, because I guarantee the majority of people on the ableton forum worked to gain the money needed to buy the application and to support the company they love.

If you don't have the money for it, download the trial and see if you like it. Save up the money for it; don't steal it to see if you'll 'like it'.

Today's youth is too used to the 'get it for free, get it now' scenario - thanks to the internet and torrents. That doesn't make it right, and judging from the OP's typing skills he's a kid who probably has no job who lives off his parents.

Nothing really wrong with that, but don't steal software and expect to receive help for it. That's just a slap in the face to those of us who WORK for what we WANT.

Chang

Post by Chang » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:46 am

Angstrom wrote:
rustyman1 wrote:sorry running xp and as for dodgy I guess I got it from a torrent site.but everything is unlocked
This is a common problem. I think that there is a special way to get VSTi working on torrented version of Live. There's a key combination for each machine that runs a version of this kind. All you do is mail this guy, and he will tell you what to do. His mail is support@ableton.com

Tell him you have just arrived in the Failboat and your name is Captain Fail, that's the password. Then tell him how you thought you'd pop by the official Ableton forums to chat about your torrent and also leave your IP address in their system so they can have a good old laugh at your incredible stupidity.

tell them that, and then they will send you the magic file that makes it work.

Brilliant. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

foogermooger

Post by foogermooger » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:29 pm

rustyman1 wrote:thanx for the little understanding i get from a few i figured it out though much appreciated to those who looked past the minor detail of where i got it the point is I got it and needed help not that I was better than you or
a haha you spent money on it and I didnt I just thought you guys were helpful but if you guys just want to make an example out of me and shun me away thats fine i wont ask for anything else.

but no one is perfect and like the other person said it aint like you never downloaded anything illlegally and you arent the makers of ableton the actual makers are not complainin why are you?
peace
How is it a minor detail of where you got it??????

Most of us got to pay for it and if we didnt then there would be no Ableton Live as there would be no money to develop it..

You just dont seem to get it, coming on the forum..quite open about the fact ur stealing the software...and asking us for help WTF?? Why should we help you?

Do me a favour and send an email to help to customer support..and tell them you are using an illegal download of the software, then ask them for help...and come back to us with your answer...I bet you they DO COMPLAIN.

bodhi71

Post by bodhi71 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:36 pm

I don't think it is a slap in our faces.
We work for what we want/love, that in itself is the reward.
He will eventually know this.
I hope the people at Ableton see it for what it is and don't dongle thier software. I HATE those things.
Have one for Cubase which I don't use anymore, Analog factory has em too, Fucking dongles hanging out of my computer,
Fucking dongles

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:51 pm

I can't believe it. Wow. You should save money instead of smoking so much crack.
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

bytheriver

Post by bytheriver » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:20 pm

Not going to start flaming but some advice from someone who's been there:

If you find making music is something you enjoy doing, and Live is the best software for you, take yourself seriously enough to buy it.

Same for other programs.

I guarantee you'll be more productive and enjoy it more.

kb420

Post by kb420 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:47 pm

bytheriver wrote:Not going to start flaming but some advice from someone who's been there:

If you find making music is something you enjoy doing, and Live is the best software for you, take yourself seriously enough to buy it.

Same for other programs.

I guarantee you'll be more productive and enjoy it more.

SO SAY WE ALL!!!!
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:55 pm

I am not in favour of Ableton dongling up (although I have one for Cubase and it's not so much of a problem), nor am I in favour of a forum in which only registered users can participate (registered with serial codes, or as cubase.net, dongle serial codes).

However, you have no right to come on a product forum if you're running a crack and ask for technical help. Get your technical help at limewire or bit torrent or wherever you downloaded from.

Live has a fully functional demo for 14 days and also has functional demos for the Suite instruments etc. If you're unsure about whether Live is for you, find a period when you have some time booked off or at a vacation and spend 2 weeks with the program and looking at the manual, and then both forum members and Ableton staff will be happy to help with your questions.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

rustyman1

Post by rustyman1 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:54 pm

that is what torrents are for to test that is what my bro enlaw told me that is why I am testing it and yes if I like it I will buy live 8. but for now I am just testing so can I test in peace and dont worry aboutr helping me I dont need your help so save you time typing for me and find another thread if all you want to do is flame because flamming is for flammers ;)

kb420

Post by kb420 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:31 pm

rustyman1 wrote:that is what torrents are for to test that is what my bro enlaw told me that is why I am testing it and yes if I like it I will buy live 8. but for now I am just testing so can I test in peace and dont worry aboutr helping me I dont need your help so save you time typing for me and find another thread if all you want to do is flame because flamming is for flammers ;)
Well, your "bro enlaw" (I guess you meant borther-in-law) is wrong. Torrents are for people who want to illegally use the software.

Ableton has a 14 demo that you could have downloaded from the website. If you had done it the right way, no one here would have given you a hard time about anything.

As a matter of fact, I believe most of the members here would have been more than happy to help you after you RTFM!!!!! :D

FWIW, I think this rusty character is simply FRAKKING with us. His willingness to come back for more abuse is all the proof I need.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

smutek

Post by smutek » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:39 pm

The "get it quick, get it now, get it free" mentality simply does not compliment the mentality of hard work and dedication that is needed to master something like this.

This kid downloaded Ableton Live from a torrent in probably about an hour, probably on a whim.

Given that, I seriously doubt he's willing to put in the years of hard work to learn a complex software application, composition, sound design, routing, and everything else that goes into this.

By the time the software locks him out this kid will most likely have already gotten tired of "beatz making" and will have moved on to something else.

Nothing to get angry about really.

That said, it definitely is in poor taste to steal software and ask for help on the companies forum, in my opinion.

foogermooger

Post by foogermooger » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:49 pm

smutek wrote:The "get it quick, get it now, get it free" mentality simply does not compliment the mentality of hard work and dedication that is needed to master something like this.

This kid downloaded Ableton Live from a torrent in probably about an hour, probably on a whim.

Given that, I seriously doubt he's willing to put in the years of hard work to learn a complex software application, composition, sound design, routing, and everything else that goes into this.

By the time the software locks him out this kid will most likely have already gotten tired of "beatz making" and will have moved on to something else.

Nothing to get angry about really.

That said, it definitely is in poor taste to steal software and ask for help on the companies forum, in my opinion.
Yes i totally agree with this....and thats what pissed me off..not the fact hes usin it but the fact hes askin for help and he openly couldnt give a f**k about using the crack versions.

rustyman1

Post by rustyman1 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:56 pm

so than why should i buy a $500 if I am going to move on dumbass

no matter what i am using it for which is none of your business even though it is obvious.

until I steal from you shut the F* up!

It isn't rocket science I already made track and laced it with verses and a chorus (lyrics)

as far as not going far I am already being schooled by my friend on oscillators. so suck a fat one ......doubters defeated! rusty rules!

finally speaking of stealing, GO STEALERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dcease

Post by dcease » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:59 pm

rustyman1 wrote:I already made track and laced it with verses and a chorus (lyrics)
WAV or STFU

rustyman1

Post by rustyman1 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:02 pm

dcease wrote:
rustyman1 wrote:I already made track and laced it with verses and a chorus (lyrics)
WAV or STFU
I already told you to STFU so..................say something that hasn't been said .................as in try again