Analog and Virtual analag hardware synths

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:09 pm

hey xh9o, are you a douche bag? if so, post any reply at all.

thanks.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

Nokatus

Post by Nokatus » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:18 pm

xh9o wrote:its less important if you love (yourself while) making music, its more important how much you love music.
Yes!
xh9o wrote:the digital/analog is totally irrelevant for writing harmonies and songs.
Spot on. This is also why I think your comment at the beginning of this thread, "by listening to your music i must doubt you really hear where analog takes its value from", is rather empty bickering in the end.

Loving music and expressing yourself with your chosen tools is a far superior notion than your, or my, or someone else's opinion on digital/analog. As you have pointed out, you have shunned pre-conceived standards and want to take your own path, so you should also beware (again, you wouldn't call it that, but I would) dictating just another standard by resorting to authorities when you want to demonstrate your own superiority. "There is enough people on the same side with me", "real pros", that's as empty talk as any.

As you're saying on page two "i really can´t waste more time with silly internet people", but you're still going on after hitting page thirteen, it speaks more loudly of your stature than such anecdotes.
xh9o wrote:i just explain why i prefer the way i do work against your way to work.
Respectfully, you don't know my way to work.
xh9o wrote:and for me it was great fun to confront all your personal and vain opinions with simple facts, and while that giving the truth the privilege to be my opinion. great fun, thanks for all.
In my personal and vain opinion, there are vast worlds of music to be explored and expressed in acoustic, electronic, and in the latter case both analog and purely digitally synthesized means (that is, sources which, by their nature, can't be realized using analog circuitry in the first place). Beautiful albums have been and will be released using every method conceivable, and combinations thereof. There's hell of a lot interesting digital stuff going on right now, and its musical uses are far more important and far reaching than petty bickering.

As for me, it was also great fun to confront your personal opinions, briefly, with my own - while the truth is most probably somewhere else to be found. Thanks, and take care.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:18 pm

xh9o wrote:i would not consider me a musician.
I had an inkling this was the case the way you kept using the term "songwriting." That's very telling of a narrow pop-centric approach to creating music. Which is fine. I do plenty of that myself. But to talk about "songwriting" as if you're speaking of the end-all-be-all of musical creation is naïve at best.

[/classical music snob rant]
Unsound Designer

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:20 pm

ok I've had enough of this lovely thread :)

I'm taking my tube test to another thread...join me if you like :)

xh9o

Post by xh9o » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:26 pm

stringtapper wrote:
xh9o wrote:i would not consider me a musician.
I had an inkling this was the case the way you kept using the term "songwriting." That's very telling of a narrow pop-centric approach to creating music. Which is fine. I do plenty of that myself. But to talk about "songwriting" as if you're speaking of the end-all-be-all of musical creation is naïve at best.

no its naive to call pop the only way of songwriting. nearly every better track is somehow a song, though it often differs from pop music formatation and the very direct approach of that format. but i don´t see the point of what you try to say. maybe there is no.
Last edited by xh9o on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-

feel her fountain....
she dies.

live7 battery synthlite2 matrix1000 synplant operator moogfilter transverb lofi retrodelay

xh9o

Post by xh9o » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pm

@nokatus

so much words, but hell, whatever answer would only repeat myelf. so...
-

feel her fountain....
she dies.

live7 battery synthlite2 matrix1000 synplant operator moogfilter transverb lofi retrodelay

xh9o

Post by xh9o » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:28 pm

Johnisfaster wrote:hey xh9o, are you a douche bag? if so, post any reply at all.

thanks.

whatever you need to feel better.
-

feel her fountain....
she dies.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:32 pm

xh9o wrote:
Johnisfaster wrote:hey xh9o, are you a douche bag? if so, post any reply at all.

thanks.

I totally do.

look everyone, he admits it!
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

xh9o

Post by xh9o » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:35 pm

Johnisfaster wrote:
xh9o wrote:

thanks.

I totally do.

yeah i admit it again: you are king, i´m twat. on that virtual platform, just for you. ain´t that supergreat for you? not the twat yourself this time... hell, lets celebrate it.
-

feel her fountain....
she dies.

adventurepants_

Post by adventurepants_ » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:42 pm

xh9o wrote:
and for me it was great fun to confront all your personal and vain opinions with simple facts, and while that giving the truth the privilege to be my opinion. great fun, thanks for all.
this sounds like the output of a random sentence generator.
nathannn wrote:i will block everyone on this forum if i have to.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:44 pm

xh9o wrote:
Johnisfaster wrote:
xh9o wrote:
I totally do.

yeah i admit it again: you are king, i´m twat. on that virtual platform, just for you. ain´t that supergreat for you? not the twat yourself this time... hell, lets celebrate it.
hey, at least you got one thing right in this thread.

xh9o

Post by xh9o » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:47 pm

adventurepants_ wrote:
xh9o wrote:
and for me it was great fun to confront all your personal and vain opinions with simple facts, and while that giving the truth the privilege to be my opinion. great fun, thanks for all.

but who are you? ...
-

feel her fountain....
she dies.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:49 pm

adventurepants_ wrote:
xh9o wrote:
I was thinking the same thing yesturday. I wouldn't be surprised if he was using one.

xh9o

Post by xh9o » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:51 pm

its not random, its just german. we were allowed/forced to think longer than "i..." since adolf broke.
-

feel her fountain....
she dies.

adventurepants_

Post by adventurepants_ » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:52 pm

xh9o wrote:
adventurepants_ wrote:
xh9o wrote:

but who are you? ...
Im a screen scraper programmed by Haliburton.
nathannn wrote:i will block everyone on this forum if i have to.