[4806][4807] crash when crop/drop a sample in the clip view

Nokatus

[4806][4807] crash when crop/drop a sample in the clip view

Post by Nokatus » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:46 pm

I get a crash consistently when selecting a portion of a sample in the clip view and trying to crop it using the crop function in the right click menu.

Also, if I drop another sample on top of the waveform in the clip view, it results in a crash every time.

The warp mode being used has no effect on these crashes.

astar

Post by astar » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:13 am

Hello, I am getting similar crashes.

I can always recreate the crash in clip view with a drum loop by double-clicking the second pseudo-transient in a clip to make it turn yellow, then moving the start of the loop marker and start marker to line up with this 2nd transient. After that I right click the waveform and choose "Crop" and then Live crashes.

The other frustrating thing is after the crash, the live process stays alive and I am unable to kill it in task manager or by using Windows command line. I have to reboot to kill the process.

I'm using XP SP3.
Asus A8JS, Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 2GHz, 2GB DDR2 667Mhz, 100GB 5400RPM SATA, Echo Indigo IOX, Windows XP SP3, Live 8.0.5

dubspace

Post by dubspace » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:41 am

The same here on MacBook Pro with Leopard 10.5.6.

Sample Crop always Crash since Live8b11.

theintrovert

Post by theintrovert » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:27 pm

I also encountered this crash, on a boxed PC running XP SP 3, 2GB memory.

Another weird thing just prior the crash was this:

* Had a loop loaded and running
* Performed "Warp to 4 bars"
* Not happy with the result I did Undo. What happened was that the entire clip disappeared, with the error "Could not locate waveform file" or similar.
* Performing a Redo made the clip appear again!

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:33 pm

theintrovert wrote:I also encountered this crash, on a boxed PC running XP SP 3, 2GB memory.

Another weird thing just prior the crash was this:

* Had a loop loaded and running
* Performed "Warp to 4 bars"
* Not happy with the result I did Undo. What happened was that the entire clip disappeared, with the error "Could not locate waveform file" or similar.
* Performing a Redo made the clip appear again!
Hi,

You should report different issues in different threads, as otherwise it makes it near to impossible for us to follow individual bugs. So, one issue = one thread is the golden rule!

Fortunately (sort of), the issue you're describing is known, so there is no need to report it again.

Kind regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

9thcloud

Post by 9thcloud » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:21 pm

same as dubplace here

crashes every time when croping clip in session view
(with global play on or off is the same)

MacBook Pro with Leopard 10.5.6.
Live8b11.

theintrovert

Post by theintrovert » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:09 pm

@Amaury: Yes, my apologies, but as it was part of a chain of things I did, I wanted to keep them together until I could verify that it was two bugs (and not two symptoms caused by the sequence of events)

Upon managing to reproduce the second bug in isolation, I saw that it had been reported in a new thread. Sorry for the confusion.

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:12 pm

theintrovert wrote:@Amaury: Yes, my apologies, but as it was part of a chain of things I did, I wanted to keep them together until I could verify that it was two bugs (and not two symptoms caused by the sequence of events)

Upon managing to reproduce the second bug in isolation, I saw that it had been reported in a new thread. Sorry for the confusion.
No problem. It's very fine to give as much precise steps, even if it turns out to be more simple to reproduce. You can always try narrowing the steps, of course.

Also, no worries about duplicate bug reports. Better twice than none!

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

bobseekone

Confirm fixed in Beta 12

Post by bobseekone » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:52 am

I re-did the steps that I reported in http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?t=107940 and and now beta 12 does not crash. Excellent - thank you!

Amaury

Re: [4806][4807] crash when crop/drop a sample in the clip view

Post by Amaury » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:13 am

Hi,

This is fixed for a while now, in beta 12 in fact. I moved the topic away. Please open a new one if you experience other problems.

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team