[OT]do you have an apocalypse survival plan?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

do you have a post socio-economic collapse plan

a what? Buddy, I'm just thinking about phatt beatzz
23%
I've got a half-arsed idea of driving into the country and stealing carrots
29%
I have a bag with a weapon and an escape route planned
17%
I have a secret hideaway, filled with guns and food
9%
I am already sat in a secret hidaway, filled with guns and food
23%

Total votes: 70

GrooveNinja

Post by GrooveNinja » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:30 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
eisnein wrote:humanoid hybrid's CREATED by Halliburton
again with the 's!!!

'no zombie left behind' my ass!

Oh, my, that is just the best ever! I want a giant version of that poster to hang up on the side of my house!

j2j

Post by j2j » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:09 pm

deva wrote:You were the one who brought up the U.S. nuclear arsenal in response to discussion of people in the U.S. wanting to keep their guns as protection against their own government. Since you brought it up, I asked if you thought the U.S. government would nuke U.S. cities and you said yes.

No. I brought up the US nuclear arsenal, while discussing Vietnam and Afghanistan. I made a point about the warheads not being used in the interest of mankind. I don't think ANY nation want to go down the path of nuclear war.

You asked me, if I thought the US would launch nuclear weapons, during a civil war on its own soil. I said yes. I said yes, because my idea of a civil war inside the USA, is one of massive destruction. Drawing on the past, from just what is taught in school. The Civil War, was a very bloody, very deadly, very intense war.

I don't think the United States will ever see something like that again.

Actually, I believe we are moving to a time were governments are consolidating, and not splitting apart. Look at Europe as a model for this.

The United States, and many of the worlds greater powers, will launch nuclear weapons, in response to a nuclear attack. I think, that is the truth all of us on Earth, suffer under. That is why we have things like, "the doomsday clock," and "proliferation treaties."

I'm not trying to be morbid. I love my country. I hope I love all human life as well. I certainly don't want to see a nuclear war. I don't think it is such a strange discussion.

Don't worry about it...

Cheers...
too many lasers...

smartass303

Post by smartass303 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:37 pm

j2j wrote: Actually, I believe we are moving to a time were governments are consolidating, and not splitting apart. Look at Europe as a model for this.
hmm, consolidating? its more of a struggle for power for every nation inside the eu... everybody is looking only after the interests of their own ending in totally absurd decisions inside the european parliament.

europe is not a good role model for your kind of *consolodation* of national goverments,

j2j

Post by j2j » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:48 pm

smartass303 wrote:
j2j wrote: Actually, I believe we are moving to a time were governments are consolidating, and not splitting apart. Look at Europe as a model for this.
hmm, consolidating? its more of a struggle for power for every nation inside the eu... everybody is looking only after the interests of their own ending in totally absurd decisions inside the european parliament.

europe is not a good role model for your kind of *consolidation* of national governments,

Ok...

What do you mean, "my kind of consolidation." I didn't say Europe was a, "role," model. I said it was a model. I know Europe has tons of problems, and I certainly didn't say, "all governments will be consolidated by March 12, 2012."

I just think, we are moving toward consolidation. I meant it, in a very broad sense. I think, we will, maybe, start to see some consolidation in Africa next.

BUT..

I don't think, that I am defining consolidation here, to mean anything more than the dictionary definition of it.

There is a big problem on the net, with people reading exactly what they want to read. I said look at Europe as a model, imho, it is a pretty good model for several governments that are sharing a currency, and an economic environment. Is it a, "role," model? Probably not. But I never said it was.
too many lasers...

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:46 pm

j2j wrote:
deva wrote:You were the one who brought up the U.S. nuclear arsenal in response to discussion of people in the U.S. wanting to keep their guns as protection against their own government. Since you brought it up, I asked if you thought the U.S. government would nuke U.S. cities and you said yes.

No. I brought up the US nuclear arsenal, while discussing Vietnam and Afghanistan. I made a point about the warheads not being used in the interest of mankind. I don't think ANY nation want to go down the path of nuclear war.

You asked me, if I thought the US would launch nuclear weapons, during a civil war on its own soil. I said yes. I said yes, because my idea of a civil war inside the USA, is one of massive destruction. Drawing on the past, from just what is taught in school. The Civil War, was a very bloody, very deadly, very intense war.

I don't think the United States will ever see something like that again.

Actually, I believe we are moving to a time were governments are consolidating, and not splitting apart. Look at Europe as a model for this.

The United States, and many of the worlds greater powers, will launch nuclear weapons, in response to a nuclear attack. I think, that is the truth all of us on Earth, suffer under. That is why we have things like, "the doomsday clock," and "proliferation treaties."

I'm not trying to be morbid. I love my country. I hope I love all human life as well. I certainly don't want to see a nuclear war. I don't think it is such a strange discussion.

Don't worry about it...

Cheers...
what a crock of shit.

nerve gas works fine for zombies, nuking our own cities would only happen if aliens invaded and we know that won't happen because they're already walking among us.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:41 pm

Unsound Designer

GrooveNinja

Post by GrooveNinja » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:48 pm

stringtapper wrote:Image
"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubble gum!"

GrooveNinja

Post by GrooveNinja » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:57 pm

You don't even need the glasses for this one:

Is an further proof that aliens are among us necessary?

GrooveNinja

Post by GrooveNinja » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:59 pm

Just in case you are still in doubt:

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:21 am

Shit, I have to exercise more, Madona has bigger guns than I do. 8O

Then again, that would be pretty cool. Some asshole starts trash with you in a bar and your old lady beats him up. :lol:

GrooveNinja

Post by GrooveNinja » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:08 pm

Machinesworking wrote: Then again, that would be pretty cool. Some asshole starts trash with you in a bar and your old lady beats him up. :lol:
I always let my Girl take care of the assholes. It is much more humiliating for them that way.

jeskola

Post by jeskola » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:18 pm

GrooveNinja wrote:Just in case you are still in doubt:

Thats a hefty tricep.