Reason 4 Not Playing Back MIDI Sent from Live 6

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Naive Teen Idol

Reason 4 Not Playing Back MIDI Sent from Live 6

Post by Naive Teen Idol » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:52 pm

Has anyone else had this problem? If I record a MIDI track in Live 6.10 and send the MIDI to an instrument in Reason via Rewire, it just doesn't play? It's weird b/c when I arm the track in Live, Reason plays fine. It's just that the clip/track won't during playback.

Anyone?
MacBook 2 GHz Intel CoreDuo, 2GB RAM, Live 6.10, Reason 4.01, Reaktor 5.14, Novation Remote SL 25, GForce Oddity, TimewARP 2600, Arturia CS-80V 2, UC-33e, M-Audio FastTrack Pro, Roland Jupiter 6 w Europa mod

sdmiddleton

Post by sdmiddleton » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:09 pm

Hi,

I'm sure you've probably exhausted most of these options already but normally if its a MIDI only channel, i.e. not setup with an external instrument routed to Reason, Live will need to have is own dedicated Audio channel receiving from the Reason Mixer...

If not, you could always try the Monitor In button on the midi track if you want to hear the reason instrument whilst playing when the track instead of having to have the track armed to record....

Hope this helps?

Naive Teen Idol

Post by Naive Teen Idol » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:17 pm

Sorry, I think I wasn't being clear. It's not that I don't get audio. It's that Live isn't sending MIDI to Reason on playback. If I record the MIDI in Reason and play it back into Live via a return track, it works fine. But if I record the MIDI into Live and send the MIDI Out to Reason and <Instrument>, while it plays fine as I'm recording it, it won't play back.

It seems like some kind of Rewire problem, I would imagine.
MacBook 2 GHz Intel CoreDuo, 2GB RAM, Live 6.10, Reason 4.01, Reaktor 5.14, Novation Remote SL 25, GForce Oddity, TimewARP 2600, Arturia CS-80V 2, UC-33e, M-Audio FastTrack Pro, Roland Jupiter 6 w Europa mod

sdmiddleton

Post by sdmiddleton » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:17 am

Are you definitely triggering the Reason instrument through Live, i.e. you have unlinked your Midi Controller from the Reason instrument in the Reason Window?

If its playing when you're record ok when completely triggered through Live, Not the instrument driectly attached to the Midi Controller, i can only imagine its a monitoring issue... Monitoring would need to be set to Auto on playback. I hope its as simple as that, if not does seem like a fundamental rewire fault??? Hope U sort it..