[OT]do you have an apocalypse survival plan?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

do you have a post socio-economic collapse plan

a what? Buddy, I'm just thinking about phatt beatzz
23%
I've got a half-arsed idea of driving into the country and stealing carrots
29%
I have a bag with a weapon and an escape route planned
17%
I have a secret hideaway, filled with guns and food
9%
I am already sat in a secret hidaway, filled with guns and food
23%

Total votes: 70

GrooveNinja

Post by GrooveNinja » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:01 am

Tone Deft wrote:LAGLMAO!!

(literally actually genuinely laughing my ass off!)

BRAAAAAINS!!
Oh, my, that is hilarious!

GrooveNinja

Post by GrooveNinja » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:05 am

Live Brains!

jamester

Post by jamester » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:28 am

LMFAO!!! :lol:
Purrrfect Audio PC by Jim Roseberry
Edirol UA-1000, Korg PadKontrol, Dynaudio BM 5A's
REAPER, Live, Sound Forge

forge

Post by forge » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:43 am

well while we're into the paranoid end of the world shit - this thread sent me on an apocalyptic youtube tangent

what do you make of this fucker?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I196e-Nnc0

eisnein

Post by eisnein » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:16 am

you all do realize that the "zombies" are actually humanoid hybrid's CREATED by Halliburton like corporations right? 8O
second class robot

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:02 am

eisnein wrote:humanoid hybrid's CREATED by Halliburton
again with the 's!!!

'no zombie left behind' my ass!

In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Chang

Post by Chang » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:11 am

forge wrote:well while we're into the paranoid end of the world shit - this thread sent me on an apocalyptic youtube tangent

what do you make of this fucker?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I196e-Nnc0

Hes got to be fake. Part of what he say could be real I suppose, but I do not believe he is a part of it. The part about higher powers saying too many people on earth & not enough food so we must kill off the weak I believe.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:24 am

Chang wrote:Hes got to be fake. Part of what he say could be real I suppose, but I do not believe he is a part of it. The part about higher powers saying too many people on earth & not enough food so we must kill off the weak I believe.
justify your existence in 20 words or less or start cutting.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

bosonHavoc

Post by bosonHavoc » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:56 am

i'm going to start a church

deva

Post by deva » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:57 am

j2j wrote:
deva wrote:interesting... what an irony to have Obama, the great hope, be the one to nuke the U.S.
That is highly unlikely. Right now, the threat is from Iran, and not the USA home soil.
You were the one talking about the U.S. government nuking U.S. cities...

Chang

Post by Chang » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:12 am

deva wrote:
j2j wrote:
deva wrote:interesting... what an irony to have Obama, the great hope, be the one to nuke the U.S.
That is highly unlikely. Right now, the threat is from Iran, and not the USA home soil.

LOL. Yes, Iran is not a threat at all. The religious lunatic Mullahs are planning a trip to Disneyland later this year to study cotton candy. And eisnein, talk about naive.

:roll:

j2j

Post by j2j » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:39 pm

deva wrote:
j2j wrote:
FIRST OFF:

You were talking about it. Cause if IIRC, it was something you mentioned first, when you were ranting about the possibilities of civil war in the USA.

Second:

Keep it in the correct context, and don't twist my words.

I was talking about the U.S. governments policy of nuclear retaliation. It is the same thing for all the world powers. France, China, UK, Russia, etc.

They would all launch nuclear warheads, if they were attacked with nuclear warheads.

If you have a nuclear war, you would see nuclear warheads launched.

That is all I am saying.

Nuclear war would destroy the whole world, not just US cities.
too many lasers...

eisnein

Post by eisnein » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:02 pm

Chang wrote: LOL. Yes, Iran is not a threat at all. The religious lunatic Mullahs are planning a trip to Disneyland later this year to study cotton candy. And eisnein, talk about naive.

:roll:
why? you think they are actually dangerous? you think they are actually building nuclear weapons and not just trying to propel themselves out of the iron age and into the nuclear powered age? you realize how wealthy they could become if they were able to provide nuclear power to turkey and surrounding nations? (look at France's wealth par example).

Furthermore, where do you think those "religious lunatic Mullahs" came from? :roll: its so easy to point out "religious lunatics" in other nations without enjoying our own! Let's all watch "fireproof" with Kirk Cameron!

do you believe there is such thing as "clean coal"?...right... and let's not forget that "clean coal" was one of the largest contributors to Obama's campaign.

I apologize for posting such a potentially inflammatory response to Chang's statement but don't be shocked if I don't respond- I am just going to hide from the "human hybrid's" and prepare for my "foot" shortage in the woods!

And C'mon- how mature is it to call someone "naive". Way to flame.

to quote the prophetic Bill Hicks-

"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think that it's real, because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly coloured, and it's very loud and it's fun for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us. They say "Hey! Don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride." And we... kill those people. Ha ha ha. "Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride. Shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account and family. This just has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter because it's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourselves off. The eyes of love, instead, see all of us as one. Here's what you can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money that we spend on weapons and defence each year and instead spend it feeding, clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, for ever, in peace. "
second class robot

bosonHavoc

Post by bosonHavoc » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:39 pm

eisnein wrote:
to quote the prophetic Bill Hicks-

"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think that it's real, because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly coloured, and it's very loud and it's fun for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us. They say "Hey! Don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride." And we... kill those people. Ha ha ha. "Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride. Shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account and family. This just has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter because it's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourselves off. The eyes of love, instead, see all of us as one. Here's what you can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money that we spend on weapons and defence each year and instead spend it feeding, clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, for ever, in peace. "

man, i love bill hicks

deva

Post by deva » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:40 pm

j2j wrote: FIRST OFF:

You were talking about it. Cause if IIRC, it was something you mentioned first, when you were ranting about the possibilities of civil war in the USA.

Second:

Keep it in the correct context, and don't twist my words.
You were the one who brought up the U.S. nuclear arsenal in response to discussion of people in the U.S. wanting to keep their guns as protection against their own government. Since you brought it up, I asked if you thought the U.S. government would nuke U.S. cities and you said yes.

I've not twisted your words at all or changed the context... you however, are doing a fine job of that yourself.