Ableton VST?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:14 am

You're all getting trolled.
Even if not, arguing with a 13 year old like Angestrom pointed out is silly.

kb420

Post by kb420 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:24 am

One of the moderators actually sent me a private message about using foul language a few days ago, but they let this thread go on for 6 pages.

A thread started by some asshole who has admitted to using a cracked version of the software.

WTF!!!!!!
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

Korhan

Post by Korhan » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:30 am

Some may be mad at me too, but back in 2004, when I got my first laptop, I was looking for the right software for composing and performance. I had looked at Cubase (crack copy) before on my old desktop and hated it. I used to use Cakewalk (crack) for MIDI and simple audio, but that wasn't so good anymore. Ableton Live was quite hot at that time (it still is) and I decided to give it a go (crack copy!). A friend of mine and I started a project on Live 4... and then Live 4 stopped working..the copy protection kicked in... after several cases like this, I discovered I could avoid this by not connecting to the internet at all. But at that time, I was already so hooked on Live for everything that I decided to buy it! So it was cracked versions of all that software that allowed to me to decide which one to get.

Some may argue that one could use a demo version to test drive the software. Demo versions do not allow saving and thus one cannot compose or perform with Live. It's like test driving a car around in a small circle.

I have always felt that crack software sometimes helps software companies to sell more software. Many people who use crack software fall into the trap of installing every single DAW/seqencer, etc. on their system and accumulating a big pile of unfinished songs in those programs. They will have stuff in Reason, in Live, in Cubase, etc. THose among them who manage to actually get something done in Live or Reason will probably end up buying that program.

I am not defending pirated software, just stating the fact that it sometimes helps to sell, like giving free samples of the actual product (a demo version is not the actual product)

And I finally would like to say that writing all that foul language in a public forum should not be tolerated, no matter the reason. If you don't like what someone is doing, you ignore them or tell them in clear, concise language that what they're doing is wrong. You don't start cursing like a Beat Repeater in 1/128 resolution! :-) I think people like that do not belong in an official product forum either, just like crack software users.

Best,

Korhan
Computer: MBP M1Pro 32GB 1TB, MixPre 6 MKII
Hardware: Syntrx II, Matriarch, Hydrasynth, Minifreak, Nord Drum 2, Modular (mainly Make Noise)
Controllers: Push 3, Launchpad Mk3, Launch Control, Sensel Morph, PC4, Nanokontrol

kb420

Post by kb420 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:34 am

Kohran, what you are talking about is completely different then coming on a company's forum asking for help, all while admitting you are using cracked software.

You are comparing apples to oranges man, two completely different things.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

Korhan

Post by Korhan » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:39 am

Hey kb420,

I think you guys are actually encouraging him to never buy Live by treating him the way you do. People like us who have been dedicated users of Live should act like salespeople not like fanatics or extremists. If he asks for a question on a forum, someone should kindly tell him that this forum is for registered users of live and that he should seek his answers somewhere else.

I think I was comparing apples with pears... they are somewhat similar :D

Korhan
Computer: MBP M1Pro 32GB 1TB, MixPre 6 MKII
Hardware: Syntrx II, Matriarch, Hydrasynth, Minifreak, Nord Drum 2, Modular (mainly Make Noise)
Controllers: Push 3, Launchpad Mk3, Launch Control, Sensel Morph, PC4, Nanokontrol

rustyman1

Post by rustyman1 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:08 am

look how much I get you dumb fUx to write I bet you wont stop and in that I win. lamers I still got what you got for free and that is a fact you have to live with i how you dream of me downloading this .hahahahahah.......muahahahaha!!!!

rustyman1

Post by rustyman1 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:10 am

edit: 6 pages and counting.............

beatpoet

Post by beatpoet » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:23 am

FFS, where are the mods. Why is the op not banned ? The people who helped this fuckwit should be banned also IMO.

What's the feeling on restricting the forum to registered users only ? It's real easy to pick up a free copy of Live Lite so nobody but people like this fuckwit would be locked out.

dom

Post by dom » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:50 am

Actually we really don't want to restrict the forum to registered users - it is a good thing that you can come and join without owning Live yet and get an impression about the community etc.

On the other side:
What rustyman is doing here is totally over the top, while at the same time it is still a bit sad that so many people fall for the trolling - we should have learned by know that ignoring it is the only thing that helps.

As it is a bit late for that now i just froze his account - not something we love to do but i can't see him contributing anything else at the moment.
If he wants to join the good side of the force he can always contact us.

Just let this thread fade away while we take care about him.

Best,
Dom
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

andydes

Post by andydes » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:33 pm

dom wrote:Actually we really don't want to restrict the forum to registered users - it is a good thing that you can come and join without owning Live yet and get an impression about the community etc.

On the other side:
What rustyman is doing here is totally over the top, while at the same time it is still a bit sad that so many people fall for the trolling - we should have learned by know that ignoring it is the only thing that helps.

As it is a bit late for that now i just froze his account - not something we love to do but i can't see him contributing anything else at the moment.

Best,
Dom
What you should have done is track him down from his IP address, break into his house, open up his computer and defecate on his hard drive.

It’s his attitude that get me more than his use of cracks.

The whiney little prick's boasting that he's downloaded “everything any of us could dream of”. Be a shame in Waves found out somehow :wink:

forge

Post by forge » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:44 pm

andydes wrote:
dom wrote:Actually we really don't want to restrict the forum to registered users - it is a good thing that you can come and join without owning Live yet and get an impression about the community etc.

On the other side:

Best,
Dom
What you should have done is track him down from his IP address, break into his house, open up his computer and defecate on his hard drive.

It’s his attitude that get me more than his use of cracks.

The whiney little prick's boasting that he's downloaded “everything any of us could dream of”. Be a shame in Waves found out somehow :wink:
"whiney little prick" who has now had 6 pages worth of attention on the Ableton forum, which every single bump adds too...including mine! 8O :oops:

I agree though - should send the link to Waves, they'd have Mossad round his house in no time!

ultrasonyk

Post by ultrasonyk » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:05 pm

This kind of discussion here is so typical for this forum.
As useless as it can be. This kid cracked the software,whooo!
Did he discover america? (i mean, was he the first one). no.
Maybe he was just trying out the program, before buying it.
But i bet, after 6 pages of flaming, he wouldn't even spend 1 $
for Ableton Live.

Don't miss my point. He probably would never buy the software anyway,
and then asking here for help is stupid. But most of you
should be adults, i guess. So *beep* that kid and let him use this
cracked software. He will never figure out how to get working it anyway.
Instead of emberassing yourself in the official vendor's forum, try
to spend your time on something productive, Making music for example..

six_o_clock_crow
Location: Portsmouth: small town near Havant & Waterlooville, UK

Post by six_o_clock_crow » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:51 pm

ultrasonyk wrote:This kind of discussion here is so typical for this forum.
As useless as it can be. This kid cracked the software,whooo!
Did he discover america? (i mean, was he the first one). no.
Maybe he was just trying out the program, before buying it.
But i bet, after 6 pages of flaming, he wouldn't even spend 1 $
for Ableton Live.

Don't miss my point. He probably would never buy the software anyway,
and then asking here for help is stupid. But most of you
should be adults, i guess. So *beep* that kid and let him use this
cracked software. He will never figure out how to get working it anyway.
Instead of emberassing yourself in the official vendor's forum, try
to spend your time on something productive, Making music for example..
"They came first for the Communists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist;

And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist;

And then they came for the Jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew;

And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up"

Or in less dramatic, overblown, alternative words... I absolutely believe that someone coming on the forum with a cracked version of the software deserves all the flaming they get. Someone has to make a stand, because ultimately it's wrong!

I just don't get it. If you want to road test the software well, guess what, there is a DEMO available. If you are skint there is a cut down cheaper LE version available, second hand copies on Ebay, and 'lite' versions that come with loads of hardware. There is loads of legitimate, free software out there. In other words, no need to steal.
HARDWARE:
Vaio laptop / M-Audio Transit / Zoom H2 /
Alesis M1 Active 520's / Sennheiser EH2200's
Behringer BCR2000 / misc. instruments & toys

SOFTWARE:
Live 7 / Sound Forge Audio Studio

dom

Post by dom » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:54 pm

dom wrote:Just let this thread fade away while we take care about him.
ableton support team
support@ableton.com