[amo] Ctrl + Alt + P bug?

jbone1313

[amo] Ctrl + Alt + P bug?

Post by jbone1313 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:44 pm

It seems that a plugin must be opened at least one time before Ctrl+Alt+P will work in a saved Live set.

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:10 pm

It's always been that way AFAIK

jbone1313

Post by jbone1313 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:21 pm

I reported earlier (on the main forum) that it was working great now. It does seem to work better and more consistently, except for the fact that a plugin must be opened at least one time before Ctrl+Alt+P will work in a saved Live set.

It seems like this would be both and easy and worthwhile fix.

To me, its a great work flow enhancer. Wouldn't it be nice to just use a simple shortcut to open the plugin instead of clicking on that little button?

Frank Hoffmann

Post by Frank Hoffmann » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:24 am

As written in the manual:
"You can use the View menu's Show/Hide Plug-In Windows command or the Ctrl Alt P (PC) / Alt P (Mac) shortcut to hide and show your open plug-in windows. "

Therefore the behaviour is as intended. It is ment to hide the plug-in windows if they are in the way and to reopen the previous state when you need them again.

We do not safe the state of the plug-in window into the set for a similar reason. When you open the set again, the plug-in windows might hide important portions of the song you want to work with.

A shortcut to open a plug-in window would be desirable. But if you use more than one plug-in in a track, which one should be opened? There is no simple answer that satisfies all workflows.
Frank Hoffmann
hoffmann@ableton.com

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:04 pm

Hi,

I assume you've read the answer here, I lock the thread and will be moving it out very soon.

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team