lives new authorization scheme, stump the crackers?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Geezus

Post by Geezus » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:30 am

adventurepants_ wrote:
Geezus wrote:
adventurepants_ wrote:when youve finished digging, can you post your street address?

Id like to come over and help myself to any equipment you might have.

I personally have no problems bypassing DRM with a crack on software that Ive legitimately bought. But to complain about it without even buying the software is just super lame.
its perfectly legitimate to bitch about a authorization scheme before you buy the product. I dont have to buy cubase 4 to think that dongles suck. I dont have to buy live 8 to think that having to request permission to authorize my copy after the nth time would be annoying. I didnt have to buy any music cds from Sony to think that their scheme to install hidden DRM software on my computer was a shitty thing to do.

so kindly take your butthurt moralfag rage somewhere else please.
oh thats rich failbitch. you have moral angst about Sonys rootkit DRM when you had no intention of buying their CDs, just like you have no intention of buying Live, because you can get away with it. Thats fine, live your life but youre going to get a pasting when you come here looking for support and think that paid customers may be slightly interested in your asinine views.

About how many times do I have to write the words "I'm totally buying live 8" over and over in this fucking forum before your illiterate moral outraged brain understands the simple concept that I AM BUYING LIVE 8 DIPSHIT.

Also, you seem to find it difficult to understand the (apparently) overly complicated idea that it is indeed possible to have opinions of product features and limitations without purchasing said product. Shit if that weren't a legitimate possibility I wonder why the fuck any company bothers to highlight their product's features at all since nobody's opinion would fucking matter until they already bought it anyway.

In fact, I am of the opinion that a products authorization scheme is one of the FIRST things I factor in BEFORE buying it. I never bought cubase 4 because I dont want to use a fucking dongle. according to your logic I'm not allowed to have an opinion on having to use a dongle because I choose not to buy cubase because it uses a dongle. Brilliant logic there, how could I have been so stupid not to see it? I should go buy cubase right now so I can be pissed about using the thing I didn't want to use in the first place.

Cue blind moral outrage in 3....2.....

Parametex

Post by Parametex » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:44 am

Back to the topic at hand:

I think the smartest copy protection scheme is the one Ableton had going on some time ago that was these delayed authorization checks. Meaning that the program might work fine for some months or even half a year and then it suddenly would report an error when the user is actually totally hooked on the program already.

So when the program that you actually love and use stops working I think 500 seems like peanuts ...

P.

adventurepants_

Post by adventurepants_ » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:34 am

Geezus wrote:
adventurepants_ wrote:
Geezus wrote: its perfectly legitimate to bitch about a authorization scheme before you buy the product. I dont have to buy cubase 4 to think that dongles suck. I dont have to buy live 8 to think that having to request permission to authorize my copy after the nth time would be annoying. I didnt have to buy any music cds from Sony to think that their scheme to install hidden DRM software on my computer was a shitty thing to do.

so kindly take your butthurt moralfag rage somewhere else please.
oh thats rich failbitch. you have moral angst about Sonys rootkit DRM when you had no intention of buying their CDs, just like you have no intention of buying Live, because you can get away with it. Thats fine, live your life but youre going to get a pasting when you come here looking for support and think that paid customers may be slightly interested in your asinine views.

About how many times do I have to write the words "I'm totally buying live 8" over and over in this fucking forum before your illiterate moral outraged brain understands the simple concept that I AM BUYING LIVE 8 DIPSHIT.

Also, you seem to find it difficult to understand the (apparently) overly complicated idea that it is indeed possible to have opinions of product features and limitations without purchasing said product. Shit if that weren't a legitimate possibility I wonder why the fuck any company bothers to highlight their product's features at all since nobody's opinion would fucking matter until they already bought it anyway.

In fact, I am of the opinion that a products authorization scheme is one of the FIRST things I factor in BEFORE buying it. I never bought cubase 4 because I dont want to use a fucking dongle. according to your logic I'm not allowed to have an opinion on having to use a dongle because I choose not to buy cubase because it uses a dongle. Brilliant logic there, how could I have been so stupid not to see it? I should go buy cubase right now so I can be pissed about using the thing I didn't want to use in the first place.

Cue blind moral outrage in 3....2.....
I dont care if people pirate stuff, most of them were never going to buy it anyway, its not a lost sale. But you are stealing something, then whining that its not up to your standards. Do you realise what a pathetic teenager that makes you sound like? I bet youll never buy Live 8 just like you didnt buy Cubase, and blame it on the copy protection.

Just be a fucking man, and admit youre using it without paying because you can get away with it, not because of some moral stand against Steinberg, or Sony or whatever.

Another Rebel without a clue.
nathannn wrote:i will block everyone on this forum if i have to.

aMUSEd

Post by aMUSEd » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:41 am

I was under the impression that Live beat the crackers some time ago and while there are partial cracks floating around of older versions they do not work 100% because the copy protection is built into everything including live sets and is based on a number of sophisticated self checks.

xh9o

Post by xh9o » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:50 am

adventurepants_ wrote:Just be a fucking man

a "man" like you? hahaha. great
-

feel her fountain....
she dies.

live7 battery synthlite2 matrix1000 synplant operator moogfilter transverb lofi retrodelay

sunrahrahrah

Post by sunrahrahrah » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:51 am

adventurepants_ wrote:

Just be a fucking man,
ahaha that was awful, please just stop you are making yourself look terrible.

for the record I wont get anything with a dongle either, I skipped past the air eq because of that, even though I quite wanted it.

xh9o

Post by xh9o » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:54 am

aMUSEd wrote:I was under the impression that Live beat the crackers some time ago and while there are partial cracks floating around of older versions they do not work 100% because the copy protection is built into everything including live sets and is based on a number of sophisticated self checks.

no not really, i had a cracked live 4, 5, 6 and 7 running and never had any problem with it. i just bought it recently cause you can´t disable sampler, tension etc. in the cracked version. and well its ok and also important for me to pay them, but somehow it feels really bad to be among the usual ableton honk user hanging around here.
-

feel her fountain....
she dies.

live7 battery synthlite2 matrix1000 synplant operator moogfilter transverb lofi retrodelay

adventurepants_

Post by adventurepants_ » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:56 am

aMUSEd wrote:I was under the impression that Live beat the crackers some time ago and while there are partial cracks floating around of older versions they do not work 100% because the copy protection is built into everything including live sets and is based on a number of sophisticated self checks.
its more about the relative obscurity of DAW software.

PC games have the best copy protection going, and they get cracked in days after release, even ones with multiple levels of protection. (DVD, online activation, serial number tied to online account, Securom tied to SID and serial etc etc). These releases carry great kudos in the cracker community if they can be overcome.With DAW software, the prestige isnt there.

Cubase 4 and Live could be easily cracked if they cared enough. I dont see the problem, most people that use a cracked copy of Live are non music makers just looking for something to play with, theyre not looking at entering the DAW market really so its not a lost sale.

It only starts costing the Abes money when those pinheads contact them for support for something they havent paid for.

xh9o

Post by xh9o » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:58 am

adventurepants_ wrote:It only starts costing the Abes money when those pinheads contact them for support for something they havent paid for.

reading little motherfuckers like you writing their conno crap here costs me lots of nerves and my good mood. so who´s gonna pay me for that?
-

feel her fountain....
she dies.

adventurepants_

Post by adventurepants_ » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:06 am

sunrahrahrah wrote:
adventurepants_ wrote:

Just be a fucking man,
ahaha that was awful, please just stop you are making yourself look terrible.

for the record I wont get anything with a dongle either, I skipped past the air eq because of that, even though I quite wanted it.
i calls em how i sees em.

If this place wasnt full of opinionated assholes we would be having more threads about Live's sound quality. Is that really what you want?

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:08 am

They should just flood the torrent trackers with crapped copies of Live that puts Deadmau5 loops into the renders or performances. All people using the crack/crap will then get sued by mau5's lawyer.

adventurepants_

Post by adventurepants_ » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:11 am

xh9o wrote:
adventurepants_ wrote:It only starts costing the Abes money when those pinheads contact them for support for something they havent paid for.

reading little motherfuckers like you writing their conno crap here costs me lots of nerves and my good mood. so who´s gonna pay me for that?
if your nerves are shot, then the Logout link is on the top of the page. Maybe come back after a lie down and a hug from your RealDoll?

whats conno crap?

xh9o

Post by xh9o » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:25 am

she´s at work, no way. and conno is a conno, the last primitives not able to relativate very much.
-

feel her fountain....
she dies.

adventurepants_

Post by adventurepants_ » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:35 am

xh9o wrote:it fells like the cracking scene has changed a lot, there even seem much fewer teams out there. maybe since they dodn´t see the point in making cracks for assholes who have money but wanna have anything for free.
xh9o wrote:i had a cracked live 4, 5, 6 and 7 running and never had any problem with it.

xh9o

Post by xh9o » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:37 am

adventurepants_ wrote:
xh9o wrote:it fells like the cracking scene has changed a lot, there even seem much fewer teams out there. maybe since they dodn´t see the point in making cracks for assholes who have money but wanna have anything for free.
xh9o wrote:i had a cracked live 4, 5, 6 and 7 running and never had any problem with it.

well... and this shos us... what exactly?
-

feel her fountain....
she dies.