my first livepack....free

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
v00d00ppl

my first livepack....free

Post by v00d00ppl » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:34 pm

ok let me know if it installs right.

all the sounds in this livepack were made from dollar bin records. They were 33rpms that were recorded at 45rpm then transposed down in the drumracks.

I used a shure m97xe needle to sample with onto my emu 1616m and did a lot of the chopping and sound editing in adobe audition 3.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V7SN0IQC
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

Keddy

Post by Keddy » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:36 pm

will be checking this out!
Inspiron 1520 - XP SP3 - Ableton Live7 - Reason 4 - M-Audio Axiom25 - Novation ReMote ZeroSL - Korg PadKontrol - M-Audio MobilePre - Ibanez SGR Bass - Hilo Ukulele

theque

Post by theque » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:00 am

whats it called? i installed it but i cant find it

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:42 am

theque wrote:whats it called? i installed it but i cant find it
it's called volume1.alp

or under volume 1

let me know if you still can't find it
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

theque

Post by theque » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:31 am

hey voodoo mama, installed again, cant find it through the browsers or in live packs in system preferences. sorry if i am being retarded.

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:49 am

theque wrote:hey voodoo mama, installed again, cant find it through the browsers or in live packs in system preferences. sorry if i am being retarded.
it looks like the sounds were only packed and not the kits, i'll work on it tomorrow an post it up by then

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:49 pm

Ok, the manual is poorly written and hard to understand on how to keep the presets within a liavepack so i am going about it another way.

unzip the file into a folder you want then go into the folder and there should be 11 adg files or kits i made so when you are in live's browser you should be able to double click each kit and work with it like that.

kit names are
85jvcbox
305skit
Bahia
beehive
blue room
doctor
marvin
land rover
henry h.
harvey
garage job

try to install it in your main library folder and move the ,adg fies into live's preset folders.

can anyone help me on how to pack my presets the right way?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JYVGTNIY

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:06 pm

hey man,
after you make your set, do a collect and save. Then, go to file, manage files, manage project, and then "unused samples". Delete the unused samples before you distribute. "show" the unused samples, and then use Live's browser to delete them.

after that, go back to "manage project" , and under "packing" select create live pack. That should do it.

people will install the Live pack, then within Live's browser right click and select "manage project". Under manage project they will select "export" and it will export the presets to the library. phew. that's it

also, for your drum racks, for your hi hat sounds you enable a hi pass filter to get rid of the kick drum that's in the background, resulting in a much cleaner sound. I don't know if this is desired or not, but you see what i'm sayin. Thanks again and keep at it!
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:02 am

Jekblad wrote:hey man,
after you make your set, do a collect and save. Then, go to file, manage files, manage project, and then "unused samples". Delete the unused samples before you distribute. "show" the unused samples, and then use Live's browser to delete them.

after that, go back to "manage project" , and under "packing" select create live pack. That should do it.

people will install the Live pack, then within Live's browser right click and select "manage project". Under manage project they will select "export" and it will export the presets to the library. phew. that's it

also, for your drum racks, for your hi hat sounds you enable a hi pass filter to get rid of the kick drum that's in the background, resulting in a much cleaner sound. I don't know if this is desired or not, but you see what i'm sayin. Thanks again and keep at it!
yea, thanks for all the info, i am about to go repack it again more professionally....

and yes those hi hats are meant to sound clean. The whole intention of this live pack was to show what 20 dollar bin records can make. Everyone thinks you need to get the same records as pete rock or dj shadow, wrong!!! So each kit is devised of 2 records where i chopped little fragments of sound and tried to mesh them together just by messing with the transpose function within the drum racks.

This kit was also meant to show how sampling a 33rpm at 45rpm and then pitching it down can change the overall tone of the sound especially with something like guitars or horns. With all the natural compression going on, even as a 24 bit recording it adds a bit of low end to the sound.

hope that helps explains things.

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:27 am

sweet. i think the sounds are pretty cool

if you want them to sound cleaner, i would def enable the hi pass filter on the hat sounds and low pass filter on the kick drum sounds, maybe an eq 3 on the snare stuff if the bleed is really bad. that way when you go to hit a hi hat sound you get a hi hat sound vs hi hat PLUS kick drum.

that'll sound tight!
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent