[jok] Selecting specific 'midi to' destination causes noise

3rdordertrauma

[jok] Selecting specific 'midi to' destination causes noise

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:52 am

Here is the scenario. I've got 4 midi tracks all routed to an instrument track which contains a Drum Rack.

I select "5-Drum Rack" as my destination in the upper "midi to" drop down. By default the lower drop down selects "Track In". Everything works fine like this.

If I now select "Drum Rack" in the lower drop down... everything is still fine.

The problem comes in here. Select a specific destination in the lower drop down... for example just the kick drum slot of the drum rack and a bunch of noise is now introduced to the drum sample. It makes the sample sound bit crushed and very lofi.

Can anyone reproduce this? I've sent a bug snapshot.

BTW I've just dragged in one shot drum samples to cells on the drum rack, so samples are playing from the default simpler. Original samples are 16bit 44.1 and Live session is also at 16bit 44.1.

MBP - OS 10.5.6 - Core Audio - Live 8b6

3rdordertrauma

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:47 am

BUMP

Anyone recreate this?

siliconarc

Post by siliconarc » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:56 pm

selecting the individual drumrack's hits in the Midi To box bypasses the drumrack's rerouting of all notes to C3, so you hear the drum sound being played pitched down. it's not a bug, just the way it works, same as L7.

3rdordertrauma

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:45 pm

:oops: going back under my rock now.... thanks for the bitch slap garyboozy. My head must have been pretty far up me arse not to hear they were pitched down.