Did you buy yourself anything for X-mas?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
futureproof

Did you buy yourself anything for X-mas?

Post by futureproof » Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:54 am

Being the selfish bastard that I am I decided to by myself a X-mas gift.....

so I searched around a bit on KVR, read some reviews etc etc and decided to buy Wusikstation after DLing the demo. Still havent recieved the link to DL the files yet but I've been playing with the demo and its excellent!! Also, due to a KVR group buy I was able to get it for $49 8O

Happy New Year everyone!!
"THE biggest differences between Live 3 & 4 are the things that Live 4 have that are missing in Live 3"

-some dude on KVR.

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:02 am

Cheers,

I got Wusikstation as well - from the group buy. That's a steal at $49.95! haven't really gotten time to play around with it, though.

Well, I'm still paying for my G2 - so I'd better chill with the purchases. :wink:

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:30 pm

bought myself the Painkiller box set (grind/jazz)

smutek

Post by smutek » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:19 pm

I may be the most selfish of all, after shopping for my wife I bought myself "Pony PLaystation" by Pantytek, one of the most deliciously quirky yet funky releases I have heard in quite sometime. I think this has been out for a while, on Perlon, but I hadn't heard it. I highly recomend it to any fans of quirky, funky, minimal techno.

With Xmas money from the father in the law, and on the recomendation of another board member, I bought eMedias Piano and keyboard Method.

Today, with Xmas money from my Mom I am going to get my self a few new records.

8)

toneroll

Post by toneroll » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:26 pm

got me a g2 engine, how you like it lo fi? heard some demos but i know they cant be doing it justice, and also treated myself to a powercore compact.. yum yum :lol: come on UPS !!!!
there used to be a well cheesy "sig." here

Amberience

Post by Amberience » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:31 pm

I bought myself a few dvd's. I got Orange County, Stigmata, The Office series 1, 2, and the xmas specials, and I also got Ricky Gervais' Politics standup show.

Oh, and Unreal Tournament 2004 :D

I love boxing day sales! :wink:

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:34 pm

hehehe,
we dont celebrate boxing day here, unless you count the Pacers throwing down against some Pistons fans. But there was a good holiday sale on the first Half-Life game @ K-mart. $3.50 USD!!!

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:43 pm

I'll be getting a Yamaha AN200 groovebox/synth second hand tomorrow, hopefully. Munchies.

-Paws

Hypomixolydian

Re: Did you buy yourself anything for X-mas?

Post by Hypomixolydian » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:30 pm

futureproof wrote:Being the selfish bastard that I am I decided to by myself a X-mas gift.....

so I searched around a bit on KVR, read some reviews etc etc and decided to buy Wusikstation after DLing the demo. Still havent recieved the link to DL the files yet but I've been playing with the demo and its excellent!! Also, due to a KVR group buy I was able to get it for $49 8O

Is that group buy still going??? It sounds like an intersting synth?

Amberience

Post by Amberience » Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:16 pm

AdamJay wrote:hehehe,
we dont celebrate boxing day here, unless you count the Pacers throwing down against some Pistons fans. But there was a good holiday sale on the first Half-Life game @ K-mart. $3.50 USD!!!
Yeah. HL was for sale at £5.99 too in the UK in GAME. I nearly bought HL2, but I prefered to get UT2k4. Gotta get a new graphic card soon though. :roll:

ryo74

Post by ryo74 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:23 pm

Juz got myself a brand new 40 Gb iPod Photo!!.........(after losing my iPod Mini on a bus..........) :cry:
15" PowerBook G4 FW800,1.67 Ghz,512,Live 4,Reason 2.5,ReCycle 2.1,FW410,Ozone.

DJ Precious

Post by DJ Precious » Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:39 pm

My x-mas present is going to be a lame $500 payment to Visa. Pay for some gear I bought many moons ago.

First thing I buy in 2005 will be another 512 of ram for the oldee G5.

I heard the new piano Ivory the other day. Wow. If I could play anything more substantial than chopsticks and the Peanuts theme song I'd buy that.

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Re: Did you buy yourself anything for X-mas?

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:26 pm

Astral Fridge Magnet wrote:
futureproof wrote:Being the selfish bastard that I am I decided to by myself a X-mas gift.....

Is that group buy still going??? It sounds like an intersting synth?
It's on until the end of December. Check out wusik.com!

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:28 pm

toneroll wrote:got me a g2 engine, how you like it lo fi? heard some demos but i know they cant be doing it justice, and also treated myself to a powercore compact.. yum yum :lol: come on UPS !!!!
Well I've got the keys version and it's a treat. There's so much to learn, though. So many sounds to be made. So many presets to play around with. But so little time...

I bet you'll enjoy your engine!

ultrasource

Post by ultrasource » Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:52 pm

M-Audio Audiophile firewire, UC-33e, and a rack bag tricked out with sliding drawers, and mounts for everything I need. Looking back, I should have ordered some nice monitors but I'm not gonna whine like the spoiled bitch that I am.