Analog and Virtual analag hardware synths

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
xh9o

Post by xh9o » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:37 pm

Machinesworking wrote:Now it makes sense to me why they drive VW bugs, the Hitler car! 8O

ok, yesterday it was the jews who were the evil of this world. now its the vegetarians. maybe your "brains" really are controlled by some (digital?) bugs. your goverment should program the next gen of it in 64 bit resolution, maybe harder to discover within a crowd of analog and bug free brains.
-

feel her fountain....
she dies.

live7 battery synthlite2 matrix1000 synplant operator moogfilter transverb lofi retrodelay

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:39 pm

xh9o wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:Now it makes sense to me why they drive VW bugs, the Hitler car! 8O

ok, yesterday it was the jews who were the evil of this world. now its the vegetarians. maybe your "brains" really are controlled by some (digital?) bugs.
no no, the Jews are still evil.

the worst is a vegetarian Jew. You gotta watch your kids around those people (if you can even call them people)
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

xh9o

Post by xh9o » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:42 pm

ehm but wouldn´t a vegetarian jude not just kill himself?
-

feel her fountain....
she dies.

live7 battery synthlite2 matrix1000 synplant operator moogfilter transverb lofi retrodelay

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:44 pm

xh9o wrote:ehm but wouldn´t a vegetarian jude not just kill himself?
nah, they are like daywalkers are to vampires. but they don't use swords.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

adhmzaiusz

Post by adhmzaiusz » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:13 am

seriously this thread should be renamed or deleted

its not even on topic anymore. go start an argument thread. im tired of reading about people trying to defend their dignity and convincing others whos got the better argument.
... id rather read about synths.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:54 am

xh9o wrote: it brightens and cleans the analog signal a little bit up. but without digital artifacts as we know it from dsp based stuff, there is really a big gap between. and cleaning a dirty one up is more natural to me than giving artificial analog dirt to something clean digital. thats way pervert btw.
I got bored, practice was cancelled today, so I made a little test, it's not scientifically perfect, levels are a little off, but it is six synths, triangle/sawtooth waveforms, low pass filter cut off frequency at half, resonance/emphasis at zero. No modulation, and as close to one oscillator as some of them could get.

One is a tube synth. The other five consist of one hybrid with waveforms for oscillators and an analog filter, two software synths, neither VAs, and two pure analog synths. It's my contention that though they all sound subtly different, (some of that due to me not getting too pure about making sure the sounds were similar) the only obvious synth there is the tube. Recorded into an RME Fireface 800, at 24 bit 44.1khz.

PM me for the Rapidshare, as you only get 10 downloads, I'm curious as to if you can tell the difference, as there are holy grails of analog synths in there, as well as synths you knocked in this thread. ;)

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:57 am

Johnisfaster wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:
Johnisfaster wrote: it's true though, all vegetarians support the genocide of Jews.

it's a little known fact about them. One of them gave me a pamphlet at the health food store the other day and I was like "hm, how bout that"
Now it makes sense to me why they drive VW bugs, the Hitler car! 8O
can you believe the pamphlet was actually called "genocide - how does it fit in to your life?"

on the back it talked a bit about keeping genocide green, using only natural gasses that kill Jews but don't destroy the environment. Interesting stuff for sure.
:lol:

Oh god that hurts!!

I'll bet you're also happy t-shirt-hell isn't closing it's doors! :)

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:06 am

Not trying to flood this, but!

PM me for a not too scientific Analog VS Digital Osc test!

10 slots available, guess which is which, amaze your friends!

Well, if you're friends are as geeked out as we are anyway! :oops:

Could use 9 objective viewpoints. Test consists of 6 synths successively playing one note (exciting yes?), one tube, two soft synths, two analog, one hybrid. Name the order they're played in correctly and amaze other geeks! One geek to rule them all!

xh9o

Post by xh9o » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:22 am

playing one note is too less for a test worth the time.
-

feel her fountain....
she dies.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:34 am

xh9o wrote:playing one note is too less for a test worth the time.
Auf Deutsch bitte. You're obviously having some trouble making sense in English.
Unsound Designer

xh9o

Post by xh9o » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:36 am

stringtapper wrote:Auf Deutsch bitte. You're obviously having some trouble making sense in English.

rating: 8/20 valiums
-

feel her fountain....
she dies.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:40 am

xh9o wrote:playing one note is too less for a test worth the time.
So you admit you wouldn't be able to tell? great, have some humility then, otherwise PM me like others have, and show how well you can HEAR an analog synth VS a digital one. I'm not jumping through your hoops on this, a single note is as scientific as this can get, and you know it.

I love analog synths more than you do probably, but you aren't at all aware of why they are interesting at all, and are going about making yourself look worse and worse. Man up and take the test.

xh9o

Post by xh9o » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:46 am

Machinesworking wrote:a single note is as scientific as this can get, and you know it.

harhar. fuck off you idot.

and no, by one note i wouldn´t be able to decide between a dco and an analog controlled in every single case. but i would name the software synths for sure despite your shitty converters.
-

feel her fountain....
she dies.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:55 am

xh9o wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:a single note is as scientific as this can get, and you know it.

and no, by one note i wouldn´t be able to decide between a dco and an analog controlled in every single case. but i would name the software synths for sure despite your shitty converters.
Right, a Fireface 800 has shitty converters, who's the idiot? :roll:

There are literally thousands of analog MONO synths, a pad is not the issue here, you're backing away because you know you backed yourself in a corner, PERIOD!

adventurepants_

Post by adventurepants_ » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:12 am

xh9o wrote:

so nows your chance dude! do the test, and prove that youre not all teeth and no trousers.

or we can all go back to thinking youre the clueless 15 year old that you come across as.
nathannn wrote:i will block everyone on this forum if i have to.